Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 270

+ Reply to Thread
Page 270 of 548 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320370 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 5479

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,101 Times in 4,803 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
    I can't believe some of the utter nonsense I'm reading this morning.
    If it makes you feel any better I will personally accept that Jahanbakhsh has been Brighton’s worst player in that match. (Even though I oscassionaly joke around about Brighton, as I do with all Premier League Clubs) I understand your frustration, especially when you pay 20m+ on him and you don’t see him really impact the game. I’m sorry for the ridiculous comments such as the one that bring politics into it, some people will go out their way and try to connect 2 unrelated things to each other to fit their agenda. Imo Jahanbakhsh is not suited for any team in the Premier League at all, that’s the harsh reality unfortunately. And it isn’t fair to have Knockaert or March benched as both are good players, and have done more than Jahanbakhsh has done this season. Even as an Iranian football fan it’s frustrating seeing Jahanbakhsh not take a corner properly and cause a goal or not able to string a pass correctly and INDIRECTLY cause the 3rd goal. If he does such mistakes with club it terrifies me if he replicates the same for Iran.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Leicester City For This Useful Post:

General Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Leicester City View Post
    If it makes you feel any better I will personally accept that Jahanbakhsh has been Brighton’s worst player in that match. (Even though I oscassionaly joke around about Brighton, as I do with all Premier League Clubs) I understand your frustration, especially when you pay 20m+ on him and you don’t see him really impact the game. I’m sorry for the ridiculous comments such as the one that bring politics into it, some people will go out their way and try to connect 2 unrelated things to each other to fit their agenda. Imo Jahanbakhsh is not suited for any team in the Premier League at all, that’s the harsh reality unfortunately. And it isn’t fair to have Knockaert or March benched as both are good players, and have done more than Jahanbakhsh has done this season. Even as an Iranian football fan it’s frustrating seeing Jahanbakhsh not take a corner properly and cause a goal or not able to string a pass correctly and INDIRECTLY cause the 3rd goal. If he does such mistakes with club it terrifies me if he replicates the same for Iran.
    I'm not really bothered about his performance. Don't get me wrong, I want him and the team to play well, but I always expected us to lose at Everton. I've been consistent in what I've said on here from the moment we signed him, patience. I have seen it so many times. It takes time to adapt to new team mates, new tactics, new match officials and a new country. I never expected him to come straight into the team and be our star player. He's shown he has a good attitude and professionalism, which doesn't come as a surprise, we wouldn't spend that money without assessing his character. Given time he will adapt to his new environment and hopefully become the player we all want him to be.
    What annoys me is utter nonsense such as saying it's due to politics, or we can't criticise English players etc.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Seagull For This Useful Post:

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    What annoys me is utter nonsense such as saying it's due to politics, or we can't criticise English players etc.
    Welcome to PFDC, it's what we do!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oreosx11 For This Useful Post:

General Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    FWIW Hughton comments on Jahabakhsh:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Seagull For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,935 Times in 1,135 Posts

Sounds reassuring coming from Hughton, I trust his word given the fact that he has worked very closely with him in training and scouted him for years

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks

Hopefully he comes back stronger, maybe he needs some more time not playing actively. Sometimes you learn more during the breaks than during the actual grind if that makes sense.

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by happydoggo View Post
    Hopefully he comes back stronger, maybe he needs some more time not playing actively. Sometimes you learn more during the breaks than during the actual grind if that makes sense.
    Albion players seem to think that Everton were the second best team we have played this season, apart from Man City. Everton exploited more mistakes though than Liverpool. It does seem that we caught Everton on a good day, and a lesser attack would not have scored the important first goal.

Banned
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 502 Posts
    With Alireza we knew he would need some adjustment time. He came from a club in Holland (AZ Alkmaar) where he played a different type of role. They played mainly 4-3-3 and he played wide on the right, where he is playing for us but in a different formation.
    I'm not as optimistic as some of you in terms of his success in the future. Not only does he have to change positions, he is facing players that are better than him and he also has to think about defensive duties now.

It's unfortunate that our biggest signing in the last ten years will most likely be a failure and it's not because of a lack of effort.

High-Ranked Member

Thanks
    Come to think of it he is not even a starter in Iran national team as CQ mainly has used him as a substitute. Hopefully he can prove us wrong for the benefit of both the National team and his club.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,784 Times in 2,487 Posts
    ARj won't travel with the team and BHAFC fans are tearing him up on social media.

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

15. The Following User Says Thank You to O-ZoNe For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 8

You do not have permission to view the list of names.