Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 301

+ Reply to Thread
Page 301 of 548 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311351401 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 5479

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Let's revisit our rash judgements on Brighton and Leicester again this week who are separated by a whopping 3 points in the table. Clearly one team is much better, having defeated a top 10 team while the other lost to a relegation battling squad.

Discuss.

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,117 Times in 1,397 Posts
    It would almost be worth quoting some of the crap from the early pages if it wasn't as clear even back then just how idiotic the crap was.

Anyways, hopefully ARJ can come back to a side very much in a comfortable place in the table and give it a good go in the latter half of the season.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Taz For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,306 Times in 595 Posts
    See, when you give players a chance they end up surprising you. In the last 2 games Locadia has 2 starts and 2 goals! I hope he keeps going! Although it might be tough for Alireza to get back into the lineup as Locadia appears to be playing as a winger!

PS: what happened to Knockaert, not even on the bench!!

Persepolis Fan
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 10,660 Times in 5,332 Posts
    Ali might have to leave Brighton in January. No offense to Brighton as they are doing relatively well and a lot better recently. But seeing the last 2 games and Locadia being in form for them, this will be a harder climb back.

I’m for working hard and we all know what a work horse Jahanbakhsh is. He enjoys it too which is rare when it comes to Iranian footballers staying abroad and playing football in Europe. But that being said, he does need playing time and maybe, just maybe, he wasn’t the right fit for Brighton.

Our winger is an attacking minded player. Although that’s not what he showed the world last summer, he can play offense and is one of the only players Carlos allows to let loose and take shots on goal. But we came to Russia to get out of the group and our game plan was to defend and counter attack.

Jahanbakhsh didn’t turn into Jahanbakhsh by just defending and counter attacking. He became Jahanbakhsh and Brighton came knocking because he put his name past top stars like Lozano on the scoresheet.

Unfortunately I’m starting to believe he needs to get out of there. Hopefully what I say is not misinterpreted or misunderstood as I still support wherever he says. I’m just losing a little hope and it could just be because I’m a big fan of him.

Banned
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Locadia hitting all cylinders is great news for Alireza. A line of Alireza Andone Locadia would be fantastic. Lots of energy and movement at the front to pull defenders away and give Alireza time and space to unroll his creativity, and give him some better and more active targets to pass to rather than old man Murray

7. The Following User Says Thank You to teammelli8080 For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Just back from the Everton match: 1-0

1) Intense pressure eventually told against a five man Everton defence marshalled well by Keane and saved by Pickford
    2) Harder game than vs Arsenal 1-1. It felt that way.
    3) For the second season the Everton prima donnas seemed to be inferior "man to man" in technical ability in the middle of the park
    4) Everton had quick players and for the first time we saw why the quicker Montoya and Bernardo were signed against the pacy Bernard and Walcott
    5) Everton gave Brighton a head start by not starting Calvert-Lewin and Sigurdsson.
    6) After dominating the first half, Brighton upped the ante in the second half with relentless pressure just before the goal
    7) Brighton keeping possession in the middle was crucial to dominating two thirds of the game
    8) Brighton played one winger which worked well, but it is not quite so good against a five man defence.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by teammelli91 View Post
    Ali might have to leave Brighton in January. No offense to Brighton as they are doing relatively well and a lot better recently. But seeing the last 2 games and Locadia being in form for them, this will be a harder climb back.
    Jahanbakhsh played in 10 of 11 games for Brighton before his injury, he's going to get his playing time it was just very unfortunate he missed such a crucial part of the season due to injury. The play of Propper, Bernardo, Locadia, and Andone (and at times Bissouma) is encouraging because they're showing the more fluid/crafty type of play that Alireza is used to.

There's no way he leaves in the winter, it's way too soon and would be seen as horribly unprofessional to run away from this challenge. Azmoun has shied away from these challenges while Jahanbakhsh takes them on and so far that's made the difference. If he gives up to take the easy way out, which I think there is 0 chance of happening, I wouldn't have much confidence in his future success.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oreosx11 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,117 Times in 1,397 Posts
    To the likes of March, Knocky or Izi I might be able to see how ARJ might struggle to regain a starting spot but there's no way Jurgen Bloody Locadia is winning a regular starting spot in the premiership, relax, the lad is a painfully mediocre player.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Taz For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    To the likes of March, Knocky or Izi I might be able to see how ARJ might struggle to regain a starting spot but there's no way Jurgen Bloody Locadia is winning a regular starting spot in the premiership, relax, the lad is a painfully mediocre player.
    Brighton attack is still malfunctioning from open play compared to last season. Scored less and made up the deficiency by goals from set plays (41%).
    Florin Andone is the only one I would definitely start. Pascal Groß looks a good bet on his past record. And my third choice would be José Izquierdo because of his pace.

The fourth player will depend on the opposition or circumstances. All the contenders have weaknesses in their play.

Glenn Murray is the only attacker that is good in the air, but Liverpool can do without an aerial attacker so I reckon the aerial threat ought to come from midfield and defence so I reckon Murray can be plan B.

As the midfield are all right-footed and so are Groß, Izquierdo, Locadia, Schelotto, Jahanbakhsh and Andone, so I would favour a left footer, i.e. March or Knockaert (if just for the corners).

So it is still Andone, Groß, Izquierdo, and one other for me. The one other could be Yves Bissouma? If Locadia (jury is still out) could head the ball, I might even include him. The best academy players are all right-footed as well.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. So if any players leave, another is likely as a replacement. Most likely to leave is left back Markus Suttner.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post:

Banned

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oreosx11 View Post
    Jahanbakhsh played in 10 of 11 games for Brighton before his injury, he's going to get his playing time it was just very unfortunate he missed such a crucial part of the season due to injury. The play of Propper, Bernardo, Locadia, and Andone (and at times Bissouma) is encouraging because they're showing the more fluid/crafty type of play that Alireza is used to.

There's no way he leaves in the winter, it's way too soon and would be seen as horribly unprofessional to run away from this challenge. Azmoun has shied away from these challenges while Jahanbakhsh takes them on and so far that's made the difference. If he gives up to take the easy way out, which I think there is 0 chance of happening, I wouldn't have much confidence in his future success.
    100% agree with your comment about the fluidity of play being better for ARJB

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 10

You do not have permission to view the list of names.