Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
    Just use Acestream...
    The point is to put my money towards supporting ARJ/Brighton. Acestream and other online bootleg streaming services don't do that. That's why I said "legally."

Comment

Originally posted by oreosx11 View Post
      For watching games from the states... legally... should I shell out for NBC sports gold, or through Brighton themselves or something else?
      I was also considering NBC Sports Gold, but from my understanding, they don't show every EPL match. Their page guarantees a minimum of four matches per club: https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/nbc-s...ackages-prices

I was hoping for something that showed every EPL match, like we have for NBA, MLB and NFL in the U.S., but unfortunately, I don't think that exists for EPL.

Comment

ARJ on his debut match for BHAFC

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.co...-albion-debut/

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by oreosx11 View Post
          For watching games from the states... legally... should I shell out for NBC sports gold, or through Brighton themselves or something else?
          Seagulls TV will not allow you to watch games live but they do put up roughly 20 minutes of highlights of every match.

It'll also have pre and post match interviews such as the pre-match media briefing a couple of days before a game where a member of staff and a player or two will take questions from the worlds media.

They tend to put up montages or clips from TV shows that you may not have access to otherwise.

In terms of live games though you'd be looking at NBC I think. I think NBC Gold has every game unless it's being covered live on one of their main channels?

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
            Seagulls TV will not allow you to watch games live but they do put up roughly 20 minutes of highlights of every match.

It'll also have pre and post match interviews such as the pre-match media briefing a couple of days before a game where a member of staff and a player or two will take questions from the worlds media.

They tend to put up montages or clips from TV shows that you may not have access to otherwise.

In terms of live games though you'd be looking at NBC I think. I think NBC Gold has every game unless it's being covered live on one of their main channels?
            Hey bro - any idea what Alireza's number is and what will be on the back of his jersey? Kind of need to know as soon as possible - for a bday gift.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
              Hey bro - any idea what Alireza's number is and what will be on the back of his jersey? Kind of need to know as soon as possible - for a bday gift.
              Sorry but until the club confirm it we would be guessing. The best guess is number 8 as he wore that in Tuesday's friendly. Shirt name haven't got a clue.

Comment

Brighton fans, have the resident songwriters got working on the Prince Ali rendition yet?

Prince Ali, fabulous he, Alireza-a
                Jahanbaksh, he is so flash, fills us with glee,
                now try your best to stay calm
                he'll convert you all to Islam
                just come and meet his spectacular sorcery

Strong opening three lines but the last two was a crowbar job. Someone tidy that up cause the potential is there for a banger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEryAoLfnAA

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                  Brighton fans, have the resident songwriters got working on the Prince Ali rendition yet?

Prince Ali, fabulous he, Alireza-a
                  Jahanbaksh, he is so flash, fills us with glee,
                  now try your best to stay calm
                  he'll convert you all to Islam
                  just come and meet his spectacular sorcery

Strong opening three lines but the last two was a crowbar job. Someone tidy that up cause the potential is there for a banger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEryAoLfnAA
                  Until the season starts and people are at a game it is hard to know but I think this is the most likely.

Woooooooooooooah, He's Iranian, Ali is Iranian, He's an Iranian in Whitehawk... (and repeat)

Whitehawk is a suburb in Brighton.

Comment

I'm sold 👌

Comment

Woooooooooooooah, He's Iranian, Ali is Iranian, He's an Iranian in Whitehawk... (and repeat)

Whitehawk is a suburb in Brighton.
                      Seeing Omid just reminded me of his short but scene-stealing cameos in Mamma Mia 2 (especially post credits), anyone seen it?

There aren't enough Abba songs in football chants, so I was thinking (theme of Super Trouper):

"Tonight young Ali-Reza, gliding like a razor
                      Shining like the sun
                      Smiling, having fun
                      Gonna make us number one"

No? OK worth a shot.

Comment

Some people have mentioned learning more about the current squad over the past few weeks so I thought I'd go through it and get you all up to speed. Too big a task to do all it once so I'll start with the goalkeepers.

Matthew Ryan signed for us last summer from Valencia for a then club record fee believed to be £5m. He only made 10 league appearances for Valencia having previously been voted the Belgian Pro League GK of the Year in both 2014 and 2015 whilst at Club Brugge.

Ryan is Australia's first choice goalkeeper and has represented his country at senior level 47 times, including this summers World Cup. He was an ever present last season starting all 38 Premier League games and keeping a very respectable 10 clean sheets (only 6 PL keepers kept more).

He didn't have the best of starts with a handful of errors. He fumbled a simple shot into the goal against Atlético Madrid in our final pre-season friendly and soft goals for Man City and Leicester in the first couple of games raised a few concerns.

In the weeks and months to come he would put those errors behind him and proved his quality. He wrote a fantastic article here if you fancy a little extra reading (there's actually a bunch of contributions from him and I always find it fascinating to get a players perspective on events).
                        He’s become quite a fan favourite as not only has he made some fantastic saves he always spends time with the crowd after the game and is the last player to leave the pitch. He's regularly taking selfies with fans and giving kids his match shirt or gloves after the game.

This is a particularly good video of him making a massively important last minute penalty save at Stoke and a few minutes later when the FT whistle blew a young fan couldn't contain themselves and ran onto the pitch to hug him.

The next video is a general video clip of his saves during the season:

Our second choice goalkeeper is likely to be David Button.

Button has joined this summer for a reported £4m from Fulham and is the most likely candidate to cover Ryan when he departs for the Asian Cup in January. He'll be competing with another new signing, Jason Steele.

Steele has joined on a free transfer from Sunderland.

A goalkeeper you will not see this season is Christian Walton. He won League One with Wigan last season during a loan spell and will be there again this season in the Championship. He's only 22 and looks a real talent who we'll be hoping to see in our first team one day.

Comment

Alireza wore 4 in training. Doesn't mean anything though.

Comment

Brighton vs Nantes tomorrow in international friendly...hoping to see AJ make another appearance

Comment

Some people have mentioned learning more about the current squad over the past few weeks so I thought I'd go through it and get you all up to speed. Too big a task to do all it once so I'll start with the goalkeepers.

Matthew Ryan signed for us last summer from Valencia for a then club record fee believed to be £5m. He only made 10 league appearances for Valencia having previously been voted the Belgian Pro League GK of the Year in both 2014 and 2015 whilst at Club Brugge.
                              Ryan is Australia's first choice goalkeeper and has represented his country at senior level 47 times, including this summers World Cup. He was an ever present last season starting all 38 Premier League games and keeping a very respectable 10 clean sheets (only 6 PL keepers kept more).
                              He didn't have the best of starts with a handful of errors. He fumbled a simple shot into the goal against Atlético Madrid in our final pre-season friendly and soft goals for Man City and Leicester in the first couple of games raised a few concerns.
                              In the weeks and months to come he would put those errors behind him and proved his quality. He wrote a fantastic article here if you fancy a little extra reading (there's actually a bunch of contributions from him and I always find it fascinating to get a players perspective on events).
                              He’s become quite a fan favourite as not only has he made some fantastic saves he always spends time with the crowd after the game and is the last player to leave the pitch. He's regularly taking selfies with fans and giving kids his match shirt or gloves after the game.
                              This is a particularly good video of him making a massively important last minute penalty save at Stoke and a few minutes later when the FT whistle blew a young fan couldn't contain themselves and ran onto the pitch to hug him.

The next video is a general video clip of his saves during the season:

Our second choice goalkeeper is likely to be David Button.

Button has joined this summer for a reported £4m from Fulham and is the most likely candidate to cover Ryan when he departs for the Asian Cup in January. He'll be competing with another new signing, Jason Steele.

Steele has joined on a free transfer from Sunderland.
                              A goalkeeper you will not see this season is Christian Walton. He won League One with Wigan last season during a loan spell and will be there again this season in the Championship. He's only 22 and looks a real talent who we'll be hoping to see in our first team one day.
                              Thank you Seagull. Ryan is a solid keeper. I don't have fond memories of Australians in general, racist behavior of a housemate in college, racist behavior of their fans toward our Team Melli during both 1974 WCQ and 1998 WCQ when our TM played in Australia and last but not least the highly suspect red card against our LB Pouladi in Asian Cup 2015 by the Australian ref in Australia that caused us to play heroically against Iraq with ten men for 85 minutes (including extra time) but fall short in penalties (after loosing our initial 1-0 lead and coming back twice from behind), have been enough reasons for me to be forced to put in an extra effort to acknowledge Australians' humanity Yet Ryan embracing the little guy and giving him his jersey was true class.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                                Yet Ryan embracing the little guy and giving him his jersey was true class.
                                Yeah... Hard not tot like the guy after that.
                                "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Working...
                                X