Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 266

+ Reply to Thread
Page 266 of 548 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316366 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 5479

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,525 Times in 5,012 Posts
    I just rewatched the highlights of yesterday’s match, Jahanbakhsh was completely at fault for the 1st goal by igniting Everton’s counterattack by not being able to take a simple corner kick. In my personal opinion, he was more at fault for the 3rd goal as well by not being able to string a simple pass that even a baby could do. He is awful, and I’m starting to see the reason why English clubs are backing from buying players from the Eredivise. All Brighton fans gave him a low rating on their forum in their player ratings section, and I’m starting to see why JB choose Brighton to steal a weekly salary. Brighton saved us once again, Leicester dodged a bullet not signing JB.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    And the local paper there gave him an average rating, giving izqueirdo the lowest rating and rightly pointing out his defensive flaws (that none of the fans on NSC mentioned).

Before the season started, many of us here were saying we weren't expecting ARJ to be hitting his stride until the second half of the season. Now well before the second half and so quick to want to roast him. Brighton bought him for 20 million, that part is over. If we want to say now whether he was worth that doesn't mean much. If we want to rate him against his teammates to say whether he deserves to start is a different question. Personally I think he has the most complete game (offense and defense) out of all the wingers, so when healthy I think he should still be starting. Houghton will keep giving him chances wether he starts or not and he will show why he's there by the end of February/mid March, since Asian cup will get in the way of things.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oreosx11 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    Thanks

arash00007 "Murray doesn’t like jahanbakhsh. Never passes him the ball, when it’s obvious he should. Not sure if this is a sign of racism!"

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,306 Times in 595 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leicester City View Post
    arash00007 "Murray doesn’t like jahanbakhsh. Never passes him the ball, when it’s obvious he should. Not sure if this is a sign of racism!"
    oh gosh
    lol some people need to think before they write!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to scuderia For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    I just rewatched the highlights of yesterday’s match, Jahanbakhsh was completely at fault for the 1st goal by igniting Everton’s counterattack by not being able to take a simple corner kick. In my personal opinion, he was more at fault for the 3rd goal as well by not being able to string a simple pass that even a baby could do. He is awful, and I’m starting to see the reason why English clubs are backing from buying players from the Eredivise. All Brighton fans gave him a low rating on their forum in their player ratings section, and I’m starting to see why JB choose Brighton to steal a weekly salary. Brighton saved us once again, Leicester dodged a bullet not signing JB.

Wow, the reactions on the Brighton forum are so harsh.

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,323 Times in 3,011 Posts

LMAO "Brighton saved us once again, Leicester dodged a bullet not signing JB."

Bro you're acting like you aren't a Team Melli fan before a Leicester fan. Come on bro...

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Iranianarsenal11 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
    LMAO "Brighton saved us once again, Leicester dodged a bullet not signing JB."

Bro you're acting like you aren't a Team Melli fan before a Leicester fan. Come on bro...
    That quote was inside joke with Brighton fans: saved us by giving us Ulloa

But you have got to admit JB was embarrassing yesterday, he cost Brighton 2 goals and we are yet to see him have any REAL impact on a EPL match...

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oreosx11 View Post
    Richarlison and co did not do any more pressing than average. Dunk was clearly not under much pressure when he passed to it richarlison and you'll be able to see that on replays. The defenders would choose to pass it up to March or AJ when they were marked by two everton players and they would over power their passes. We're talking about poor first touches here and ignoring that these heavily weighted pass (or izquerdo's dart at AJ's waist) are not part of the equation. AJ isn't some world class player, no one on Brighton is. Only world class players could have collected those passes half the time. The defence repeatedly passed it right back to everton midfielders. Even if you want to say they were troubled by the high press, fine, but they could have put a little air on their clearances. Izqueirdo left Coleman alone for an open rip outside the box, some blame also needs to be placed there. He was marking Coleman, then let him run free without chasing.
    I did not actually mention the press by Everton. I expect from recent performances it was just poor passing by Brighton. Not comfortable on the ball.

I expect it was the moving into positions to receive the ball that Sigurdsson and Richarlison excelled and Brighton didn't have the same quality. Plus some slapdash play from Brighton. Passing hasn't been good all season. Signs were there before in all games this season.

Tha last minute shot by ARJ was the second* bit of promise I've seen from him. Izquierdo would be capable of it but Solly March and Knockaert would struggle with the technique on a regular basis. (*The first bit was a free kick at the beginning of the Wolves game but both March and Knockaert could have matched that.)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,566 Times in 10,157 Posts
    That quote was inside joke with Brighton fans: saved us by giving us Ulloa

But you have got to admit JB was embarrassing yesterday, he cost Brighton 2 goals and we are yet to see him have any REAL impact on a EPL match...
    He wasn't responsible for a single goal. It's not his fault Brighton defense was frozen Swiss cheese. Just go and support Lester.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nokhodi For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,221 Times in 2,809 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Tha last minute shot by ARJ was the second* bit of promise I've seen from him.
    Not that pin-point long range free kick (just before he messed up the corner)?

No one seemed to notice that (particularly on the NSC forum), but I'd argue very few set-piece takers can pass very a long diagonal ball with such accuracy. The commentators on the british stream were certainly very impressed with that set piece.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DR Strangemoosh For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.