Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 200

+ Reply to Thread
Page 200 of 548 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 5479

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

  1. #1991
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    scuderia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,637
    Thanks
    507
    Thanked 1,306 Times in 595 Posts
    Rep Power
    934123
    Quote Originally Posted by AliDaeiClone View Post
    You can't adapt to a league when you don't play. That's a stupid approach. Here is my question. If he started every game so far, how many points would they have? I guarantee you at least as many points as they have now. This is why CH's approach is stupid. Players need playing time to adapt. Not just watching from the bench.
    couldn't have said it better myself!

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to scuderia For This Useful Post:


  3. #1992
    PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Taz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,565
    Thanks
    1,395
    Thanked 4,117 Times in 1,397 Posts
    Rep Power
    839734
    Quote Originally Posted by AliDaeiClone View Post
    You can't adapt to a league when you don't play. That's a stupid approach. Here is my question. If he started every game so far, how many points would they have? I guarantee you at least as many points as they have now. This is why CH's approach is stupid. Players need playing time to adapt. Not just watching from the bench.
    A lot of managers will say that is nonsense, this approach is fairly common and there's countless examples of other high profile foreign signings being eased into the league in a similar fashion. Adapting to a league doesn't just mean playing 90 minutes every week, it's about the far longer hours spent on the training pitch.

    What is definitely nonsense is randomly speculating that had ARJ played every minute up to now Brighton would definitely not have any less points Hughton carried out the same approach successfully with Izquierdo so evidence would seem to favour his argument to yours.

  4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Taz For This Useful Post:


  5. #1993
    PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,198
    Thanks
    5,677
    Thanked 7,150 Times in 2,185 Posts
    Rep Power
    2590820
    No matter how much I love for ARJ to start, the fact of the matter is that I am not even close to knowing or understanding all the parameters and metrics that CH looks at to balance his approach. I think he is a fair and supporting coach and ARJ will eventually come around to become a regular starter. Of course, playing 90 minutes is only one of the parameters that help ARJ to adapt. The relationship between playing 90 minutes and full adaptation is not exactly a catch-22. I continue to choose to be patient. I still think ARJ made the right decision and of course time will tell. If ARJ is not complaining and keeps working hard day in day out, who am I to complain on his behalf? I am only speaking for myself This is a forum and free exchange of ideas only makes it better.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Futbaldoost For This Useful Post:


  7. #1994
    PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Leicester City's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    11,123
    Thanks
    9,333
    Thanked 12,938 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Rep Power
    767173
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    A lot of managers will say that is nonsense, this approach is fairly common and there's countless examples of other high profile foreign signings being eased into the league in a similar fashion. Adapting to a league doesn't just mean playing 90 minutes every week, it's about the far longer hours spent on the training pitch.
    What is definitely nonsense is randomly speculating that had ARJ played every minute up to now Brighton would definitely not have any less points Hughton carried out the same approach successfully with Izquierdo so evidence would seem to favour his argument to yours.
    They would not have less points! They knew what they were in for if they are monitoring Jahanbakhsh for 3 YEARS! All the rest is just pitiful excuses and CH is a bad manager (maybe not for Brighton fans) but for Premeir Leauge standards he’s complete crap.

    Their problem is scoring goals and appear to still have that problem, why take a player that you are going to bench when other teams would have make plans with him?

  8. #1995
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    The Farbod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,075
    Thanks
    1,989
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 586 Posts
    Rep Power
    253828
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    What is definitely nonsense is randomly speculating that had ARJ played every minute up to now Brighton would definitely not have any less points Hughton carried out the same approach successfully with Izquierdo so evidence would seem to favour his argument to yours.
    They have 5 points in 7 games. Me and 10 fat kids could get 5 points. Come on.

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Farbod For This Useful Post:


  10. #1996
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,513
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 404 Posts
    Rep Power
    309516
    Quote Originally Posted by AliDaeiClone View Post
    They have 5 points in 7 games. Me and 10 fat kids could get 5 points. Come on.
    In those 7 games:

    - Man United home
    - Liverpool away
    - Tottenham home
    - Man City away

    Come on man, that's a tough schedule for any team in the Prem. 5 points in 7 games when you consider the opponents actually isn't that bad, but it's not great either.
    We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Javeed For This Useful Post:


  12. #1997
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    The Farbod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,075
    Thanks
    1,989
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 586 Posts
    Rep Power
    253828
    Quote Originally Posted by Javeed View Post
    In those 7 games:
    - Man United home
    - Liverpool away
    - Tottenham home
    - Man City away
    Come on man, that's a tough schedule for any team in the Prem. 5 points in 7 games when you consider the opponents actually isn't that bad, but it's not great either.
    My point is with such low expectations, it doesn't do any harm to get ARJ some experience. Since you don't have much to lose there is little danger in getting him game time.

    CH thought he had a chance to get points in these 7 games. He only got 5. That's a failed tactic.

  13. #1998
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,288
    Thanks
    1,320
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 653 Posts
    Rep Power
    12754189
    Quote Originally Posted by AliDaeiClone View Post
    My point is with such low expectations, it doesn't do any harm to get ARJ some experience. Since you don't have much to lose there is little danger in getting him game time.

    CH thought he had a chance to get points in these 7 games. He only got 5. That's a failed tactic.
    Yeah, it makes sense to have given him more play time against the high ranking teams where the chance of win was low so that by the time Brighton is playing the mid & lower table teams ARJ is ready to hit the ground running. Now he will still have to adjust with those teams and will not be at this best as he has not started any games and played a few minutes here and there.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Omids For This Useful Post:


  15. #1999
    Senior Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Age
    34
    Posts
    280
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 427 Times in 157 Posts
    Rep Power
    785069
    Quote Originally Posted by Omids View Post
    Yeah, it makes sense to have given him more play time against the high ranking teams where the chance of win was low so that by the time Brighton is playing the mid & lower table teams ARJ is ready to hit the ground running. Now he will still have to adjust with those teams and will not be at this best as he has not started any games and played a few minutes here and there.
    Y'all are to some degree sounding like you doubt alireza... He's played professionally for pretty much 6 years now. We know he's a professional, smart player. The minutes he's needed are in training day in, day out... Not in an extra 45 minutes per week of park the bus football (he's learned enough of that in TM). I do think he's gotten the acclimation he's needed in training and that has showed in his linkup play the past 2-3 games where he really has hit the ground running (especially against Tottenham). I'm pretty confident CH will be giving him his shot this month. The people that have been hating on his lack of playtime will say," I told you so." And those that have been preaching patience will say, "I told you so." There will be no way to prove who was right. Hopefully we can just be happy for him.

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oreosx11 For This Useful Post:


  17. #2000
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,288
    Thanks
    1,320
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 653 Posts
    Rep Power
    12754189
    Quote Originally Posted by oreosx11 View Post
    Y'all are to some degree sounding like you doubt alireza... He's played professionally for pretty much 6 years now. We know he's a professional, smart player. The minutes he's needed are in training day in, day out... Not in an extra 45 minutes per week of park the bus football (he's learned enough of that in TM). I do think he's gotten the acclimation he's needed in training and that has showed in his linkup play the past 2-3 games where he really has hit the ground running (especially against Tottenham). I'm pretty confident CH will be giving him his shot this month. The people that have been hating on his lack of playtime will say," I told you so." And those that have been preaching patience will say, "I told you so." There will be no way to prove who was right. Hopefully we can just be happy for him.
    If training ground practices and drills were enough why would CQ insist and demand so many friendlies. Surely there is a big difference to training ground plays and match play, even for professionals.

    Sure, no one is saying ARJ will not be successful at the club by not starting in 2 months but what we are saying is that his chance of playing at a higher level is expedited if he is given more playing time. Now someone might argue that exposing him when he is not ready will also have a detrimental effect on his performance. So what is the ‘sweet spot’ time to play him? No one can say for sure.

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 10

You do not have permission to view the list of names.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
[Output: 101.30 Kb. compressed to 91.58 Kb. by saving 9.72 Kb. (9.60%)]