Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 364

+ Reply to Thread
Page 364 of 548 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374414464 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 5479

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

  1. #3631
    V.I.P.
    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    KasraKhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    13,397
    Thanks
    3,458
    Thanked 6,187 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Rep Power
    25315895
    Quote Originally Posted by Kas-r View Post
    I've played football at a fairly decent level in one of the most innovative and advanced football countries in the world (Netherlands), and have experience as a pundit on various football-related forums such as Reddit. One thing I've noticed is that those living in the United States have exactly zero knowledge of the complex game that football is. You are living in a country that intrinsically lacks advanced infrastructure, which has clearly hampered your ability to understand how things work over here.
    Please spare us with your holier than thou attitude and your unsubstantiated opinion that you know more than U.S. members about soccer simply because you are from the Netherlands and you post on Reddit soccer forums. Lol. Seriously?

    And you claim the U.S. lacks an advanced infrastructure? It may not be akin to the European model, but there's little doubt U.S. soccer has a very strong infrastructure such as facilities, funding, coaching, etc., which is one of the main reasons U.S. women's team is one of the best in the world.

    The U.S. may lack natrual talent, interest, and desire in the sport. But lacking an infrastructure is simply false.

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KasraKhan For This Useful Post:


  3. #3632
    Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    316
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 303 Times in 117 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by KasraKhan View Post
    Please spare us with your holier than thou attitude and your unsubstantiated opinion that you know more than U.S. members about soccer simply because you are from the Netherlands and you post on Reddit soccer forums. Lol. Seriously?
    And you claim the U.S. lacks an advanced infrastructure? It may not be akin to the European model, but there's little doubt U.S. soccer has a very strong infrastructure such as facilities, funding, coaching, etc., which is one of the main reasons U.S. women's team is one of the best in the world.

    The U.S. may lack natrual talent, interest, and desire in the sport. But lacking an infrastructure is simply false.
    Bringing U.S. women's football team into the discussion is like mentioning a completely different discipline. Its only relation to men's football, especially the one conducted in Europe at top-level, is the standard playing rules which links both professions to each other. Other than that, it is comparing apples to oranges. You guys live in a completely different sports (football) culture, which is exactly the reason why the American soccer industry is eager to import European knowledge (coaches, players, trainers, etc) to advance its existing.

    Nobody takes you guys serious over here, so spare me your little Yankee sensitivies.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kas-r For This Useful Post:


  5. #3633
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,962
    Thanks
    830
    Thanked 477 Times in 188 Posts
    Rep Power
    3115305
    Quote Originally Posted by Kas-r View Post
    Bringing U.S. women's football team into the discussion is like mentioning a completely different discipline. Its only relation to men's football, especially the one conducted in Europe at top-level, is the standard playing rules which links both professions to each other. Other than that, it is comparing apples to oranges. You guys live in a completely different sports (football) culture, which is exactly the reason why the American soccer industry is eager to import European knowledge (coaches, players, trainers, etc) to advance its existing.

    Nobody takes you guys serious over here, so spare me your little Yankee sensitivies.
    Just because you're from Netherlands doesn't mean you know more about soccer than someone from the US.

    Just because some shit Dutch player is Dutch, doesn't mean he's a better player than Christian Pulisic, for example. (I think pulisic is overrated but he's still pretty good).

    So don't bring that into your argument. Bring facts and logic.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to persian_parsa For This Useful Post:


  7. #3634
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,962
    Thanks
    830
    Thanked 477 Times in 188 Posts
    Rep Power
    3115305
    Also, my Iranian friend ran into Anthony Knockaert who was in the stands to watch the Chelsea game, and he asked Knockaert about ARJ. Knockaert said he's very impressed with ARJ and expects him to be on fire next season, and that he's working on his strength.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to persian_parsa For This Useful Post:


  9. #3635
    Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    316
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 303 Times in 117 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by persian_parsa View Post
    Just because you're from Netherlands doesn't mean you know more about soccer than someone from the US.

    Just because some shit Dutch player is Dutch, doesn't mean he's a better player than Christian Pulisic, for example. (I think pulisic is overrated but he's still pretty good).

    So don't bring that into your argument. Bring facts and logic.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    No, but the average Dutch player is still better than the average U.S. player. The same with punditry.

  10. #3636
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,962
    Thanks
    830
    Thanked 477 Times in 188 Posts
    Rep Power
    3115305
    Quote Originally Posted by Kas-r View Post
    No, but the average Dutch player is still better than the average U.S. player. The same with punditry.
    Who mentioned averages? I'm talking about a one on one person discussion on a forum. That's terrible logic if you know about statistics. I agree that an average dutch football pundit knows more than an average American football pundit. Doesn't make what you or they say right.

    Doctor Oz is a certified doctor in the US, but he sells a bunch of stupid fake pseudoscience stuff all the time.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  11. #3637
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,345
    Thanks
    3,394
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 785 Posts
    Rep Power
    836492
    Amazing how you were able to find all the punditry in US and Netherlands, were somehow able to assign a grade to each and every one of them and finally took the average of the grades and came to the conclusion that average punditry from Netherlands is higher than US!!!! Guys give up please. People from Netherlands are all soccer experts and no one in US has a valid opinion. Sarcasm!!!

  12. #3638
    Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    316
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 303 Times in 117 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by persian_parsa View Post
    Who mentioned averages? I'm talking about a one on one person discussion on a forum. That's terrible logic if you know about statistics. I agree that an average dutch football pundit knows more than an average American football pundit. Doesn't make what you or they say right.

    Doctor Oz is a certified doctor in the US, but he sells a bunch of stupid fake pseudoscience stuff all the time.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    You seem to have reading comprehension problems. Look back at how this discussion of difference in football knowledge evolved and the arguments I have presented.

    What I say isn't that difficult to understand. European level of football quality, whether in punditry, analyse or the actual game, is way above anything that is present in the United States. As a result, the likelihood of an American to be acquainted with the delicate knowledge of high-level European football is highly improbable. That is the logical result of living in a different continent with a less advanced football infrastructure. Does that say no American knows anything about football? No, but the quality of discussion lies way below than in Europe.

  13. #3639
    Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    316
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 303 Times in 117 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
    Amazing how you were able to find all the punditry in US and Netherlands, were somehow able to assign a grade to each and every one of them and finally took the average of the grades and came to the conclusion that average punditry from Netherlands is higher than US!!!! Guys give up please. People from Netherlands are all soccer experts and no one in US has a valid opinion. Sarcasm!!!
    What is even more amazing is that this meaningless discussion made you crawl out of your anonymous and inactive hole. Wonderful!

  14. #3640
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,962
    Thanks
    830
    Thanked 477 Times in 188 Posts
    Rep Power
    3115305
    Quote Originally Posted by Kas-r View Post
    You seem to have reading comprehension problems. Look back at how this discussion of difference in football knowledge evolved and the arguments I have presented.

    What I say isn't that difficult to understand. European level of football quality, whether in punditry, analyse or the actual game, is way above anything that is present in the United States. As a result, the likelihood of an American to be acquainted with the delicate knowledge of high-level European football is highly improbable. That is the logical result of living in a different continent with a less advanced football infrastructure. Does that say no American knows anything about football? No, but the quality of discussion lies way below than in Europe.
    Seems like you have trouble understanding logic, so there's no point arguing with you.

    Sorry to derail the thread to other readers.

    Let's hope Jahanbakhsh can improve his form and further his career!


    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 8

You do not have permission to view the list of names.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
[Output: 99.23 Kb. compressed to 90.17 Kb. by saving 9.06 Kb. (9.13%)]