Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 201

+ Reply to Thread
Page 201 of 548 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251301 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 5479

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,406 Times in 1,969 Posts
    alireza need to get some time to play, is just stupid he is not playing more

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Omids View Post
    If training ground practices and drills were enough why would CQ insist and demand so many friendlies. Surely there is a big difference to training ground plays and match play, even for professionals.

Sure, no one is saying ARJ will not be successful at the club by not starting in 2 months but what we are saying is that his chance of playing at a higher level is expedited if he is given more playing time. Now someone might argue that exposing him when he is not ready will also have a detrimental effect on his performance. So what is the ‘sweet spot’ time to play him? No one can say for sure.
    International squads get to train with each other maybe about 8 weeks out of the year and so, yes, much less time to put tactics in to play and try out what works. That does make those games more valuable.

For the injury report, sounds like Gross is still out. Stephens will be game time decision. Neither one really affects Alireza unless the formation changes.

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 1,867 Times in 855 Posts
    I doubt he will be in the starting lineup soon. But he will be subbed in earlier and eventually will be in the XI.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Roozbeh-G2006 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,059 Times in 1,381 Posts
    Did I imagine it or did Knocky not have a stint at AMC during his career? He certainly seems more than capable of it, it's not like he's made to be a wide-man or anything. Shift him there and drop Bissouma deeper alongside Propper, I say. Alternatively, just go with Knocky and ARJ from the off. Both would be attacking but West Ham's fullbacks can be got at.

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Did I imagine it or did Knocky not have a stint at AMC during his career? He certainly seems more than capable of it, it's not like he's made to be a wide-man or anything. Shift him there and drop Bissouma deeper alongside Propper, I say. Alternatively, just go with Knocky and ARJ from the off. Both would be attacking but West Ham's fullbacks can be got at.
    I would have thought so, but it seems it puts Knocky out of his comfort zone. With Pascal Groß missing, it seems the vacant position behind the lone first striker (Murray is first choice target man) is up for grabs. Can Alireza Jahanbakhsh play there?

4-4-1-1 seems to be the first choice formation. The player behind the main striker is allowed more of a free role and is not required to defend as much, but still covers a lot of ground.

There are three candidates:

Jürgen Locadia: runs into good positions, but has not impressed me so far with any cultured play, lacking close control at speed

Beram Kayal: actually a shade quicker than he first appears, but his goal scoring record is poor

Alireza Jahanbakhsh: this who the fans would like to see for his scoring prowess

So pen Yves Bissouma and Davy Pröpper as the two defensive midfielders with the absence of Dale Stephens

José Izquierdo or Solly March and Anthony Knockaert as the two wingers

More from past experience rather than my thinking it is the best way to play.

Chris Hughton plays a very British style of football and the team is full of continentals. There is a conflict of styles. I'm not sure if he wants to change the style or change the players?

By and by the back six usually works OK. It is getting the attack working that is the problem.

My personal preference would be to get Bruno back in the side. I would also like to see Alireza Jahanbakhsh start as second striker, but I did not see anything against Southampton to indicate he would fit in straightaway.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh could start on the left wing? In view of his past excellent record versus West Ham, Izquierdo seems a good bet!?

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,306 Times in 595 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    I would have thought so, but it seems it puts Knocky out of his comfort zone. With Pascal Groß missing, it seems the vacant position behind the lone first striker (Murray is first choice target man) is up for grabs. Can Alireza Jahanbakhsh play there?

4-4-1-1 seems to be the first choice formation. The player behind the main striker is allowed more of a free role and is not required to defend as much, but still covers a lot of ground.

There are three candidates:

Jürgen Locadia: runs into good positions, but has not impressed me so far with any cultured play, lacking close control at speed

Beram Kayal: actually a shade quicker than he first appears, but his goal scoring record is poor

Alireza Jahanbakhsh: this who the fans would like to see for his scoring prowess

So pen Yves Bissouma and Davy Pröpper as the two defensive midfielders with the absence of Dale Stephens

José Izquierdo or Solly March and Anthony Knockaert as the two wingers

More from past experience rather than my thinking it is the best way to play.

Chris Hughton plays a very British style of football and the team is full of continentals. There is a conflict of styles. I'm not sure if he wants to change the style or change the players?

By and by the back six usually works OK. It is getting the attack working that is the problem.

My personal preference would be to get Bruno back in the side. I would also like to see Alireza Jahanbakhsh start as second striker, but I did not see anything against Southampton to indicate he would fit in straightaway.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh could start on the left wing? In view of his past excellent record versus West Ham, Izquierdo seems a good bet!?
    You seem to be a very logical person but i'm sorry to say this situation is a bit of a mess, we can't just take someone who's a great winger and put him somewhere completely different. CH ... so far has shown me that he might just be missing half his brain! Be patient they said, 2 months later: 0 starts!

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
    I doubt he will be in the starting lineup soon. But he will be subbed in earlier and eventually will be in the XI.
    This seems most likely.

West Ham have some good players so it is a bit of a tricky game. The idea may be to prevent them playing flowing football and then open up later in the game. Usual pattern with a slow start.

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,306 Times in 595 Posts
    don't forget if BHAFC scores first it's very unlikely Jahabbakhsh will play!

High-Ranked Member

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scuderia View Post
    You seem to be a very logical person but i'm sorry to say this situation is a bit of a mess, we can't just take someone who's a great winger and put him somewhere completely different. CH ... so far has shown me that he might just be missing half his brain! Be patient they said, 2 months later: 0 starts!
    The problem I've got is I have only seen play for about 90 minutes of game time in the Premier League, the Cup match v Southampton, the under 23 half game, the video, and I did not notice him in the World Cup.

Enough to say as an attacking winger he looks overall better than Solly March and Jürgen Locadia.

He would give in form Anthony Knockaert a good run for the money, better in some respects and not in others.

Probably not as much potential, technical, pace and shooting as the variable José Izquierdo, but possibly a more intelligent football brain than all of them mentioned. But not the experience of British football, which is why the vastly experienced Beram Kayal may start against West Ham.

Yves Bissouma played better in the Cup match v Southampton.

Because of the ten times more PL experience of the West Ham team (80 v 842 hours) I expect CH to go for experience as much as injuries will allow.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hi all!
    I am from Singapore and I support Team Melli ever since Iranian players like Hamid Estili and M Khakpour played for Geylang United here in the Singapore Football League. It is my very first post here although I have been reading your forum since last Oct.

Felt so tempted to finally post something. I have been feeling alittle impatient w Chris Hughton (the Brighton coach) for not playing AliReza from the start and I reallly hope he gets a single chance to start the match. No matter what Brighton's priority is (i think they want to avoid relegation), I am just concerned about Ali Reza. I really hopes he gets to start a match soon!
    A Singapore girl who supports Iran Football

13. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to eliz3p For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.