Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
    JB will feature on Wednesday in their FA cup March be Derby county - great news!

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.co...-on-06-feb-19/
    Wednesday's match is vs WBA, if they win that, the next round is vs Derby.
    you can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by taha View Post
      Wednesday's match is vs WBA, if they win that, the next round is vs Derby.
      thanks man, corrected!
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Game is live on the BBC in England, if you can make it West Brom are doing 10 pound a ticket for the game. Worth a shot if anyone is close.

Comment

He's played 3 games in a short amount of time during the AC, so he should be very fit. Hoping to see the best of him now.

Comment

Very excited, finally a nice reason to look forward to FA cup/EPL again

Comment

He is absolutely sucks. He is not good. So sad that other talent players in Iran do not get same opportunity as he is getting.

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                The issue isn't that AJB is shit or whatever but rather that he is suited much better to an attacking system. The reason he shined in the Eredivisie was because he played for a top 4 team that played attacking football and, to a lesser extent, the league's relative weakness to the Prem.

I think he would have been a better fit at Leicester City because of their more attacking style compared to BHA. Would he have performed like he did in Holland? I don't think so at all.

No thank you, we don’t want him. (Thankfully so, looking at the statistics, we got the better player for half the price.) Individual skills (e.g. Taking a proper corner kick, not being pocketed by 3rd rate defenders, missing goal scoring opportunities, etc...) are not something to be scapegoated on Brighton/Team Melli, but rather the player himself. A or B team playing defensively are just excuses, and my counter argument to that is Ali Gholizadeh who is an attack minded player who thrived under CQ’s tactics, and was creating chances left, right, and center under conservative tactics!

Comment

I remember how excited you were when you thought he was going to Leicester in the Summer, now half a season later he’s no good for you. To be fair he wouldn’t fit in at Leicester cos you ave too many players like him.
                  But this is silly , so many fickle people on here. He’s had a broken half a season in a new league , get a grip people. So what if he moves back to Holland and smashes it there , he would still have a good career.
                  People saying how rubbish he is , were all saying how amazing he was when at Alkmaar or when he scored in the Asian Cup.
                  Seriously annoys me and makes me not want to talk on here, the amount of rubbish I have to read.
                  Sorry rant over, carry on.

Comment

I'm so happy Brington have a coach like Chris Hugton. The man is class and will get what he needs from AJ.

Be ready for him to bang one in on Wednesday carrying over some of that Asian Cup fire, heard it here first folks!

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

No thank you, we don’t want him. (Thankfully so, looking at the statistics, we got the better player for half the price.) Individual skills (e.g. Taking a proper corner kick, not being pocketed by 3rd rate defenders, missing goal scoring opportunities, etc...) are not something to be scapegoated on Brighton/Team Melli, but rather the player himself. A or B team playing defensively are just excuses, and my counter argument to that is Ali Gholizadeh who is an attack minded player who thrived under CQ’s tactics, and was creating chances left, right, and center under conservative tactics!
                      LOL Alright Hoorad.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

Not a target too daunting: look for 75% passing accuracy, two chances created by a cross and a pass, two shots - one realistic on target, only one unsuccessful touch or losing the ball allowed. Even off form he might have a chance with what may turn out to be two mostly reserve teams. I do not think the standard will be any better than the Eredivisie, judging by the first match which lacked any intensity. +4% possesssion if not taken off. Chance of a goal dependent on what sort of team WBA play.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                          I remember how excited you were when you thought he was going to Leicester in the Summer, now half a season later he’s no good for you. To be fair he wouldn’t fit in at Leicester cos you ave too many players like him.
                          But this is silly , so many fickle people on here. He’s had a broken half a season in a new league , get a grip people. So what if he moves back to Holland and smashes it there , he would still have a good career.
                          People saying how rubbish he is , were all saying how amazing he was when at Alkmaar or when he scored in the Asian Cup.
                          Seriously annoys me and makes me not want to talk on here, the amount of rubbish I have to read.
                          Sorry rant over, carry on.
                          Bebaksheed aghaye mohtaram, but Anthony Knockaert was a Leicester player who was sold because of how terrible he was! Now he is starting over Jahanbakhsh, whether you agree with it or not, is a different story... (Though, both Leicester and Brighton fans can agree that he is a Championship player, at best.)

Me, you, and all Iranians else where believed he was going to take the Premiership by the scruff of the neck, the EPL fans did not however, and how right they were as they have had experiences with past top scorers coming from the Eredivise. I’ll tell you what is a fickle/rubbish, people who make excuses and try to sugar coat things by blaming Brighton, their physio, TM, Carlos Quieroz’s tactics, and anything else they find an excuse for, anything! (This is why Japan beats us 3-0, SMH)

And no, there aren’t many players like him at Leicester... But rather better ones, whom of which are still being benched!!! (Just look at the chart I’ve posted above, I did not put it there for decor!)

Regarding the Asian Cup, I still stand by what I said. If he has trouble against Asian teams (e.g. Iraq, Japan, etc...), what kind of rational person wouldn’t expect him to struggle to adapt to the Premier League?!?! I know it’s a sin to criticize him because he plays in the Premier Leauge, but it’s also not fair when people critique players who have actually done something at this year’s Asian Cup (e.g. Taremi, Azmoun, Torabi).

Comment

There is way too much talk going on before anything has really happened yet. First few weeks were fitness and chemistry building, then 3 starts that were kind of a shell shock but in a way expected based on the league step-up. Then a long injury. Only just starting to see him back. Save the long words for after the season.

Comment

Lol just let people have their opinions. Seems like no one can have civil discourse.
                              JB came from the Eredivisie, a league that isn’t as fast-paced or as physical as the EPL. It’s his first year, if he isn’t doing better by the end of next season he’ll probably go on loan somewhere. If it comes to that, i hope he tries the Serie A or La Liga, would be cool to see him there or the Bundesliga.
                              Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
                              محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
                              - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Guys, I know your hope is near to zero about his performance in brighton and team melli, but be sure that he is a hardworker, next time that he ll get his chance he will prove all the contrary and you will be all praising him and remember how good he was and how good he still is

Comment

Working...
                                X