Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 428

+ Reply to Thread
Page 428 of 548 FirstFirst ... 328378418426427428429430438478528 ... LastLast
Results 4,271 to 4,280 of 5479

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

  1. #4271
    PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,204
    Thanks
    3,289
    Thanked 4,229 Times in 1,973 Posts
    Rep Power
    3746726
    The problem with it is that to Brighton fans he is there club record signing , a lot of money for where they are from and came as the top scorer from Holland and that is how he would have been sold to them. So they are expecting goals and assists and some payback for the money spent. I’m guessing most the fans watch the team as a whole when he plays unlike us fans of his who focus on his game when plays and can see the good stuff he is doing and know what his game was from before Brighton.
    He could play terrible for them but be getting a few goals and Brighton fans would prob be happy cos he is putting the ball in the back of the net.

  2. #4272
    General Member
    Reputation

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    272
    Thanked 122 Times in 45 Posts
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Rightly or wrongly, when Brighton concede possession they fall back into shape rather than win the ball back straight away, at least in the first hour. In this way away from home and against the top six they tend to have possession of less than 50%, averaging out at 44.5% which is 16th, only better than Palace, Newcastle, Burnley and Cardiff, but all bar the top 6 are under 50% on their travels. cf Man City 62.9% and only Chelsea are above 60% away from home.

    Passing away from home is at 75%, 15th, cf. Man City 88%, Chelsea 88.2%. This confirms my allegation that Chelsea was a dress rehearsal.

    Other points: Locadia was chosen as target striker but got injured late on. Andone is a second striker put into a target role he is not suited to.

    Even from open play, Brighton have the highest number of accurate crosses away crosses of 4.9 per game with 10.3 inaccurate. cf. Man City 2.9 accurate and 15.9 inaccurate. Man City have the most accurate away corners at an astonishing 4 per game, inaccurate 4.1. Brighton are sixth with 2.2 accurate, 1.5 inaccurate away from home.

    Brighton have a very high proportion of long passes at 19% with about 44% of them accurate. Only Man City have more than 50% long ball passes accurate (57%). It would be better if Brighton did not waste so many long balls, but they are not on their own, most clubs resort to the long pass quite often and more often inaccurate. (I bet these include keeper clearances.)

    All in all, the top 6 are on a different level than the rest.
    Thanks. Pretty much tells you that in a very defensive setting the flank play is adequate while the midfield and central play (i.e. possession and ball/tempo control) is lacking.

  3. #4273
    High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    559
    Thanks
    284
    Thanked 424 Times in 208 Posts
    Rep Power
    1861807
    Quote Originally Posted by zahedika View Post
    Thanks. Pretty much tells you that in a very defensive setting the flank play is adequate while the midfield and central play (i.e. possession and ball/tempo control) is lacking.
    It could just be numbers, with two wingers Brighton have one extra on the flanks and one less in midfield. It also means that a longer pass is needed to reach them.
    Playing one winger would enable an extra man in midfield and rectify the weakness in the middle of the park without replacing players.

    CH choice of tactics, not mine.

    This season Brighton have been missing the hard running and creativity of Pascal Groß.

  4. #4274
    V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    BacheLot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    33,281
    Thanks
    54,322
    Thanked 14,160 Times in 7,103 Posts
    Rep Power
    42949738
    BHA needs far more pace & quality in CM position
    Stephens & Propper are dogshit & Bessima still raw ..! The one guy who has shown occasional flashes of quality (Kayal) seemed to be benched all the time ..!
    There are other issues that need addressing but CM seems to me as often the most underperforming position for them .!

  5. #4275
    General Member
    Reputation

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    272
    Thanked 122 Times in 45 Posts
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    It could just be numbers, with two wingers Brighton have one extra on the flanks and one less in midfield. It also means that a longer pass is needed to reach them.
    Playing one winger would enable an extra man in midfield and rectify the weakness in the middle of the park without replacing players.

    CH choice of tactics, not mine.
    As a whole BHA defends too deep and too passive (falls back into defensive shape as a whole with not even one player pressuring at the opponents point of attack).

    A lot of teams do a great to fairly decent job of controlling the midfield with 3 players. In many of those, there is a forward that drops to help the middle and then move up to the middle of the front line. Murray is not that and I do not know who in BHA is. The 4-3-3 that CH has a fetish for would do great with a forward like that. In other systems, the wings drop back and 2 of the middle 3 drop to a more defensive positions with CAM staying up in a 3 man midfield line. So CH has options but he needs to be a bit more of a manager and less of a trainer.

    The balls played through the center if not long, are usually stuck in the midfield and take the speed out of the attack. This is because Bissouma gets the ball and takes a long time to figure out what is going on, and by then he is closed down and loses the ball (may be he is not Gross). The other two midfielders really seem like D-mids w/o much vision or creativity (clones of each other), at least from what I have seen. I love to see Kayal replace Stephens or Proper. In couple of games that I have seen him, he seems to bring more energy and movement to the midfield.

    The center backs are usually left hanging and forward line is not served because of terrible midfield play.

    The overlap/exchange play between the wings and their side's full backs (Bernardo and Montoya) are good when the ball is moved up the flanks, which is much quicker than centrally played balls. I am not sure what happened to Solly March but he has been regressing, but AC and AR seem to do and adequate job given their defensive duties and lack of MF support.

    The games I saw Bong play, he really scared me because of his lack of soccer common sense. Bruno is good if you want a stay at home back, where he does not have to do a lot of recovery work.

    On crosses, there is very little movement to the ball, to open space or to space by the center forward, opposite side winger or trailing MF. It is like playing Irish style, find the tall guy, have him stand in the middle of the box and try to bounce the ball off his head and hope for the best.

    I am not as familiar with Pascal Gross as with the current midfield line up, but I think Bissouma is supposed to be the replacement creative midfielder. Problem with Bissouma is as I said above. I truly wished BHA had bought Thomas Delaney as opposed to Bissouma and AJ if they were looking for quick results; however, I am sure that if not both at least AJ will pan out in the long term (much better next season and very solid from there).

    Lets just hope BHA does not drop.

  6. #4276
    High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    559
    Thanks
    284
    Thanked 424 Times in 208 Posts
    Rep Power
    1861807
    Quote Originally Posted by zahedika View Post
    As a whole BHA defends too deep and too passive (falls back into defensive shape as a whole with not even one player pressuring at the opponents point of attack).
    A lot of teams do a great to fairly decent job of controlling the midfield with 3 players. In many of those, there is a forward that drops to help the middle and then move up to the middle of the front line. Murray is not that and I do not know who in BHA is. The 4-3-3 that CH has a fetish for would do great with a forward like that. In other systems, the wings drop back and 2 of the middle 3 drop to a more defensive positions with CAM staying up in a 3 man midfield line. So CH has options but he needs to be a bit more of a manager and less of a trainer.
    The balls played through the center if not long, are usually stuck in the midfield and take the speed out of the attack. This is because Bissouma gets the ball and takes a long time to figure out what is going on, and by then he is closed down and loses the ball (may be he is not Gross). The other two midfielders really seem like D-mids w/o much vision or creativity (clones of each other), at least from what I have seen. I love to see Kayal replace Stephens or Proper. In couple of games that I have seen him, he seems to bring more energy and movement to the midfield.
    The center backs are usually left hanging and forward line is not served because of terrible midfield play.
    The overlap/exchange play between the wings and their side's full backs (Bernardo and Montoya) are good when the ball is moved up the flanks, which is much quicker than centrally played balls. I am not sure what happened to Solly March but he has been regressing, but AC and AR seem to do and adequate job given their defensive duties and lack of MF support.
    The games I saw Bong play, he really scared me because of his lack of soccer common sense. Bruno is good if you want a stay at home back, where he does not have to do a lot of recovery work.
    On crosses, there is very little movement to the ball, to open space or to space by the center forward, opposite side winger or trailing MF. It is like playing Irish style, find the tall guy, have him stand in the middle of the box and try to bounce the ball off his head and hope for the best.
    I am not as familiar with Pascal Gross as with the current midfield line up, but I think Bissouma is supposed to be the replacement creative midfielder. Problem with Bissouma is as I said above. I truly wished BHA had bought Thomas Delaney as opposed to Bissouma and AJ if they were looking for quick results; however, I am sure that if not both at least AJ will pan out in the long term (much better next season and very solid from there).
    Lets just hope BHA does not drop.
    I'm not about to disagree wholeheartedly, just fill in a few gaps:

    Pascal Groß has immense stamina and covers a lot of ground. Outside of the top six clubs he was involved in more goals than any other PL player last season. And covers the most ground as well.
    Bruno can read the game better, does not go AWOL and shows more composure on the ball than anyone else.
    Kayal has a a little burst of speed but he goes not get involved in hardly any goals.
    Knockaert and March are very left footed making it easier for defenders as they are reluctant to use their weaker foot with good reason. They are overachieving this season. Bissouma is more promising.
    I'm not against Bong as he can at least spot the runs of opposing forwards.
    Dale Stephens and Davy Pröpper are identical in style slowish defensive midfielders. (Thomas Delaney wanted to go to Germany.)
    Montoya is good at interceptions and not big enough for a far post crosses.
    On form and fully fit, I would tend to play just the one winger:



    Ryan
    Bruno Duffy Dunk Bong
    Groß Stephens Pröpper Izquierdo
    Locadia Andone

    but against the top 6 and away, I would tend to leave Izquierdo on the bench with Bissouma, Montoya and Bernardo all in contention.

    i would go for a left-sided midfielder as a big money purchase, in the unlikely event one wold become available.


  7. #4277
    PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    ehsan singapore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    13,542
    Thanks
    243
    Thanked 3,361 Times in 1,946 Posts
    Rep Power
    11140867
    brighton should focus on the fa cup, if they can get to the final is still good.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ehsan singapore For This Useful Post:


  9. #4278
    PFDC Top Member
    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    DR Strangemoosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,545
    Thanks
    563
    Thanked 5,263 Times in 2,003 Posts
    Rep Power
    23740696
    Quote Originally Posted by ehsan singapore View Post
    brighton should focus on the fa cup, if they can get to the final is still good.
    Ehsan you are the best.

  10. #4279
    V.I.P.
    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    KasraKhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,874
    Thanks
    3,071
    Thanked 5,281 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Rep Power
    25315875
    For U.S. viewers, the Man City vs. BHA match tomorrow will be streamed live on ESPN+ (which is a separate, paid subscription).

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to KasraKhan For This Useful Post:


  12. #4280
    High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    559
    Thanks
    284
    Thanked 424 Times in 208 Posts
    Rep Power
    1861807
    Quote Originally Posted by ehsan singapore View Post
    brighton should focus on the fa cup, if they can get to the final is still good.
    One game at a time

    History: Brighton focused on the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and got relegated. It took Brighton over 33 years to get back.

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
[Output: 98.87 Kb. compressed to 89.89 Kb. by saving 8.98 Kb. (9.09%)]