Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
    His team sucks from what I've seen and heard but let's be honest there's only so much further you can go with hard work and dedication which I think has been the case for AJ.

I've never considered him as one of the naturally talented guys, at best he's mediocre. He got lucky and took his chances.
    He is a guy who made good career decisions until the BHAFc move. It's what we want from Taremi, Azmoun, and the rest...but I agree with you, he has largely been a low average to average TM player who has shown he can have flashes of brilliance but far from anything consistent.

Unfortunately with the BHAFC move he went to a team hoping he can be the next Vardy or Salah but he is not a player a manager should pin all their hopes on...he can't carry a team and BHAFC just lacks quality for him to be an effective supporting player. This last move I fear may set his career back if things don't improve soon.

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
      He started and played just under 70 min. Was largely a ghost today. Had 1 or 2 nice linkups and a few poor ones

thank u azizam

Comment

He should've gone to the Bundesliga or the Serie A, his former teammate Weghorst is doing great at Wolfsburg.

Comment

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
          He should've gone to the Bundesliga or the Serie A, his former teammate Weghorst is doing great at Wolfsburg.
          And Rashica also for Bremen

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
            ARJ did not do enough to warrant inclusion in the Albion side, on that performance and recent games falling below Locadia, Andone, Knockaert, March, Bissouma, all of whom should start ahead of him on match day merit.

ARJ failed to grab his opportunity against a deep defence, when the match was always going to be decided by a flash of skill, error forced by persistence or the rub of the green. Courage.

Addenda: https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/175...layer-ratings/
            All of those guys did start ahead of him but the team kept on losing. So go-ahead start them and get relegated. Good luck to you guys in the championship league.
            "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
              All of those guys did start ahead of him but the team kept on losing. So go-ahead start them and get relegated. Good luck to you guys in the championship league.
              There is no logic in saying Brighton wins with him and loses when he is not there, as if he adds a magical touch or force. He is just an average player. Ratings don't lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                Why are you giving him an attitude??? He is just a fan!

Comment

I think you guys are being too harsh on ARJ. He needs at least 1 season to get himself comfortable in EPL. He came from the dutch league---but you guys act like he came from La Liga. There is a reason why CQ has always thought so highly of him, and never benched him. Go back and listen to his specific praises---coming from a high caliber coach.

Point is: his skills & abilities are there. He needs more time. If not, he will definitely flourish somewhere else.

PS: Just because a player performs better than another on a team, doesn't necessarily mean he's better individually. It can mean he's just a better fit in the system of play of the team. So to merely judge ARJ on his EPL performances, can be very superficial indeed.

Comment

The semi final will be shown live on the BBC.

Comment

Originally posted by Firooz View Post
                      There is no logic in saying Brighton wins with him and loses when he is not there, as if he adds a magical touch or force. He is just an average player. Ratings don't lie.
                      Maybe he adds a magical touch in respecting his defensive duties?!?!

Comment

Chris Hughton has done an amazing job at Brighton to get them to where they are now. This was a club who were in deep trouble not so long ago so fair to play to all those involved at the club for that.
                        I love Brighton as a city too, it was where me and my wife had our first weekend away together so holds a special place for me. Plus the in laws do the Mod scooter run there every Summer so it’s a tradition to go for my wife’s family.
                        Saying that I have seen no consistency at all in the Brighton games I have seen. Every player has had periods of poor play and made bad mistakes, there seems to be little understanding between most of the team. Maybe because there is a constant change in midfield , wingers and wing backs and maybe due to injuries. Losing their play maker for a lot of the season hasn’t helped either.
                        Dan Ashworth coming in soon will be big for Brighton , he is well respected in the game and I expect there will be an overhaul in the players. The jury is still out on ARJ time at Brighton , I think if he doesn’t start well next season that they will probably look at getting back most of what they payed for him. Next season there will be no Asian Cup, he is used to the surroundings and the league. There will be no excuses, his performances have improved lately so hopefully this shows he is on the right trajectory.
                        The Millwall game was an odd one, a very unique ground to play at with crazy weather and also he seems to have no chemistry at all with Murray.

Comment

ARJ has the best winning percentage in this clubs history. Fact!
                          "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Statistics are not magic/force, it's simple math. BHA does better (ie wins) more often when ARJ starts than not. The more this happens, the less likely this is simply by chance (ie a coin toss). I'm not sure how many more times I have to say this on this thread, but some of you may need a simple course on statistical analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                              He started and played just under 70 min. Was largely a ghost today. Had 1 or 2 nice linkups and a few poor ones

i couldnt find the Full Game replay anywhere online..!! looks like it was a doozy of a match i missed..!

Your assessment of his performance sounds just about right, judging from this surprisingly LONG (20some minutes ) ....!! "Extended Highlights" ..! especially so considering its from the official source..!! Great Job FA...!

it looks to me like he simply wasnt quiet ready for such a contentious dog-fight of a match against a highly motivated opponent in rough atmosphere with shitty playing conditions to boot..!! ffs, i think i saw gusty freezing rain and freaking Hail..? coming down during some portions of it..!! lmao..!!
                              this is partially what i mean when i say Playing English Football, is certainly is the Most Challenging overall footballing environment that any player could ever face ..! if you can star and make it there, you can then make it anywhere ..!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                                i couldnt find the Full Game replay anywhere online..!! looks like it was a doozy of a match i missed..!

Your assessment of his performance sounds just about right, judging from this surprisingly LONG (20some minutes ) ....!! "Extended Highlights" ..! especially so considering its from the official source..!! Great Job FA...!

it looks to me like he simply wasnt quiet ready for such a contentious dog-fight of a match against a highly motivated opponent in rough atmosphere with shitty playing conditions to boot..!! ffs, i think i saw gusty freezing rain and freaking Hail..? coming down during some portions of it..!! lmao..!!
                                this is partially what i mean when i say Playing English Football, is certainly is the Most Challenging overall footballing environment that any player could ever face ..! if you can star and make it there, you can then make it anywhere ..!
                                Tense match watching live, but I could not repeat watching it, because the football quality wasn't so good. Millwall burned themselves out and any fresh legs would do. Significant was that Solly March wanted to get around on the outside on his weaker foot (CH could have switched winger positions at HT) and Locadia looked promising with his shooting.

I do not expect any more than two summer signings for Brighton for the first team squad.

Comment

Working...
                                X