Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 290

+ Reply to Thread
Page 290 of 548 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292300340390 ... LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 5479

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,284 Times in 7,905 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BacheLot View Post
    lost 0-1
    definitely deserved a draw
    lots of close chances off set-pieces to equalize and it wasnt to be

March played a very solid all around game (in the 2nd half that i saw) ...! had a couple of good efforts from top of the box which went inches wide... and served in some great crosses and as usual hustled and seemed involved all over the pitch.

knockaerd didnt look all too reassuring in possession and rightfully subbed out ...!
    i think a healthy ARJ looks a definite upgrade over Knockaerd and Izzquirdo ...!
    I like to see Alireza start or brought on next game as a Left Winger ..! that young LB, Bernardo was brilliant once agin this match, so ARJ wouldnt have to track back as much to help him defensively and the kid has a stamina and energy to combine well with him going forward..!
    brightons performances have gone up a lot with the inclusion of the new signings, bernardo, andone, balogun has been decent, montoya, bissouma improving. Yes, there is always a period where new signings need to be eased in, but many of us knew these guys were higher quality to the mediocre players brighton had. In retrospect i think CH was too conservative in bedding them in, could have gotten more pts if he had done so sooner. But nevertheless, they are still in an excellent position. Once ARJ clicks they will have an attacking player of real pedigree to go along with gross. And now the forward line is looking much better with andone a real good option. Lets hope he gets into form in the next few matches, I have a feeling he will after this break which allowed him to rest his mind and body.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inarsenewetrust For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 582 Posts
    Now I understand why CH doesn't seem to have total confidence in Kockeart... what a poor performance by him today! He's either there or completely absent! On a positive note, it was a great game by March, I still think Kayal should play instead of Bissouma!

Side note: I think Locadia can do decent if he gets the chance to start and play a full match! He needs to be given the chance!

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    I think it all went to plan, except for the bit about losing 0-1. James Tarkowski was the difference.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

There has been no improvement in open play this season for Brighton from last. Worse if anything. Set pieces have improved both in defence and attack from a very low baseline. Ryan has improved in goal. Blowing a bit luke warm and cold just like last season as well. Opposition has been about the same as well.

In short, this match was more like last season in which we were slightly better on the ball.

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Davy Propper, signed from PSV Eindhoven at the start of last season, said: "It's still the same as the first few matches I came here.

"It's a difficult transition, a lot more physical and quicker.

"You had time to control the ball (in Holland) and here you get smashed!

"That's the big difference. I am used to it now, maybe not to getting smashed, but thinking quicker and acting quicker."

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,267 Times in 2,006 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Tarkowski was the difference.
    Do you agree with Dr K that Tarkovski's Solaris was matched by the Soderbergh remake?

Banned
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 502 Posts
    Davy Propper, signed from PSV Eindhoven at the start of last season, said: "It's still the same as the first few matches I came here.

"It's a difficult transition, a lot more physical and quicker.

"You had time to control the ball (in Holland) and here you get smashed!

"That's the big difference. I am used to it now, maybe not to getting smashed, but thinking quicker and acting quicker."

One main thing is that Alireza has yet to transform. He needs a few more months, which means until the end of the season to show growth. Hopefully he can transition with a full off-season of workouts and be fully prepared next season for the physicality.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to pdot For This Useful Post:

Persepolis Fan
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 10,144 Times in 5,094 Posts
    Its a more physical transition for sure for a technically gifted player like Alireza, but he will adjust more and his progression as a player will be evident when he plays for Iran. It is not a secret that Brighton aren’t a Top club in the Premier League. But they are not an easy opponent and fighting against the Top 5 clubs of that league proved to be beneficial for any player from any country.

I’m wishing him a speedy recovery and hope he can make the Chelsea match as his coach has stated.
    Iran - 2018 FIFA World Cup (Trailer):

11. The Following User Says Thank You to teammelli91 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian

Thanks

He'll be back in contention for the chelsea game

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

High-Ranked Member

Thanks
    The average Albion fan spend £32 per matchday at the Amex
    Speaking of the price of Bovril, the Albion’s matchday income last season came in at £18.5m which worked out around £32 per fan per home game. That represents a 25% increase from the Championship promotion season despite there being four less home games. This is due to an increase in ticket prices and around 3,000 being added to the average attendance. In terms of the Premier League as a whole, that puts the club in the top 10 for match day income, ahead of established top flight teams such as Everton and the 2016 champions, Leicester City. Keep buying those pints, people. (dubious claims esp cf Everton?)

NB: These figures wll probably put Brighton & Hove Albion in the top 40 clubs in the world for turnover w/o selling any players.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 582 Posts
    The average Albion fan spend £32 per matchday at the Amex
    Speaking of the price of Bovril, the Albion’s matchday income last season came in at £18.5m which worked out around £32 per fan per home game. That represents a 25% increase from the Championship promotion season despite there being four less home games. This is due to an increase in ticket prices and around 3,000 being added to the average attendance. In terms of the Premier League as a whole, that puts the club in the top 10 for match day income, ahead of established top flight teams such as Everton and the 2016 champions, Leicester City. Keep buying those pints, people. (dubious claims esp cf Everton?)

NB: These figures wll probably put Brighton & Hove Albion in the top 40 clubs in the world for turnover w/o selling any players.
    Good to hear that on a business level they are doing a good job!

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.