Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 289

+ Reply to Thread
Page 289 of 548 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291299339389 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 5479

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Farbod View Post
    No, I don't think Jahanbakhsh has played poorly. But I think he went to the wrong team. Brighton will never be a team that will showcase or get the most from a player like Jahanbakhsh. Way too conservative and defensive minded for a player like Jahanbakhsh that needs a wide open offensive system to give him the space he needs to be successful.
    Simple as that! ARJ hardly ever performs well in TM precisely because of the same reason. He went to the wrong team.
    This Color
    Italy, EsEs, Chelsea, Lakers

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,738 Times in 4,259 Posts
    No, I don't think Jahanbakhsh has played poorly. But I think he went to the wrong team. Brighton will never be a team that will showcase or get the most from a player like Jahanbakhsh. Way too conservative and defensive minded for a player like Jahanbakhsh that needs a wide open offensive system to give him the space he needs to be successful.
    You also need to consider two factors:
    1) The gap between Dutch and EPL
    2) He will never get the same space in EPL, doesn't matter the team, unless you play for a top 4-5 clubs, which is unlikely to happen in his case.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iran_19 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 586 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iran_19 View Post
    You also need to consider two factors:
    1) The gap between Dutch and EPL
    2) He will never get the same space in EPL, doesn't matter the team, unless you play for a top 4-5 clubs, which is unlikely to happen in his case.
    Eh. I think this is blown out of proportion. I really don't think the issue is that he needs to get used to the EPL. It's a style issue. Happens when he plays for TM when in in that tactic as well, even against teams like Syria. He thrives in an offensive and aggressive system. His skill set suffers greatly when he's asked to track back and stay close to wingbacks as a defender.
    "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to The Farbod For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Eh. I think this is blown out of proportion. I really don't think the issue is that he needs to get used to the EPL. It's a style issue. Happens when he plays for TM when in in that tactic as well, even against teams like Syria. He thrives in an offensive and aggressive system. His skill set suffers greatly when he's asked to track back and stay close to wingbacks as a defender.
    Styles of EPL clubs simplified: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I don't think it is really as simple as explained. e.g. Brighton and Team Melli and Newcastle will both try to be better on the ball in a possession-style play if circumstances and opposition dictate. Possession style football requires not losing the ball under challenge, something Brighton have not performed as well this season, after being one of the better clubs last season.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,958 Times in 5,214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Equalizer View Post
    Simple as that! ARJ hardly ever performs well in TM precisely because of the same reason. He went to the wrong team.
    Well, then what team should he have gone to? A different leauge?

Jahanbakhsh does put in defensive work, I can't remeber who it was on here that said the opposite, but that's not true. He can play defensively and track back, more significantly at AC 2015.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Leicester City For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Leicester City View Post
    Well, then what team should he have gone to? A different leauge?

Jahanbakhsh does put in defensive work, I can't remeber who it was on here that said the opposite, but that's not true. He can play defensively and track back, more significantly at AC 2015.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Very much a clash of styles influences results in the EPL. Brighton choose to play their way out of the press (esp. vs. Liverpool, Watford, Huddersfield, Man City). This requires technique and fitness in confined spaces esp by the full backs and wingers. Players signed from the Dutch League have to learn how to do it w/o mistakes.

It is no coincidence that the established players are better at it. Also, the respective styles of Man United, Fulham, Southampton, Palace are easier to look good against and to retain possession playing the ball out of defence. Because they do not press with such high intensity and sometimes hardly at all.

Pressing is not very good played by teams that do not do it properly as it leaves them open to long pass counter attacks.

I've been a bit disappointed this season with Brighton's possession football and selective pressing.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,949 Times in 8,035 Posts
    BHA down 0-1 @ HT vs Burnley

one of those somewhat winnable games they need to take at least a point from to keep the positive momentum going forward.

Murray on the bench for this one in favor of Andone, but doubtful for long into second half if score remains same. Chris should play both and drop one back a little, at least till they get back on level terms..!

any good links ? please share..!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BacheLot For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Had ARJ been available, surely woulda been brought on today in 2nd half ..!
    63’ double change for BHA
    Murray & Locadia brought on for Andone & knockeard
    I woulda kept Andone & just subbed Murray to combine with him

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BacheLot For This Useful Post:

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    I think March has had some good efforts in this game, good to see!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happydoggo For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    lost 0-1
    definitely deserved a draw
    lots of close chances off set-pieces to equalize and it wasnt to be

March played a very solid all around game (in the 2nd half that i saw) ...! had a couple of good efforts from top of the box which went inches wide... and served in some great crosses and as usual hustled and seemed involved all over the pitch.

knockaerd didnt look all too reassuring in possession and rightfully subbed out ...!
    i think a healthy ARJ looks a definite upgrade over Knockaerd and Izzquirdo ...!
    I like to see Alireza start or brought on next game as a Left Winger ..! that young LB, Bernardo was brilliant once agin this match, so ARJ wouldnt have to track back as much to help him defensively and the kid has a stamina and energy to combine well with him going forward..!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BacheLot For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 10

You do not have permission to view the list of names.