Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 427

+ Reply to Thread
Page 427 of 548 FirstFirst ... 327377417425426427428429437477527 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,270 of 5479

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

  1. #4261
    PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,213
    Thanks
    3,306
    Thanked 4,235 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Rep Power
    3746726
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    I have learn't my lesson before doing trebles of nil conceded when doubles is best. I nearly did winning at HT and FT treble.
    I’ve been trying to stick to in play bets lately, having more luck on it. Won a 700/1 on the horses the other week so trying not to blow any of my winnings.

  2. #4262
    High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    559
    Thanks
    284
    Thanked 424 Times in 208 Posts
    Rep Power
    1861807
    Quote Originally Posted by Medzdidz View Post
    I’ve been trying to stick to in play bets lately, having more luck on it. Won a 700/1 on the horses the other week so trying not to blow any of my winnings.
    Brighton to beat Man City in 90 minutes with both teams scoring, should be 45/1 or better.

    Wait until the teams are announced ??

  3. #4263
    General Member
    Reputation

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    274
    Thanked 122 Times in 45 Posts
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Dress rehearsal for the Man City match. If Brighton cannot stop Jorginho running the show, they are not going to be able to stop Fernandidno or Gündoğan. Got to press him. Before the game I thought Montoya (good at interceptions) would be best but Bernardo might be able to do it?

    In the absence of Pascal Groß, creations from open play have dried up this season.

    I don't think good midfielders are easy to sign. Brighton wanted to sign Martin Delaney, left sided, when the current midfielders veer to the right on their strongest foot.

    Our wingers haven't got the quality to cross from open play or get around on the outside on their weaker foot and usually get shepherded inside.

    I cannot see Brighton starting two wingers on the pitch against Man City, more likely to have four full backs.

    Downturn in form has coincided with Bruno being left out of the team.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Stopping the midfield would probably require the three clown midfielders to actually defend, win and serve playable balls. This has not happened yet and will not happen against MC with these clowns on the pitch and CH's style of kick and rush.

    Are you talking about Thomas Delaney? If so, then may be instead of signing AJ for 19m Euros, CH should have signed MD who cost about the same. Apparently the scouting and evaluation of what the team needs at BHA is as great as its playing style and punditry.

    If you serve 1 in 10 good balls to your wingers (watch the games again and see the service your wingers get), then you get less than 1 in 10 good crosses unless you are playing against cones. Anyone who has played/coached the game can tell you that.

    Against MC you might as well play a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-1-4-1 and bunker in, because with the midfield that you have you are going to get badly buggered in 3 seconds.

    And down turn in form has had very little to do with Bruno. He was there for 2 of the 3 games in the winning streak and then disappeared, and before that when he played a bit more BHA was nothing to write home about. If anyone has been there for the losing streaks other than your permanent starters and their lack of ability to string 3 passes together, it has been Bong and to a lesser extent Montoya.

  4. #4264
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Pejman-IL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,214
    Thanks
    467
    Thanked 299 Times in 143 Posts
    Rep Power
    9178103

    Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    PS: it seemed we played a virtually full strength Chelsea side in their best form of the season.

    I think CH got it slightly wrong when I would have played Montoya or Bernardo instead of Jahanbakhsh from the start. Needed to stop Jorginho as well as Hazard.

    It was unfortunate that Locadia and March got injured.
    Even if Jahanbaksh was on the bench,
    Brighton would lose 3-0.

    Can you explain why kayal is on the bench? he is the only player that walks & runs without the ball, I don’t like Propper and Stephens.

    But still people blame JB every time, it’s not like other players are performing better
    Brighton midfield and defense are just too slow

    I really hope he gets loaned out or goes to another club to prove everyone wrong

    English football doesn’t suite him he should have gone to Germany like weghorst 12 goals already For Wolfsburg! and weghorst was the guy that was super jealous of JB


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #4265
    High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    559
    Thanks
    284
    Thanked 424 Times in 208 Posts
    Rep Power
    1861807

    Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion

    Preview: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Notional squad strings five across the middle with two wide men for Brighton. It does not usually pan out quite like that.

    In recent games against City, Brighton conceded by a quick breakaway after being caught in possession or by misdirecting a pass playing out of defence. The very first goal was conceded after a Brighton corner.

  6. #4266
    Senior Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    255
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 191 Times in 93 Posts
    Rep Power
    993053
    My review of the game is: Brighton need to keep the possession while they are allowed to have it. Even seconds after kick-off Brighton lost the ball instantly to Chelsea. Sure, maybe Brighton can't do much with possession in a attacking sense, but having possession also means the other team will have a harder time to attack.

    This could mean to play fewer long balls. Against Chelsea, I found that Andone had trouble reaching/controlling crosses coming from the deep, maybe it is because he is shorter than Murray, but this feels like something you use when Murray plays. Andone seems to like to come in deeper and sometimes even run out to the wings, this means Brighton really need to hammer in more possession based play if they want to use Andone, atleast in this formation.

    If you play long balls and Andone can't control/reach it, it also means that the wingers can't get involved. The play just dies instantly and the possession falls to Chelsea again, and Brightons wingers need to run back and defend again, and then Andone once again becomes the only option upfront and the cycle continues.

    Overall it feels like Brighton has completely disconnected units. You have the defenders that do well imho, the CM's that sometimes work well with defenders, then the wingers and strikers, that seem to be detached from the rest of the team. It's weird since you'd imagine atleast the CM's and wingers will be connected well, but I just can't see them having a partnership in this team. They don't seem to know how to play with eachother, which once again seems to lead to losing possession. Just a general comment.

    This is only my own opinion, I was doing other things while watching the game and I probably didn't catch everything.

  7. #4267
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Ali Doust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,660
    Thanks
    1,944
    Thanked 3,074 Times in 1,196 Posts
    Rep Power
    3265973
    ARJ was the only player maintaning Hazard. As soon as ARJ got moved to the left, Hazard took over. I dont know how much more we can expect from him when he is playing RWB or LWB. Brighton wouldve been better off buying Mohammadi for playing those positions.
    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ali Doust For This Useful Post:


  9. #4268
    High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    559
    Thanks
    284
    Thanked 424 Times in 208 Posts
    Rep Power
    1861807
    Quote Originally Posted by happydoggo View Post
    My review of the game is: Brighton need to keep the possession while they are allowed to have it. Even seconds after kick-off Brighton lost the ball instantly to Chelsea. Sure, maybe Brighton can't do much with possession in a attacking sense, but having possession also means the other team will have a harder time to attack.

    This could mean to play fewer long balls. Against Chelsea, I found that Andone had trouble reaching/controlling crosses coming from the deep, maybe it is because he is shorter than Murray, but this feels like something you use when Murray plays. Andone seems to like to come in deeper and sometimes even run out to the wings, this means Brighton really need to hammer in more possession based play if they want to use Andone, atleast in this formation.

    If you play long balls and Andone can't control/reach it, it also means that the wingers can't get involved. The play just dies instantly and the possession falls to Chelsea again, and Brightons wingers need to run back and defend again, and then Andone once again becomes the only option upfront and the cycle continues.

    Overall it feels like Brighton has completely disconnected units. You have the defenders that do well imho, the CM's that sometimes work well with defenders, then the wingers and strikers, that seem to be detached from the rest of the team. It's weird since you'd imagine atleast the CM's and wingers will be connected well, but I just can't see them having a partnership in this team. They don't seem to know how to play with eachother, which once again seems to lead to losing possession. Just a general comment.

    This is only my own opinion, I was doing other things while watching the game and I probably didn't catch everything.

    Rightly or wrongly, when Brighton concede possession they fall back into shape rather than win the ball back straight away, at least in the first hour. In this way away from home and against the top six they tend to have possession of less than 50%, averaging out at 44.5% which is 16th, only better than Palace, Newcastle, Burnley and Cardiff, but all bar the top 6 are under 50% on their travels. cf Man City 62.9% and only Chelsea are above 60% away from home.

    Passing away from home is at 75%, 15th, cf. Man City 88%, Chelsea 88.2%. This confirms my allegation that Chelsea was a dress rehearsal.

    Other points: Locadia was chosen as target striker but got injured late on. Andone is a second striker put into a target role he is not suited to.

    Even from open play, Brighton have the highest number of accurate crosses away crosses of 4.9 per game with 10.3 inaccurate. cf. Man City 2.9 accurate and 15.9 inaccurate. Man City have the most accurate away corners at an astonishing 4 per game, inaccurate 4.1. Brighton are sixth with 2.2 accurate, 1.5 inaccurate away from home.

    Brighton have a very high proportion of long passes at 19% with about 44% of them accurate. Only Man City have more than 50% long ball passes accurate (57%). It would be better if Brighton did not waste so many long balls, but they are not on their own, most clubs resort to the long pass quite often and more often inaccurate. (I bet these include keeper clearances.)

    All in all, the top 6 are on a different level than the rest.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post:


  11. #4269
    Senior Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    7,337
    Thanked 176 Times in 76 Posts
    Rep Power
    1499626
    Brighton just sucks as a team and against Chelsea they couldn't even hold the ball for 30 seconds. Their midfield is non existent. Jahanbakhsh chose the wrong team for sure. lets hope he still manages to score some goals, it's about time

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Babak_Shirazi For This Useful Post:


  13. #4270
    PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,213
    Thanks
    3,306
    Thanked 4,235 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Rep Power
    3746726
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Brighton to beat Man City in 90 minutes with both teams scoring, should be 45/1 or better.
    Wait until the teams are announced ??
    Wow if that happens then I take my hat off to you 😀

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
[Output: 98.05 Kb. compressed to 88.89 Kb. by saving 9.16 Kb. (9.34%)]