Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 312

+ Reply to Thread
Page 312 of 548 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362412 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 5479

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 2,906 Posts
    Now the Asian Cup is over he can commit fully to his team. The best thing for him was that the competition gave him match fitness. He needs to build his confidence back up too and get into a rhythm of playing.

He obviously has the skill set to be a top player , needs to prove it again. There’s plenty of good players who just haven’t been able to perform at the same level for their national team.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medzdidz For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 2,906 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
    I've been disappointed in his play recently too but you gotta remember JB is very fluid in different formations...

He really struggles to play in more defensive formations such as Team Melli and Brighton unfortunately. Nonetheless, I really hope he scores and assists some goals for Brighton this year or else imma get depressed.
    People seem to forgot that for a lot of the time under CQ and at Brighton he has been asked to play a more defensive game. He uses up most of his energy tracking back so when the attacks do happen he has to run nearly the full length of the pitch to get in on it. Where’s at AZ he was constantly on the attack in most of their games.

If Brighton doesn’t work out this year then I hope they loan him out to another team, maybe back in Holland where he is comfortable and knows the language. See if Ajax, PSV or Feyenord want him.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Medzdidz For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eliz3p View Post
    think ARJ won't be playing for this match. he shld b back for the next next one against Watford this Sat.
    Brighton & HA
    First XI fixtures: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Under 23
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 2,623 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Farhad21 View Post
    I don’t think Brighton will keep him, he’ll go to a weaker league next season
    The fans are really on him which is typical of impatient epl fans...I suspect he won't have more than 2 years at BHAFC unless he starts contributing offensively on a regular basis. Hughtons style are not favourable for him though.

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Farhad21 View Post
    I don’t think Brighton will keep him, he’ll go to a weaker league next season
    If he doesn't show anything this season, he will face more competition for a starting place as a winger/attacker next season. Schelotto has gone out on loan (to Chievo) and he has shown far more at Brighton last season.

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,221 Times in 2,809 Posts
    Another disappointment, he makes the WhoScored Flops of the year XI: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Score 6.38 (the worst of the midfielders)

Alireza Jahanbakhsh is the latest example of an Eredivisie player who has struggled to adapt to the English game. He has not featured for Brighton since the start of November, partly because of a hamstring injury and partly due to his run to the Asian Cup semi-finals with Iran. Even before that the winger failed to make an impact. He has neither scored nor set up a goal in 10 league appearances for Brighton, having had a direct hand in 33 goals for AZ Alkmaar last season.

He is a really intelligent guy who is hard-on-himself. I hope he doesn't see this because apart from a miracle, I can't see his form improving.

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,526 Times in 5,013 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Medzdidz View Post
    People seem to forgot that for a lot of the time under CQ and at Brighton he has been asked to play a more defensive game. He uses up most of his energy tracking back so when the attacks do happen he has to run nearly the full length of the pitch to get in on it. Where’s at AZ he was constantly on the attack in most of their games.

If Brighton doesn’t work out this year then I hope they loan him out to another team, maybe back in Holland where he is comfortable and knows the language. See if Ajax, PSV or Feyenord want him.
    He should go and get reunited with his former colleague, Weghorst at Wolfsburg, at least there we are promised to at least rack up a couple of goals and assists!

High-Ranked Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    Another disappointment, he makes the WhoScored Flops of the year XI: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Alireza Jahanbakhsh is the latest example of an Eredivisie player who has struggled to adapt to the English game. He has not featured for Brighton since the start of November, partly because of a hamstring injury and partly due to his run to the Asian Cup semi-finals with Iran. Even before that the winger failed to make an impact. He has neither scored nor set up a goal in 10 league appearances for Brighton, having had a direct hand in 33 goals for AZ Alkmaar last season.

He is a really intelligent guy who is hard-on-himself. I hope he doesn't see this because apart from a miracle, I can't see his form improving.
    That kinda doesnt make sense. They are complaining about his absence, but the injury and Asian cup commitment explain that. And as far as being goal-less in 10 games, remember that Mo Salah made only 13 apps and 2 goals in two seasons with Chelsea.

I think "whoscored" is really jumping to conclusions with this one.

High-Ranked Member

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post

6.75 when starting on the right side of midfield, whoscored sub appearances tend to score low.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I expect him to play in the FA Cup replay at WBA.

vs Fulham

Albion (4-3-3): Ryan; Montoya, Duffy, Dunk, Bong; Gross, Stephens, Propper; March, Murray, Locadia. #bhafc
    Subs: Button, Bruno, Kayal, Bissouma, Andone, Knockaert, Burn. #bhafc

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,947 Times in 1,137 Posts
    He’s played a total of 3 games for Brighton I can’t believe they put him on a flopped list, the nerve.

His touch is actually really good if you ask me, he does when when receiving the ball under pressure. Came here looking for something to look forward to but there’s paragraphs of our own fans shitting on him and berating him. Save it.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TM4LIFE For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.