Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 183

+ Reply to Thread
Page 183 of 548 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 5479

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    BTW - reading the Brighton forums, it seems like Izquierdo was poor in his return to the u-23 side and was quite sluggish. He seems to need a few weeks before getting back on form. He was subbed out at half time.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to persian_parsa For This Useful Post:

The

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,367 Times in 1,292 Posts
    Im convinced that ARJ chose brighton just to help.improve his TM form. This style of play doesnt suit his game but it does match TM style of play under CQ so maybe he took the big risk just to improve for TM.
    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scuderia View Post
    There are just to many players. It's unfortunate for Jahanbakhsh who hasn't even had ONE chance to show his worth. I think he should have gone to Leicester. He probably would have been a fixed stater! BHAFC plays with a very defensive minded formation 4-1-4-1, it doesn't suit attacking wingers! I just hope this move doesn't ruin his career, it shouldn't because he's a very talented and hard working guy but let's see!
    Brighton play 4-4-1-1 most of the time, which is notionally less defensive than 4-2-3-1 (=4-5-1).

Albion Formations Summary 2017-18.jpg

Leicester play roughly the same formation and system.

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,295 Times in 592 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Brighton play 4-4-1-1 most of the time, which is notionally less defensive than 4-2-3-1 (=4-5-1).
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Leicester play roughly the same formation and system.
    My point being that in most, if not all the Brighton games so far the team does not really attack unless they are behind or the subs come on. So CH has programmed this team in this specific manner. I remember during one of the games the announcer was criticizing CH because Brighton can actually attack but they decide to only do so when they fall behind!
    I'm comparing this 4-4-1-1 to a 4-3-3 for example !

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scuderia For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,101 Times in 4,803 Posts
    It’s not like Brighton are going to win against Man City either way. So at least give Jahanbakhsh the start to prove himself and eventually lessen the deficit. This is getting pretty ridiculous as it is.

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scuderia View Post
    My point being that in most, if not all the Brighton games so far the team does not really attack unless they are behind or the subs come on. So CH has programmed this team in this specific manner. I remember during one of the games the announcer was criticizing CH because Brighton can actually attack but they decide to only do so when they fall behind!
    I'm comparing this 4-4-1-1 to a 4-3-3 for example !

Brighton are not fit enough to press for the whole game or to play passing attacking football for the whole game, not good enough in central midfield to play 4-3-3 in the English Premier League. Neither were Spurs who got burned out before the end.

With the new younger players in the side, changes are in the offing in the near future. I expect there needs more understanding before it clicks.

It is the job of CH to get the balance of the attack and defence right. If we pressed like Man United against Spurs we would have lost 0-3. The way we played created more big chances than Spurs and we could have won. Three key points in the game went against the Albion:
    1) the Dale Stephens injury
    2) the disallowed goal
    3) the first Knockaert miss

I expect Alireza Jahanbakhsh to start against Man City in place of Solly March. I can only see one reason why not! Only reason is that it will be two inverted wingers.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member

Thanks
    cf: José Izquierdo did not make his first team PL starting debut until 1st October 2017.

The game was not memorable as the Albion lost 2-0 to Arsenal at the Emirates and it could have been more. Brighton played 4-5-1 with Solly March playing on the right wing, with a shot that hit the bar with Cech beaten all ends up. The rest was very poor and Arsenal won with little trouble and Izzy was subbed.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member

Thanks
    TV coverage of Man City vs Brighton & HA

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,188 Times in 2,013 Posts
    For U.S. viewers, the Man City vs. Brighton match will be shown live on NBC Sports Network at 7 AM pacific time (10 AM eastern time).

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KasraKhan For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 31,005 Times in 9,131 Posts
    it seems every week brighton is on prime time tv coverage, but ARJ never starts. By the time he starts im sure that they will no longer be on tv and we will have to resort to finding online links again lol

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to inarsenewetrust For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 8

You do not have permission to view the list of names.