Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 374

+ Reply to Thread
Page 374 of 548 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376384424474 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 5479

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,286 Times in 2,836 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Huddersfield at home and Cardiff at home I had circled as opportunities our man needs to take to post up some numbers. One down, one to go and I ain't havin this 'he played well' nonesense, I need cold hard output, my gran could 'play well' as an attacker against Huddersfield at home (safety wink)
    Yo this one time Saman Ghoddos scored 21 goals in a season playing for a team in the top5 leagues in the world. He got top scorer but the left winger (Ivan Cavaleiro) got sold the next transfer window even though he was crucial to Ghoddos putting in all those goals with his runs/build up play.

True story.

Except it was my Wolverhampton Fifa 18 career mode.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to perspolis#1 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,069 Times in 1,925 Posts
    Great to see the vast majority of BHA fans changing their opinions on JB and now appreciating what he brings to their team. Seems like for a fair number he was the standout, but at least for most they are impressed with his progress from game to game. I personally believe his physical regime to pack more muscle is only now starting to bear fruit (if anything, earlier than I would have predicted given his injury)

He's a confidence player (as a guy who is clearly more intelligent than the average footballer and probably harder on himself too) so all he needs is that one spark of luck and then he may set things on fire.

I believe in him and although it may still take a bit of time, his time will come and we may finally have an EPL player who people really remember (speaking as someone who has seen Ashkan and Ando live)

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DR Strangemoosh For This Useful Post:

Banned
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Funny how the entire attitude of this thread changes with one decent game

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mistermo For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,010 Times in 777 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindfield23 View Post
    I attended today's game and can vouch that this was AJ's best performance in a Brighton shirt - don't take any notice of the minority of "supporters" who slag players off at every opportunity (these kind of people do this for every player, particularly the English ones in our squad) - the majority recognise that Alireza had an impressive afternoon

Up the Albion🔵⚪🔵⚪🔵⚪
    The momentum gained from this match will be so important going into the derby game against Palace. Should be a tantalizing match given both team's circumstances on top of it all.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TM4LIFE For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Bit harsh to label Murray a dead weight player - he has numerous limitations but has made a valuable contribution towards getting Brighton to the Prem, and (for the time being) keeping us there. He was abysmal today (the Andone substitution was crucial) but I wouldn't put that down to not "being arsed", I think he just had an off day

Murray was a dead weight in the Huddersfield game, a fairer comment than saying ARJ was the best player. ARJ did not do enough to warrant automatic inclusion against Palace (A) as he was only equal to Knockaert as the best winger in the game. Brighton may only play one winger at Palace. Albion team choice is a matter of speculation for this coming game.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Murray was a dead weight in the Huddersfield game, a fairer comment than saying ARJ was the best player. ARJ did not do enough to warrant automatic inclusion against Palace (A) as he was only equal to Knockaert as the best winger in the game. Brighton may only play one winger at Palace. Albion team choice is a matter of speculation for this coming game.
    Aside from Knockaert's cross I thought ARJ was miles better. Knockaert gave the ball away so many times.
    ballast parcham bi boro bargard refigh negaran nabash bikhod to aslan

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CanadianEh For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianEh View Post
    Aside from Knockaert's cross I thought ARJ was miles better. Knockaert gave the ball away so many times.
    Width of the crossbar between them. Industry was needed more than finesse against Huddersfield and Knockaert leads with this. Against Palace, CH has a decision to make which winger would be most suitable by style rather than ability (not much to choose between them ability wise).

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Murray was a dead weight in the Huddersfield game, a fairer comment than saying ARJ was the best player.
    I don't dispute that Murray was dead weight yesterday (I described his performance was "abysmal") but it is questionable at best to label him "dead weight" on a more general basis (I believe this is what was meant, though I apologise if I have misinterpreted the original comment) - yes he has days when his performance is not up to scratch; just like every other player at the club. But he knows where the net is - his tally for Brighton over the years is testament to that

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lindfield23 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,286 Times in 2,836 Posts
    I don't dispute that Murray was dead weight yesterday (I described his performance was "abysmal") but it is questionable at best to label him "dead weight" on a more general basis (I believe this is what was meant, though I apologise if I have misinterpreted the original comment) - yes he has days when his performance is not up to scratch; just like every other player at the club. But he knows where the net is - his tally for Brighton over the years is testament to that
    No man Glenn Murray was great but we have to be honest it shows in his form. His beginning of the season stats are a different world than his current run of form. Personally, I think age is catching up to him. We had our own Ali Daei who was our undisputed best goalscorer ever.. but he eventually became a liability after the age of 35/36.
    Brighton's attack can be scary if Andone starts.

Let's say Andone upfront with other wingers. If Jahanbakhsh gets moved to the right he will perform better as thats his natural position.

Andone linking up with players like Ali-J to his right, Izquierdo to his left, Bissouma advancing, as well as Pascal Gross when hes back, they might actually create more chances than their opponents.

Then bring on Murray after 70th tactically. Sounds more useful than him tiring out during the first half.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to perspolis#1 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,802 Times in 1,108 Posts
    Width of the crossbar between them. Industry was needed more than finesse against Huddersfield and Knockaert leads with this. Against Palace, CH has a decision to make which winger would be most suitable by style rather than ability (not much to choose between them ability wise).
    ARJ creates offence while Knockaert is a brainless player with strong physical attributes. If ARJ had 2 or 3 other players upfront with type of vision, they would be a deadly force for any team. Sadly this team is full of players whom are physically in good shape but have zero to little amount of vision for creating real chances.
    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ali Doust For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 13

You do not have permission to view the list of names.