Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 362

+ Reply to Thread
Page 362 of 548 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364372412462 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 5479

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

  1. #3611
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,291
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 199 Times in 71 Posts
    Rep Power
    2354788
    Quote Originally Posted by sooskmar View Post
    I've never understood the vowed endless support people show JB when I struggle to remember the last time he stood out in a match.

    And the argument that "JB needs more game time" is nothing but bullshit. You don't enter a league such as the EPL only to start learning the ropes. You come to the EPL ready to go. Nothing less. There is not margin for error or room for warming into the league. If you're not ready, you wont get played. No team is going to start you for 10 games just so you can 'blend into the style of EPL'. Its an intense league where they cant afford to have players who don't have the basic skills being part of the starting 11.

    JBs first touches are awful 90% of the time. I don't understand how that has anything to do with the league you play in. That's the stuff you do without thinking. That's the stuff he was expected to have learn during his time in the Dutch league. You cant teach that, even if you start him every single match for the rest of the season, he wont improve on that because he just doesnt have what it takes, simple as that. BHA got ripped off paying such an exuberant amount for him.
    First paragraph - because he is an Iranian player playing in the best league in the world. We choose to support him because he has worked hard to get where he has and we want to see him succeed. What is so hard to understand about that.

    Second paragraph - Completely disagree. Some very, very good players have come to the premier league and struggled in their first season, only the turn it around in their second season. I am a Man City fan and this happened to many of our best players, including Sane and B Silva, both of which are world class players. Some were questioning why we bought them in their first year which seems crazy now.

    Third paragraph - Tough to disagree with you on this one, his first touch has been poor. I do however believe your confidence does influence basic skills more than you say it does, including your first touch. When you are low on confidence your are worried about making mistakes and you focus too much on minor details, whereas when you are playing with confidence you don't think about these things and they come more naturally. He panics on the ball and is clearly under a lot of pressure. IMO responsibility for managing this is just as much with the manager as it is with him.
    ballast parcham bi boro bargard refigh negaran nabash bikhod to aslan

  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CanadianEh For This Useful Post:


  3. #3612
    Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    374
    Thanks
    637
    Thanked 257 Times in 136 Posts
    Rep Power
    31555
    i still believe he shouldbe went to napoli, if the offer was legit of course. but brighton was his choice as hughton had been interested in him for years and i would if someone had been interested in me for that long, regardless boy needs time, he was injured for a while plus he had asian cup. cant judge him now, judge him next season

  4. #3613
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,348
    Thanks
    3,405
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 785 Posts
    Rep Power
    836492
    First time poster over here. Am I mistaken or has ARJ started six times for Brighton. 4 EPL games and 2 cup games. And they have won 5 and lost 1 of those games. Not a bad record. One's contribution is not always in the form of goals and assists... Besides the toe pokes by Murray and headers by their central defenders, Brighton doesn't have very many goals anyways.

  5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Farzadfarhangni For This Useful Post:


  6. #3614
    Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Iranianarsenal11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    4,456
    Thanks
    42,278
    Thanked 9,227 Times in 2,983 Posts
    Rep Power
    8746934
    I swear some of you guys have never played football in your lives before...

    It's laughable how people expect ARJ to score goals in the 10 measly minutes he averages a game.. On a defensive team... Whose main attacking gameplan is to feed nareh khar balls to their 35 year old grandpa striker and target Duffy in set pieces.

  7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Iranianarsenal11 For This Useful Post:


  8. #3615
    PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    PSGman#19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    10,933
    Thanks
    976
    Thanked 9,425 Times in 4,033 Posts
    Rep Power
    6089948
    Quote Originally Posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
    I swear some of you guys have never played football in your lives before...

    It's laughable how people expect ARJ to score goals in the 10 measly minutes he averages a game.. On a defensive team... Whose main attacking gameplan is to feed nareh khar balls to their 35 year old grandpa striker and target Duffy in set pieces.
    It is his fault for choosing the wrong team with such style of play

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to PSGman#19 For This Useful Post:


  10. #3616
    PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Leicester City's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    10,316
    Thanks
    8,778
    Thanked 12,115 Times in 4,811 Posts
    Rep Power
    763236
    Quote Originally Posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
    I swear some of you guys have never played football in your lives before...

    It's laughable how people expect ARJ to score goals in the 10 measly minutes he averages a game.. On a defensive team... Whose main attacking gameplan is to feed nareh khar balls to their 35 year old grandpa striker and target Duffy in set pieces.
    What about the starts he gets against Championship sides in Cup games or the games he played against Everton?

  11. #3617
    Banned
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    pdot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,964
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 502 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Leicester City View Post
    What about the starts he gets against Championship sides in Cup games or the games he played against Everton?
    Or that his competition has scored and assisted and he has 0 goals and 0 assists in 11 games.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to pdot For This Useful Post:


  13. #3618
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Ali Doust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,841
    Thanks
    2,062
    Thanked 3,369 Times in 1,293 Posts
    Rep Power
    3269291
    Confidence is everything! Right now if you put that 19 year old Jahanbaksh fresh from Gilan into this team, he would be the hottest player. He has become too tamed under the big lights. The historic price tag has also had a bad effect on him. He needs to just get back to playing the sport that he loves and not to over think the situation.
    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

  14. #3619
    Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    316
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 303 Times in 117 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
    I swear some of you guys have never played football in your lives before...

    It's laughable how people expect ARJ to score goals in the 10 measly minutes he averages a game.. On a defensive team... Whose main attacking gameplan is to feed nareh khar balls to their 35 year old grandpa striker and target Duffy in set pieces.
    I've played football at a fairly decent level in one of the most innovative and advanced football countries in the world (Netherlands), and have experience as a pundit on various football-related forums such as Reddit. One thing I've noticed is that those living in the United States have exactly zero knowledge of the complex game that football is. You are living in a country that intrinsically lacks advanced infrastructure, which has clearly hampered your ability to understand how things work over here.

    To add to that, you are Iranian, of the fanboy kind. We have one of the most delusional and entitled fans in the world. Whenever one of our players doesn't get selected at his club, or when he lacks transfer options, accusations of political bias are started to pop up on this forum like there is some conspiracy against Iran and its football players. The fact that most of our players are absolutely shit, especially in relation to the quality of play most of us are speaking of, doesn't get through in the heads of our abgooshti analysts over here. The fact that our players demonstrated (Asian Cup) to lack any decent quality and mentality to weekly play at a professional club in Europe is being overlooked due to ethnic bias.

    The Premier League is tough competition. They buy players, especially when they spend a decent amount of money, to have a immediate effect on their squad. Jahanbakhsh has been rated both for his performances during training sessions as well for his sporadic performances in official matches. The fact that our friend has played absolutely horrible in most those sessions, as well as in his role for the national team, has led me to believe that the people at Brighton are in a state of shock for the lack of basic technique he has demonstrated. It isn't only that he has received a short amount of time to cement a starting position, but JB has performed so below par that even his ball control, shootings, offensive quality are seriously lacking.

    It was the same with Vincent Janssen, who came from AZ as well, who similarly demonstrated that the quality of the Eredivisie is in no way comparable to the complex and competitive nature of the Premier League.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kas-r For This Useful Post:


  16. #3620
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,291
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 199 Times in 71 Posts
    Rep Power
    2354788
    Quote Originally Posted by Kas-r View Post
    I've played football at a fairly decent level in one of the most innovative and advanced football countries in the world (Netherlands), and have experience as a pundit on various football-related forums such as Reddit. One thing I've noticed is that those living in the United States have exactly zero knowledge of the complex game that football is. You are living in a country that intrinsically lacks advanced infrastructure, which has clearly hampered your ability to understand how things work over here.

    To add to that, you are Iranian, of the fanboy kind. We have one of the most delusional and entitled fans in the world. Whenever one of our players doesn't get selected at his club, or when he lacks transfer options, accusations of political bias are started to pop up on this forum like there is some conspiracy against Iran and its football players. The fact that most of our players are absolutely shit, especially in relation to the quality of play most of us are speaking of, doesn't get through in the heads of our abgooshti analysts over here. The fact that our players demonstrated (Asian Cup) to lack any decent quality and mentality to weekly play at a professional club in Europe is being overlooked due to ethnic bias.

    The Premier League is tough competition. They buy players, especially when they spend a decent amount of money, to have a immediate effect on their squad. Jahanbakhsh has been rated both for his performances during training sessions as well for his sporadic performances in official matches. The fact that our friend has played absolutely horrible in most those sessions, as well as in his role for the national team, has led me to believe that the people at Brighton are in a state of shock for the lack of basic technique he has demonstrated. It isn't only that he has received a short amount of time to cement a starting position, but JB has performed so below par that even his ball control, shootings, offensive quality are seriously lacking.

    It was the same with Vincent Janssen, who came from AZ as well, who similarly demonstrated that the quality of the Eredivisie is in no way comparable to the complex and competitive nature of the Premier League.
    It could be that he really is just a terrible player who is not cut out for the premier league, or it could be that he is struggling with confidence, and with a run of games and some lucky bounces, he could gain his confidence back and make it in the premier league.

    There have been instances where players have come to the prem and simply not made it, and there are cases where players have come, struggled for an entire season, only to find their feet and become a success. Whether you are more qualified to judge which is going to happen with ARJ is irrelevant, the fact is none of us truly know what is going to happen. Maybe if he had more playing time he would be playing good now, or maybe he would still be playing just as crap. Nobody knows, because it hasn't happened yet.

    I choose to support him and believe he has what it takes, and given the time and opportunity he will be able to make it. Does that make me a blind fanboy?! Perhaps. But I'd rather be a blind fanboy, and continue supporting and watching him in hope that he can turn it around, then spend my time trying to convince others that he is crap. Is he not one of us? Would it not be amazing for our TM, and our country, if he could make a name for himself in the EPL?

    I couldn't care less how Brighton fans or anyone on this forum feels about it, but I hope he feels the same way I do and believes in himself.
    ballast parcham bi boro bargard refigh negaran nabash bikhod to aslan

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 8

You do not have permission to view the list of names.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
[Output: 105.15 Kb. compressed to 95.38 Kb. by saving 9.76 Kb. (9.29%)]