Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 361

+ Reply to Thread
Page 361 of 548 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363371411461 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,610 of 5479

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

  1. #3601
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,723
    Thanks
    394
    Thanked 1,932 Times in 923 Posts
    Rep Power
    1496823
    JB needs time that he’s certainly not given for now. Iranian players have not faired well in England. Bagheri, Kaebi, our tough Guy Ando and now JB, Ansarifard and Saied.

    Fair that he hasn’t had enough playing time, but to me it’s obvious that Brighton’s style of play does not suit JB and the other way around. Houghton wants 11players that can defend and attack at the same time , god knows why he bought JB. JB is not consistent with that style of play. He should be given the freedom of pitch to get the best out of him.

    Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

  2. #3602
    PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    5,920
    Thanks
    5,315
    Thanked 6,324 Times in 2,931 Posts
    Rep Power
    3731735
    Plus all these online articles about him and other Players being a flop from the Dutch league are just massive contradictions cos they also talk about the gulf in difference between the Dutch league and England. It’s not like he is the first player who has struggled with that transition, it’s just really weak journalism.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Medzdidz For This Useful Post:


  4. #3603
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    saadat_abad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,315
    Thanks
    1,576
    Thanked 1,352 Times in 749 Posts
    Rep Power
    25176
    Idk how Murray had managed to score 100 goals.. I cringe everytime he touches the ball.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to saadat_abad For This Useful Post:


  6. #3604
    Banned
    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,363
    Thanks
    3,697
    Thanked 2,107 Times in 961 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    i have a feeling that in brighton, there is a lot of party bazi, murray, knockaart, and some others are being played while they don't really bring anything to the table. also obvious on the pitch when JB is playing. CH plays it down but he's actually a terrible manager who is being influenced by players and not the other way around. something CQ can teach CH.

  7. #3605
    High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    898
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 100 Times in 69 Posts
    Rep Power
    808243
    I've never understood the vowed endless support people show JB when I struggle to remember the last time he stood out in a match.

    And the argument that "JB needs more game time" is nothing but bullshit. You don't enter a league such as the EPL only to start learning the ropes. You come to the EPL ready to go. Nothing less. There is not margin for error or room for warming into the league. If you're not ready, you wont get played. No team is going to start you for 10 games just so you can 'blend into the style of EPL'. Its an intense league where they cant afford to have players who don't have the basic skills being part of the starting 11.

    JBs first touches are awful 90% of the time. I don't understand how that has anything to do with the league you play in. That's the stuff you do without thinking. That's the stuff he was expected to have learn during his time in the Dutch league. You cant teach that, even if you start him every single match for the rest of the season, he wont improve on that because he just doesnt have what it takes, simple as that. BHA got ripped off paying such an exuberant amount for him.
    In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said: "Let there be light!" And there was still nothing, but you could see it.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sooskmar For This Useful Post:


  9. #3606
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    kian_khosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,240
    Thanks
    512
    Thanked 1,234 Times in 572 Posts
    Rep Power
    1642241
    Quote Originally Posted by sooskmar View Post
    I've never understood the vowed endless support people show JB when I struggle to remember the last time he stood out in a match.

    And the argument that "JB needs more game time" is nothing but bullshit. You don't enter a league such as the EPL only to start learning the ropes. You come to the EPL ready to go. Nothing less. There is not margin for error or room for warming into the league. If you're not ready, you wont get played. No team is going to start you for 10 games just so you can 'blend into the style of EPL'. Its an intense league where they cant afford to have players who don't have the basic skills being part of the starting 11.

    JBs first touches are awful 90% of the time. I don't understand how that has anything to do with the league you play in. That's the stuff you do without thinking. That's the stuff he was expected to have learn during his time in the Dutch league. You cant teach that, even if you start him every single match for the rest of the season, he wont improve on that because he just doesnt have what it takes, simple as that. BHA got ripped off paying such an exuberant amount for him.
    I agree with what you're saying, but the boy needs more of a chance. If he had gone to Napoli or Leicester when the offer was on the table, this forum would have 200 more pages for sure!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to kian_khosh For This Useful Post:


  11. #3607
    Persepolis Fan
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The 703
    Posts
    17,137
    Thanks
    21,692
    Thanked 10,624 Times in 5,312 Posts
    Rep Power
    42949729
    Quote Originally Posted by The Realist View Post
    JB needs time that he’s certainly not given for now. Iranian players have not faired well in England. Bagheri, Kaebi, our tough Guy Ando and now JB, Ansarifard and Saied.

    Fair that he hasn’t had enough playing time, but to me it’s obvious that Brighton’s style of play does not suit JB and the other way around. Houghton wants 11players that can defend and attack at the same time , god knows why he bought JB. JB is not consistent with that style of play. He should be given the freedom of pitch to get the best out of him.
    The only player who faired well in England was Ashkan but I think that’s because he came straight from the Bundesliga and as a German league champion. Who knows, maybe English clubs/managers are picky with players from Asia and they only allow to put their full trust in those who play Top European football consistently. Which at the same time, and if so, is a dumb ideology seeing how many Greek Football League, Russian Premier League and Eredivisie players transfer to England and actually play consistently.

    Who knows what really is the reason. But I think for Jahanbakhsh the reason is just a nagging injury. He will be fine. But I can’t say the same about Nottingham Forest and what Kaebi, Bagheri, and Ando went through.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to teammelli91 For This Useful Post:


  13. #3608
    Senior Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    babben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Age
    33
    Posts
    142
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 23 Times in 6 Posts
    Rep Power
    332312
    Quote Originally Posted by teammelli91 View Post
    The only player who faired well in England was Ashkan but I think that’s because he came straight from the Bundesliga and as a German league champion. Who knows, maybe English clubs/managers are picky with players from Asia and they only allow to put their full trust in those who play Top European football consistently. Which at the same time, and if so, is a dumb ideology seeing how many Greek Football League, Russian Premier League and Eredivisie players transfer to England and actually play consistently.
    Who knows what really is the reason. But I think for Jahanbakhsh the reason is just a nagging injury. He will be fine. But I can’t say the same about Nottingham Forest and what Kaebi, Bagheri, and Ando went through.
    Even Ashkan didn't too well in his first season. 21 games, 0 goals. It was in his second season that he really picked up his game, and that was actually towards the end of the season if Im not mistaking. Ashkan was even an establish bundesliga player, winner etc..

    I think a lot of you are being to harsh, the poor guy has so far had a tough season, with no consistensy and when he just was buildning momentum he got injured, than asian cup came.

    I feel like many of guys have never played football, its very hard to score/ass with only 15/20 min playing time. Specially when most of the times the team is not even attacking when you are on the field. Some of you act as if he has played 20 games, starting the most of them and missed loads of chances.

    You can see in the last cup games hes been playing when he got to start, he has qualities, even the swedish commentary was saying the last cup game that there is a lot of potential in him and that he sure looks interesting. He just needs a goal and consistent playing time to get him going.

    You also have to remember that his first season in AZ was not that good. JB is one our most professional players of all time. He is here for the long term, the coach also several times expressed faith in him. If he could bag some goals towards the end of the season that would be good. The expectations from supporters and specially in here are too high given the circumstances. I predict next season will be a great one for JB.

  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to babben For This Useful Post:


  15. #3609
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,768
    Thanks
    490
    Thanked 842 Times in 473 Posts
    Rep Power
    11182479
    Quote Originally Posted by saadat_abad View Post
    Idk how Murray had managed to score 100 goals.. I cringe everytime he touches the ball.
    He needs 3 more goal and it will be his best PL Year hahahahah this guy is 35!

  16. #3610
    PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    PSGman#19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    11,119
    Thanks
    1,029
    Thanked 9,609 Times in 4,138 Posts
    Rep Power
    6082280
    Quote Originally Posted by babben View Post
    Even Ashkan didn't too well in his first season. 21 games, 0 goals. It was in his second season that he really picked up his game, and that was actually towards the end of the season if Im not mistaking. Ashkan was even an establish bundesliga player, winner etc..

    I think a lot of you are being to harsh, the poor guy has so far had a tough season, with no consistensy and when he just was buildning momentum he got injured, than asian cup came.

    I feel like many of guys have never played football, its very hard to score/ass with only 15/20 min playing time. Specially when most of the times the team is not even attacking when you are on the field. Some of you act as if he has played 20 games, starting the most of them and missed loads of chances.

    You can see in the last cup games hes been playing when he got to start, he has qualities, even the swedish commentary was saying the last cup game that there is a lot of potential in him and that he sure looks interesting. He just needs a goal and consistent playing time to get him going.

    You also have to remember that his first season in AZ was not that good. JB is one our most professional players of all time. He is here for the long term, the coach also several times expressed faith in him. If he could bag some goals towards the end of the season that would be good. The expectations from supporters and specially in here are too high given the circumstances. I predict next season will be a great one for JB.
    Cup games were mostly against championship side

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to PSGman#19 For This Useful Post:


+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
[Output: 100.83 Kb. compressed to 91.27 Kb. by saving 9.56 Kb. (9.48%)]