Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 225

+ Reply to Thread
Page 225 of 548 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275325 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 5479

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,807 Times in 1,318 Posts
    Did Eddie Howe do mean things to you as a child?

Cardiff and Huddersfield as good as gone for me with Southampton joining them barring an early managerial change.

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 5,869 Times in 2,706 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Did Eddie Howe do mean things to you as a child?
    Cardiff and Huddersfield as good as gone for me with Southampton joining them barring an early managerial change.
    Agree with the first two, not enough quality. Huddersfield should be recommended for staying up last season but they will pay for the lack of a quality striker. Cardiff have brought Championship players in preparation for the Championship next season and are just enjoying a season in the Premier League.

I think Newcastle joins them, unless Ashley gets a buyer for the club before the Jan transfer window.

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Fixture changes: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Alireza Jahanbakhsh looks like a second striker to me

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,084 Times in 8,875 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post

well he played RW. His positioning off a throw in isnt exactly proof lol.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to inarsenewetrust For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,321 Times in 2,417 Posts

Just like in the last BHA game he played, JB tends to currently spend most of the time as an out-and-out winger and then suddenly appear in the box unexpectedly.

I think, despite being a really well-rounded young fellow, he is low on confidence at the moment and wants to find some momentum by getting some goals. He seemed to be really hard on himself when he messed up two of his through-balls.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DR Strangemoosh For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    Just like in the last BHA game he played, JB tends to currently spend most of the time as an out-and-out winger and then suddenly appear in the box unexpectedly.

I think, despite being a really well-rounded young fellow, he is low on confidence at the moment and wants to find some momentum by getting some goals. He seemed to be really hard on himself when he messed up two of his through-balls.
    A number 8 rather than a number 10 (attacking midfielder): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

A second striker can go wide as well as deep. With only one winger on the pitch if a number 10 (=Groß) is played as well.

Travelling time back (and body clocks, lack of training) from internationals says that both Alireza Jahanbakhsh and José Izquierdo will both miss out in the starting XI vs Newcastle. And Leon Balogun as well. Shane Duffy played the most football though: two full games.

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    A number 8 rather than a number 10 (attacking midfielder): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

A second striker can go wide as well as deep. With only one winger on the pitch if a number 10 (=Groß) is played as well.

Travelling time back (and body clocks, lack of training) from internationals says that both Alireza Jahanbakhsh and José Izquierdo will both miss out in the starting XI vs Newcastle. And Leon Balogun as well. Shane Duffy played the most football though: two full games.
    I've never really thought of him as a second striker, you have to spend enough of the game loosely in the umbrella of positions which could be considered that (whether a shadow striker/auxiliary forward, deep lying forward or Thierry Henry style drifting inside forward), I think he can float into what you are suggesting but only for about 5% of the game. I just don't think that's enough to be considered a second striker.

For Iran we do actually have a real second striker who is Mehdi Taremi. He plays exactly the role of what you are mentioning (an inside forward who drifts out wide) and is largely effective at that apart from his poor finishing.

Having said that, it might be worth experimenting with Jahanbakhsh either in a support striker role drifting outward or a trequartista role. Certainly for Iran he's been rather ineffective as a winger and I want to see him have more impact. I don't know what the solution is because he is limited by Queiroz's very effective disciplined phalanx system which doesn't really prioritise JB's style of play.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DR Strangemoosh For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,274 Times in 1,258 Posts
    I would label ARJ as the Raumdeuter. This style of play came into existence after Thomas Mullers 2014 World cup performance. In essence the Raumdeuter attacks open space and can roam around the box.
    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ali Doust For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Doust View Post
    I would label ARJ as the Raumdeuter. This style of play came into existence after Thomas Mullers 2014 World cup performance. In essence the Raumdeuter attacks open space and can roam around the box.
    I'd like him to have this role but let's be honest he spends most of the time in the wings.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to DR Strangemoosh For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 8

You do not have permission to view the list of names.