No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is directly addressed to BHA fans and those who are dissing ARJ. BHA loses because its make up is flawed. The team's spine is non functional since they cannot possess or pass the ball out of the back or center midfield (they are lucky id they can put 4 healthy passess together in a good day). On this team a winger specially with defensive duties that CH expects is not going to shine. Knocky or Marsh ain't going to do sh-t because they cannot defend and then show up on offense (today's game, a dollar short and a day late at all time). Boussima dicks with the ball too much and cannot pass to save his life, is lazy on defense and cannot read the game. Putting ARJ on this team is like buying a Ferrari in Bangladesh, you won't be able to get any joy out of it. You have a potential star isolated as a wing with no service (one or two terrible passes at the most) and pretty good defensive load. BHA needs a DM and two full backs that can disrupt, defend and pass. The fact that this team sucks has very little to do with ARJ, if anything he is the victim of playing on a sh-t team. To put it bluntly you cannot put lipstick (ARJ) on a pig (BHA) and expect the damn beast to pass as Miss Universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
      It's not my decision. If it was I would only play one winger in a 4-3-3 or a Capello style 4-4-2.

As CH likes 4-4-1-1 with two wingers and there has to be a short term solution with Bruno and Murray, and a longer term solution without Bruno and Murray.

I'd always play Izquierdo as an inverted winger on the left as he is much quicker and better at shooting than the others. So that leaves the choice only who is the right winger, the left footed Knockaert or the right footed Jahanbakhsh?

I've not seen enough of Jahanbakhsh to say would be the most effective?
      Dude ckeck yourself. Ya, everything revolves around a 38 y.o. Spaniard and a 35 y.o Forward!! If that is your answer then see you in the Championship. BTW, how did your inverted winger pan out today? And with CH's style, Knocky is useless he cannot cover and attack because he has no range (three step burst does not a winger make).

Comment

Addenda: this looks like a transition season for Brighton and with players on long contracts, the immediate target for this season is to get 40+ points and avoid relegation.

I envisage the four first choice forwards for next season to be Andone, Groß, Izquierdo and the right winger.

The understudies vying for a place could be Locadia, Kayal, Solly March, Percy Pau ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bright...#Current_squad

Comment

Addenda: this looks like a transition season for Brighton and with players on long contracts, the immediate target for this season is to get 40+ points and avoid relegation.
          I envisage the four first choice forwards for next season to be Andone, Groß, Izquierdo and the right winger.
          The understudies vying for a place could be Locadia, Kayal, Solly March, Percy Pau ?
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bright...#Current_squad
          The right wingers name is Alireza Jakanbakhsh. He is your record signing. IF you dont like him, please go ahead and let him leave. As of now he is still your record signing and by that metric alone deserves to be your starting right winger over Knockaert. Contrary to popular belief, knocky isnt exactly prime arjen robben.

Stop acting like you have so many better options. Your team is god awful and candidates for relegation, and you keep coming and talking to us about bruno. Yeah dutch league isnt great, but he was better than all of the following by a consdierable distance last season : Kluivert (now Roma), Neres (highly rated-still ajax), Ziyech (highly rated-still ajax), Hirving Lozano (no description needed, guy is a target for most top clubs in europe), and literally every other winger.

Now youre trying to tell us that its a toss up between him and this lower division french, championship ball hog knockaert. Get off your high horse and into reality. The players that ARJ was better than for the past two seasons in his position in eridivisie are going to teams in a different stratosphere to brighton and hove albion.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            yes mate, bruno is the reason brighton cannot complete two passes. Keep telling yourself that.
            Reality is, brightons style of football is atrocious, and actually doesnt match the players they have brought. There is a reason CH doesnt really get trusted by PL clubs for an extended period of time. His style of play is so negative and now its backfiring. Brighton have been crap all season and not bc bruno isnt there.
            And like I said, dale stephens is just a disaster. You guys keep trying to pass him off as the second coming of busquets, but atrocious today as usual and picked up a red card too...
            I have no idea why ARJ chose this team. AT leicester he would have been a starter playing for a way better coach and players. In fact, even if he fails miserably at brighton, it would be harsh to blame him.The team is just the literal opposite of his playing style, doesnt suit his strengths at all.
            From now on andone needs to start, ARJ needs to start, Bissouma needs to start, and Groß needs to return. Put your best players on the pitch and give them license to do things in the offensive third, while maintaining defensive shape.
            ----------------Ryan---------------
            Montoya--Dunk---Duffy---Bernardo
            ------propper/kayal----Bissouma
            ARJ-----------Groß--------Izquierdo
            -------------Andone----------
            At least someone knows what they are talking about! Some fans keep dissing Alireza saying how rubbish and shit he is lmao well their legend Knocky came on and couldnt do shit! sorry to break it to all the Knocky lovers but he is a liability on defense and is a ballhog. my Prefered lineup up would be
            Aj-Pascal-March
            Andone
            The reason why March should start LM is that he can actually defend and while Bong is the LB thats going to be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by zahedika View Post
              This is directly addressed to BHA fans and those who are dissing ARJ. BHA loses because its make up is flawed. The team's spine is non functional since they cannot possess or pass the ball out of the back or center midfield (they are lucky id they can put 4 healthy passess together in a good day). On this team a winger specially with defensive duties that CH expects is not going to shine. Knocky or Marsh ain't going to do sh-t because they cannot defend and then show up on offense (today's game, a dollar short and a day late at all time). Boussima dicks with the ball too much and cannot pass to save his life, is lazy on defense and cannot read the game. Putting ARJ on this team is like buying a Ferrari in Bangladesh, you won't be able to get any joy out of it. You have a potential star isolated as a wing with no service (one or two terrible passes at the most) and pretty good defensive load. BHA needs a DM and two full backs that can disrupt, defend and pass. The fact that this team sucks has very little to do with ARJ, if anything he is the victim of playing on a sh-t team. To put it bluntly you cannot put lipstick (ARJ) on a pig (BHA) and expect the damn beast to pass as Miss Universe.

Comment

Are we still doing Member of the month/year?? if so, YOU HAVE MY VOTE

Comment

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Very good observation. Brighton current formation cannot start plays from the back and the DM. Nor they provide the needs support.

I am really surprised people blame ARJ for a counter attack after a corner kick, a defensive blunder. Seriously?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

What a waste, Jahanbakhsh playing for a shit side not utilised to his real strength and with very unappreciative fans.

My hope is on a good Asian Cup and a loan deal to a EL / CL side who are going to progress to the knock-out stages.

Comment

Putting ARJ on this team is like buying a Ferrari in Bangladesh, you won't be able to get any joy out of it.
                      The fact that this team sucks has very little to do with ARJ, if anything he is the victim of playing on a sh-t team. To put it bluntly you cannot put lipstick (ARJ) on a pig (BHA) and expect the damn beast to pass as Miss Universe.
                      This to me is the equivalent of calling Azmoun the "Iranian Messi." Unnecessary, unfounded inflation of expectations for a player. ARJ isn't some world class player... With how much this forum bashes his team melli performances I would have thought we all agreed on that. He's a solid team contributor with a high football IQ so he fed off the horrible defenses in the Dutch league, because he's smart. ARJ is not a Ferrari just as Azmoun is not Messi. ARJ is some midtier model of your choosing on a lower midtier team.
                      I also have no clue who you're attacking or if you made up opponents in your head. None of the BHA fans have said this team sucks because of ARJ, just that he's been mediocre and not contributed for the team... Which is true. It's only been the Iranians here that are really bashing him.

Comment

It is all JB's fault to begin with. There was lots of interest elsewhere, especially with Leicester City really interested in him.

If neither of those were the appropriate move, he should've stayed at AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post
                          It is all JB's fault to begin with. There was lots of interest elsewhere, especially with Leicester City really interested in him.
                          If neither of those were the appropriate move, he should've stayed at AZ.
                          https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/2...ester-interest

It’s more Hashemi fault than AJs, Hashemi more than CQ because CQ recommended Brighton because of the similar tactics, but at the end of the day it was AJs choice and we can’t turn back the wheel of time.

https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/2...ester-interest

Though with that said I don’t think AJ did any research on either of these teams to see which best fits his style, as he is the one that will be playing for these teams not the people who advise him.

Comment

I've not dissed Alireza Jahanbakhsh at all. Just not seen any signs of anything special.

I'm not a great fan of Knockaert as I think he is slow and one footed, but he has contributed more this season so far. Solly March is limited and one footed as well but he also contributed more.

I've seen Alireza Jahanbakhsh up close and I did not think he was hiding (as someone suggested), but it seemed to me he wanted more time than the opposition allowed. This is because pressing is becoming more fashionable this season and makes more a very disruptive game requiring quick control of the ball under challenges. I don't think that Locadia has been as technically proficient at controlling the ball either.

Wolves were particularly good at blocking space in which Alireza Jahanbakhsh likes to run into. He didn't seem to be quick enough to find space or recetving the ball under challenges as he was muscled off the ball against Everton.

Davy Pröpper has had the same trouble with opponents closing him down this season. Bissouma and Montoya have cost Brighton goals this season by being caught in possession.

Comment

Originally posted by oreosx11 View Post
                              This to me is the equivalent of calling Azmoun the "Iranian Messi." Unnecessary, unfounded inflation of expectations for a player. ARJ isn't some world class player... With how much this forum bashes his team melli performances I would have thought we all agreed on that. He's a solid team contributor with a high football IQ so he fed off the horrible defenses in the Dutch league, because he's smart. ARJ is not a Ferrari just as Azmoun is not Messi. ARJ is some midtier model of your choosing on a lower midtier team.
                              I also have no clue who you're attacking or if you made up opponents in your head. None of the BHA fans have said this team sucks because of ARJ, just that he's been mediocre and not contributed for the team... Which is true. It's only been the Iranians here that are really bashing him.
                              Really don't have time for you, but here it goes.

You take two quotes and run with it. ARJ compared to those on his team is a Ferrari or to make you happier a BMW among a field of Yugos. You can freaking put Messi on this team and he will suck. ARJ on a balanced team would be an outstanding player. On TM as in BHA he does what the coach asks him to do, on the former because CQ plays tournament type football at all time (stay compact, defend, make no mistake and counter to score 1) and in the case of BHA the tactics are dictated by the fact that the team is lacking across the back and in the middle. And don't bring Azmoun into it those who bring up Iranian Messi are stupider than those who came up with the comparison.

As for you having no clue, I agree. Read this thread from the beginning and see who I am addressing.

Goodnight Gracie

Comment

I've not dissed Alireza Jahanbakhsh at all. Just not seen any signs of anything special.

I'm not a great fan of Knockaert as I think he is slow and one footed, but he has contributed more this season so far. Solly March is limited and one footed as well but he also contributed more.

I've seen Alireza Jahanbakhsh up close and I did not think he was hiding (as someone suggested), but it seemed to me he wanted more time than the opposition allowed. This is because pressing is becoming more fashionable this season and makes more a very disruptive game requiring quick control of the ball under challenges. I don't think that Locadia has been as technically proficient at controlling the ball either.

Wolves were particularly good at blocking space in which Alireza Jahanbakhsh likes to run into. He didn't seem to quick enough to find space or receving the ball under challenges as he was muscled off the ball against Everton.

Davy Pröpper has had the same trouble with opponents closing him down this season. Bissouma and Montoya have cost Brighton goals this season by being caught in possession.
                                Well how can he show himself when none of his teamates pass him the ball? they pass to Knockky and Iz just for them to get the ball taken away in seconds but not AJB. you havent seen anything special yet because none of the players have that trust in him to play him a simple ball or a run for a simple 1-2.

Comment

Working...
                                X