Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 253

+ Reply to Thread
Page 253 of 548 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 5479

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,954 Times in 4,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Recent upsurge in results could be attributed to the return of Bruno, but more likely the abolition of Brighton's unsuccessful attempt of gegenpressing, which caused the defence to be leaky without producing any more goals.

Pascal Groß has an injury set back and will miss the next four games at least. And Davy Pröpper is still injured. This gives Alireza Jahanbakhsh ample opportunity to make his mark, which he has shown very little sign yet. Brighton's midfield has been well below last season and the attack has been below par so far. The defence has improved its defending from set pieces (from apalling to quite good).
    Do you know if CH asks his wingers to cover for the defenders ???

Because alireza hasn’t even been playing as a winger, if anything, it looks like he’s placed as a wingback/midfielder. He defends too deep to be able to be effective up top.

Seeing him do that repeatedly makes me suspect that it is what he is being told to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KeonKish For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KeonKish View Post

Because alireza hasn’t even been playing as a winger, if anything, it looks like he’s placed as a wingback/midfielder. He defends too deep to be able to be effective up top.

Seeing him do that repeatedly makes me suspect that it is what he is being told to do.

Brighton use a back six defensive unit (not two banks of four) so the two wingers are expected to do some work in defence, probably much more than he is used to, but what is expected in most of the Premier League. Certainly expected to deal with opposing full backs coming forward. He was given Costa to man mark at corners.

There is no getting out of working hard. In the Brighton system the number 10 in the hole behind the striker puts more running in than any other player.

Wolves were quicker than West Ham at closing down space. I think ARJ has to play a little bit deep as he seems to be more inclined to running into space than receiving the ball to feet. He is unlike Solly March and Knockeart in this respect, more like much quicker Izquierdo.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,408 Times in 1,313 Posts
    Like I have said before, Brighton has to trust ARJ more to make plays. ARJ likes to play quick 1-2 attacking open space but I have yet to see one Brighton player give him back the pass when he attacks open space. Only once last game I saw Murray look for that pass but his pass was no good.
    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ali Doust For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,598 Times in 5,054 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadi View Post
    it is precisely a mere coincidence
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 803 Posts

in the PL, every single player (especially wingers) are expected to defend deep.

Forum Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,954 Times in 4,638 Posts
    in the PL, every single player (especially wingers) are expected to defend deep.
    Not true.

Maybe for the bottom half of the table, but we have a perfect example to debunk your typical blanket statements.

Dejagah never played so defensively and deep and he was playing for a bottom half side as well.

Don’t get me wrong, I know that more defending is definitely required of all players in the PL, but half of the game he is positioned as a right back...

In fact that is why it looked so awkward when he played at the same time as Montoya.

AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KeonKish For This Useful Post:

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,323 Times in 3,011 Posts
    Lmao ur joking right?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Iranianarsenal11 For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 803 Posts
    Not true.

Maybe for the bottom half of the table, but we have a perfect example to debunk your typical blanket statements.

Dejagah never played so defensively and deep and he was playing for a bottom half side as well.

Don’t get me wrong, I know that more defending is definitely required of all players in the PL, but half of the game he is positioned as a right back...

In fact that is why it looked so awkward when he played at the same time as Montoya.

Brighton is a relegation battling team and in more than half of the games, they will be doing the defending. and the wingers are expected to defend alongside the fullbacks.

in fact this should play into the hands of JB because he can have loads of space on counter attacks.

but as someone else said, he is hiding from the ball, not making runs and is very very slow. not good for a winger

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,746 Times in 7,931 Posts
    based on sporadic 20 min or so i saw of last game while on the go (mostly the ending), and having learned a tad bit of CH's tendencies by now, Im fairly certain ARJ and March will once again be the starters for the next match..! in fact barring injuries /suspension/exhaustion, same 11 will be starting line-up..!
    what i also noticed was how far deep Alireza was coming back to help the D, mostly marking the Wolves' RWinger and taking him totally out of their offensive scheme ..! in fact from a bit i saw, Wolves pretty much were forced to try their luck attacking from the Left side...!!Nonetheless, even in later stages of the game, ARJ Still looked sharp and primed to sprint forward in support of attack as soon as Brighton would win possession back, although most often than not they gave possession right back to wolves and were able to hold the ball up in CM position long enough to get into a proper attacking mode..!

being 1-0 up in later stage of the game, giving most of the possession to Wolves didnt matter much because they really couldnt do anything too threatening with the ball any how except sending a few hopeful blind crosses into the box which Brighton CD would parry away or keeper grab..!!
    Brighton's whole cohesive and stout team defending form went to shitt, as soon as March tired and got subbed out and especially when CH moved Alireza from RWB? to the Left side to make room for knockaerd..! from that point on Brighton seemed most susceptible to concede, not only the equalizer, but possibly even the lead..!!? hence i highly doubt CH will try that shitt again, at least not until he works out the kinks in that ,more of an Counter-attacking-Formation, in the training ground..!

ps
    I didnt notice ARJ shying away from balls either ..!!? so i guess i missed those occasions as well..? in fact he looked poised to score his first goal on a swift break late on, but idiot Knockaerd predictably held the damn ball way too long and lost possession..!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BacheLot For This Useful Post:

Banned
    ReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 3,810 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Only if your manager is Jose Mourinho!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Pouya For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.