Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 275

+ Reply to Thread
Page 275 of 548 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285325375 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 5479

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

PFDC Sponsor

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 3,545 Times in 1,115 Posts
    It is all JB's fault to begin with. There was lots of interest elsewhere, especially with Leicester City really interested in him.

If neither of those were the appropriate move, he should've stayed at AZ.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CHaMiLLionaire For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,528 Times in 4,546 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post
    It is all JB's fault to begin with. There was lots of interest elsewhere, especially with Leicester City really interested in him.
    If neither of those were the appropriate move, he should've stayed at AZ.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

It’s more Hashemi fault than AJs, Hashemi more than CQ because CQ recommended Brighton because of the similar tactics, but at the end of the day it was AJs choice and we can’t turn back the wheel of time.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Though with that said I don’t think AJ did any research on either of these teams to see which best fits his style, as he is the one that will be playing for these teams not the people who advise him.

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    I've not dissed Alireza Jahanbakhsh at all. Just not seen any signs of anything special.

I'm not a great fan of Knockaert as I think he is slow and one footed, but he has contributed more this season so far. Solly March is limited and one footed as well but he also contributed more.

I've seen Alireza Jahanbakhsh up close and I did not think he was hiding (as someone suggested), but it seemed to me he wanted more time than the opposition allowed. This is because pressing is becoming more fashionable this season and makes more a very disruptive game requiring quick control of the ball under challenges. I don't think that Locadia has been as technically proficient at controlling the ball either.

Wolves were particularly good at blocking space in which Alireza Jahanbakhsh likes to run into. He didn't seem to be quick enough to find space or recetving the ball under challenges as he was muscled off the ball against Everton.

Davy Pröpper has had the same trouble with opponents closing him down this season. Bissouma and Montoya have cost Brighton goals this season by being caught in possession.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oreosx11 View Post
    This to me is the equivalent of calling Azmoun the "Iranian Messi." Unnecessary, unfounded inflation of expectations for a player. ARJ isn't some world class player... With how much this forum bashes his team melli performances I would have thought we all agreed on that. He's a solid team contributor with a high football IQ so he fed off the horrible defenses in the Dutch league, because he's smart. ARJ is not a Ferrari just as Azmoun is not Messi. ARJ is some midtier model of your choosing on a lower midtier team.
    I also have no clue who you're attacking or if you made up opponents in your head. None of the BHA fans have said this team sucks because of ARJ, just that he's been mediocre and not contributed for the team... Which is true. It's only been the Iranians here that are really bashing him.
    Really don't have time for you, but here it goes.

You take two quotes and run with it. ARJ compared to those on his team is a Ferrari or to make you happier a BMW among a field of Yugos. You can freaking put Messi on this team and he will suck. ARJ on a balanced team would be an outstanding player. On TM as in BHA he does what the coach asks him to do, on the former because CQ plays tournament type football at all time (stay compact, defend, make no mistake and counter to score 1) and in the case of BHA the tactics are dictated by the fact that the team is lacking across the back and in the middle. And don't bring Azmoun into it those who bring up Iranian Messi are stupider than those who came up with the comparison.

As for you having no clue, I agree. Read this thread from the beginning and see who I am addressing.

Goodnight Gracie

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zahedika For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,316 Times in 741 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    I've not dissed Alireza Jahanbakhsh at all. Just not seen any signs of anything special.

I'm not a great fan of Knockaert as I think he is slow and one footed, but he has contributed more this season so far. Solly March is limited and one footed as well but he also contributed more.

I've seen Alireza Jahanbakhsh up close and I did not think he was hiding (as someone suggested), but it seemed to me he wanted more time than the opposition allowed. This is because pressing is becoming more fashionable this season and makes more a very disruptive game requiring quick control of the ball under challenges. I don't think that Locadia has been as technically proficient at controlling the ball either.

Wolves were particularly good at blocking space in which Alireza Jahanbakhsh likes to run into. He didn't seem to quick enough to find space or receving the ball under challenges as he was muscled off the ball against Everton.

Davy Pröpper has had the same trouble with opponents closing him down this season. Bissouma and Montoya have cost Brighton goals this season by being caught in possession.
    Well how can he show himself when none of his teamates pass him the ball? they pass to Knockky and Iz just for them to get the ball taken away in seconds but not AJB. you havent seen anything special yet because none of the players have that trust in him to play him a simple ball or a run for a simple 1-2.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zahedika View Post
    Really don't have time for you, but here it goes.
    Of course they have no midfield... Two of their starters have been injured well over a month. We just disagree on the quality of ARJ relative to his teammates (I think I'm rating his teammates better than you, not ARJ less). Time will tell who's right and we'll see how things stand come May.

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 5,871 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Stop being so negative people 😀 give the guy a break, he has only been in the Premier League for a few months and he tries his best every game. Well done to you Alireza for what you have achieved in your career at such a young age. If it doesn’t work out at Brighton so what, there will be plenty of other opportunities for him.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Medzdidz For This Useful Post:

Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Medzdidz View Post
    Stop being so negative people 😀 give the guy a break, he has only been in the Premier League for a few months and he tries his best every game. Well done to you Alireza for what you have achieved in your career at such a young age. If it doesn’t work out at Brighton so what, there will be plenty of other opportunities for him.
    I agree. I don't understand the overanalysis of AJ's every little move on the field. His talent and skills are unquestionable. Give him at least 1 season to adapt.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Prowess For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,099 Times in 8,879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post

Wolves were particularly good at blocking space in which Alireza Jahanbakhsh likes to run into. He didn't seem to be quick enough to find space or recetving the ball under challenges as he was muscled off the ball against Everton.

you are dissing him pretty big time when you say the starters moving forward are Izquierdo, andone, groß, "and the right winger".

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inarsenewetrust For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    you are dissing him pretty big time when you say the starters moving forward are Izquierdo, andone, groß, "and the right winger".
    He's just being honest... ARJ hasn't shown anything to Brighton fans to make them think he's head and shoulders above knockaert so there is still competition for that position. Luckily Hughton has watched more of his career than the past two months so he knows ARJ is better, but it's going to take time until the fans know that he's consistently the better option

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oreosx11 For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 8

You do not have permission to view the list of names.