Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 225

+ Reply to Thread
Page 225 of 548 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275325 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 5479

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

  1. #2241
    PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Taz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,459
    Thanks
    1,293
    Thanked 3,807 Times in 1,318 Posts
    Rep Power
    839727
    Did Eddie Howe do mean things to you as a child?

    Cardiff and Huddersfield as good as gone for me with Southampton joining them barring an early managerial change.

  2. #2242
    PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    5,509
    Thanks
    4,731
    Thanked 5,869 Times in 2,706 Posts
    Rep Power
    3731725
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Did Eddie Howe do mean things to you as a child?
    Cardiff and Huddersfield as good as gone for me with Southampton joining them barring an early managerial change.
    Agree with the first two, not enough quality. Huddersfield should be recommended for staying up last season but they will pay for the lack of a quality striker. Cardiff have brought Championship players in preparation for the Championship next season and are just enjoying a season in the Premier League.

    I think Newcastle joins them, unless Ashley gets a buyer for the club before the Jan transfer window.

  3. #2243
    High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    559
    Thanks
    284
    Thanked 424 Times in 208 Posts
    Rep Power
    1861809
    Fixture changes: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post:


  5. #2244
    High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    559
    Thanks
    284
    Thanked 424 Times in 208 Posts
    Rep Power
    1861809
    Alireza Jahanbakhsh looks like a second striker to me

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post:


  7. #2245
    PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    inarsenewetrust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    12,737
    Thanks
    12,625
    Thanked 30,084 Times in 8,875 Posts
    Rep Power
    296193
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Alireza Jahanbakhsh looks like a second striker to me

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    well he played RW. His positioning off a throw in isnt exactly proof lol.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to inarsenewetrust For This Useful Post:


  9. #2246
    PFDC Hall of Famer
    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    DR Strangemoosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,265
    Thanks
    652
    Thanked 6,321 Times in 2,417 Posts
    Rep Power
    23755797
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Alireza Jahanbakhsh looks like a second striker to me

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Just like in the last BHA game he played, JB tends to currently spend most of the time as an out-and-out winger and then suddenly appear in the box unexpectedly.

    I think, despite being a really well-rounded young fellow, he is low on confidence at the moment and wants to find some momentum by getting some goals. He seemed to be really hard on himself when he messed up two of his through-balls.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DR Strangemoosh For This Useful Post:


  11. #2247
    High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    559
    Thanks
    284
    Thanked 424 Times in 208 Posts
    Rep Power
    1861809
    Quote Originally Posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    Just like in the last BHA game he played, JB tends to currently spend most of the time as an out-and-out winger and then suddenly appear in the box unexpectedly.

    I think, despite being a really well-rounded young fellow, he is low on confidence at the moment and wants to find some momentum by getting some goals. He seemed to be really hard on himself when he messed up two of his through-balls.
    A number 8 rather than a number 10 (attacking midfielder): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    A second striker can go wide as well as deep. With only one winger on the pitch if a number 10 (=Groß) is played as well.

    Travelling time back (and body clocks, lack of training) from internationals says that both Alireza Jahanbakhsh and José Izquierdo will both miss out in the starting XI vs Newcastle. And Leon Balogun as well. Shane Duffy played the most football though: two full games.

  12. #2248
    PFDC Hall of Famer
    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    DR Strangemoosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,265
    Thanks
    652
    Thanked 6,321 Times in 2,417 Posts
    Rep Power
    23755797
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    A number 8 rather than a number 10 (attacking midfielder): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    A second striker can go wide as well as deep. With only one winger on the pitch if a number 10 (=Groß) is played as well.

    Travelling time back (and body clocks, lack of training) from internationals says that both Alireza Jahanbakhsh and José Izquierdo will both miss out in the starting XI vs Newcastle. And Leon Balogun as well. Shane Duffy played the most football though: two full games.
    I've never really thought of him as a second striker, you have to spend enough of the game loosely in the umbrella of positions which could be considered that (whether a shadow striker/auxiliary forward, deep lying forward or Thierry Henry style drifting inside forward), I think he can float into what you are suggesting but only for about 5% of the game. I just don't think that's enough to be considered a second striker.

    For Iran we do actually have a real second striker who is Mehdi Taremi. He plays exactly the role of what you are mentioning (an inside forward who drifts out wide) and is largely effective at that apart from his poor finishing.

    Having said that, it might be worth experimenting with Jahanbakhsh either in a support striker role drifting outward or a trequartista role. Certainly for Iran he's been rather ineffective as a winger and I want to see him have more impact. I don't know what the solution is because he is limited by Queiroz's very effective disciplined phalanx system which doesn't really prioritise JB's style of play.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to DR Strangemoosh For This Useful Post:


  14. #2249
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Ali Doust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,775
    Thanks
    2,015
    Thanked 3,274 Times in 1,258 Posts
    Rep Power
    3265979
    I would label ARJ as the Raumdeuter. This style of play came into existence after Thomas Mullers 2014 World cup performance. In essence the Raumdeuter attacks open space and can roam around the box.
    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ali Doust For This Useful Post:


  16. #2250
    PFDC Hall of Famer
    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    DR Strangemoosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,265
    Thanks
    652
    Thanked 6,321 Times in 2,417 Posts
    Rep Power
    23755797
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Doust View Post
    I would label ARJ as the Raumdeuter. This style of play came into existence after Thomas Mullers 2014 World cup performance. In essence the Raumdeuter attacks open space and can roam around the box.
    I'd like him to have this role but let's be honest he spends most of the time in the wings.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to DR Strangemoosh For This Useful Post:


+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 8

You do not have permission to view the list of names.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
[Output: 98.68 Kb. compressed to 89.37 Kb. by saving 9.31 Kb. (9.44%)]