Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 182

+ Reply to Thread
Page 182 of 548 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 5479

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    He really didn't see much of the ball to impress or to disappoint; 15 minutes is not really that much time on the pitch. He should get a start soon and play some meaningful minutes or otherwise its questionable why they brought him in. Does CH want to keep him hungry perhaps and on his toes perhaps? I'm getting tired of 2nd guessing this manager/club.
    "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lapayee For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,957 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    Jose Izquierdo Is back. He's playing with the u-23 today. Good for Brighton, but not for Alireza. More competition for ARJ.

I really hope Alireza starts before the winter break, but barring a major injury I don't see how that possible once Jose is back in the line-up. Knocky is playing too good to be dropped and Jose was one of their best players last season.
    That makes no sense, why would a small team like Brighton pay 25M for JB if theu want to use him as a sub?
    Even if a big team spends 25M on a player, surely they have some plans

Persepolis Fan
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 10,541 Times in 5,274 Posts
    Ali, Saeed, and Karim in England. Our starting winger, CDM and striker all playing their football in one country is just another good sign for our national team.

Everyone is already cool and friends with one another in Team Melli. Which is why Carlos is a successful coach. He has 0 tolerance for drama and bullshit. So But by strengthening and building closer relationships makes for a stronger Team Melli.

I hope they all hang out and I’m sure they’ll have each others backs.

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,479 Times in 2,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EKBATAN View Post
    That makes no sense, why would a small team like Brighton pay 25M for JB if theu want to use him as a sub?
    Even if a big team spends 25M on a player, surely they have some plans
    Because Knocky was inconsistent last year and the coach planned to start Alireza in case Knocky reverted back to his last season form. So far this season, Knocky has been one of Brighton's best players. If Knocky has two bad games in a row, we might see Alireza take his spot, but as it stands I don't see Alireza cracking the starting line-up, unless the Coach benches March for Alireza against Man City, which is unlikely since from what I gather the coach is conservative and is unlikely introduce a new players away from home against one of the best teams in the world. After the Man City game Izquierdo will be fit enough to start on the left, and Alireza's only chance to start will be Knocky having a couple of very bad games. There's no doubt that long-term Alireza will be a big part of this team, but for now we might have to wait a bit longer to see Alireza start.

I'm just trying to be objective and judge things based on what I see Brighton fans discuss on their forums because they know their coach and team better than any of us.

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,188 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    I really hope Alireza starts before the winter break, but barring a major injury I don't see how that possible once Jose is back in the line-up. Knocky is playing too good to be dropped and Jose was one of their best players last season.
    We don't know if CH is going to immediately start Izquierdo as soon as he's fit. Judging by the little I know of CH, I doubt he will.

Granted, Izquierdo was one of their better players last year. But so was Bruno. And Bruno was their heart and soul, the captain. Bruno hasn't started since his injury and Montoya's good performances. Same with Gross, he got benched vs Liverpool when he was fit (before his injury) and he was their player of the year last year.

I think there's a chance that JB can start ahead of March in the next few games, and given CH's reluctance to shake-up the starting 11, it'll be JB and Knocky on the wings for the foreseeable future until one loses their spot. Or as Perseus said, given BHA's injuries in the middle of the park (Stephens and Gross), it's possible that CH will use one of the wingers in the middle.

Long story short, great performances last year doesn't mean CH will hand you a starting spot this year (e.g., Gross and Bruno). This is a different team, with many new signings that were brought here to make an impact (Bissouma, JB, Andone, Bernardo).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to KasraKhan For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,934 Times in 1,349 Posts
    I don't know if I want him to start against City and possibly test a dodgy Fabian Delph at LB or stay on the bench and have nothing to do with the 11% possession Brighton muster.

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KasraKhan View Post
    We don't know if CH is going to immediately start Izquierdo as soon as he's fit. Judging by the little I know of CH, I doubt he will.

Granted, Izquierdo was one of their better players last year. But so was Bruno. And Bruno was their heart and soul, the captain. Bruno hasn't started since his injury and Montoya's good performances. Same with Gross, he got benched vs Liverpool when he was fit (before his injury) and he was their player of the year last year.

I think there's a chance that JB can start ahead of March in the next few games, and given CH's reluctance to shake-up the starting 11, it'll be JB and Knocky on the wings for the foreseeable future until one loses their spot. Or as Perseus said, given BHA's injuries in the middle of the park (Stephens and Gross), it's possible that CH will use one of the wingers in the middle.

Long story short, great performances last year doesn't mean CH will hand you a starting spot this year (e.g., Gross and Bruno). This is a different team, with many new signings that were brought here to make an impact (Bissouma, JB, Andone, Bernardo).
    CH will not play Izquierdo in the middle (not suited) and although Knockaert may be able to do it, it is out of his comfort zone and it did not work the last time it was tried. So it is Alireza Jahanbakhsh or one of the dedicated central midfield players.

Brighton have only got a 24 man EPL squad and are a central midfielder missing (two per position policy).

Central midfielders: Stephens, Groß, Pröpper, Bissouma, Kayal.

So the question is whether Alireza Jahanbakhsh can play the role in the 4-4-1-1 behind the target man striker Murray/Andone which is the role of [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (Bissouma, Kayal) with a little bit of the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] role (Locadia) included?

NB: elementary analysis of CH choices, not mine.

Against Man City with their very high possession statistics, the player who can retain possession from the Albion would relieve some of the pressure. (PS if we could retain possession like Spurs did it, it would be a great defensive tactic.)

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,295 Times in 592 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    CH will not play Izquierdo in the middle (not suited) and although Knockaert may be able to do it, it is out of his comfort zone and it did not work the last time it was tried. So it is Alireza Jahanbakhsh or one of the dedicated central midfield players.
    Brighton have only got a 24 man EPL squad and are a central midfielder missing (two per position policy).
    Central midfielders: Stephens, Groß, Pröpper, Bissouma, Kayal.
    So the question is whether Alireza Jahanbakhsh can play the role in the 4-4-1-1 behind the target man striker Murray/Andone which is the role of [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (Bissouma, Kayal) with a little bit of the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] role (Locadia) included?
    NB: elementary analysis of CH choices, not mine.
    Against Man City with their very high possession statistics, the player who can retain possession from the Albion would relieve some of the pressure. (PS if we could retain possession like Spurs did it, it would be a great defensive tactic.)
    There are just to many players. It's unfortunate for Jahanbakhsh who hasn't even had ONE chance to show his worth. I think he should have gone to Leicester. He probably would have been a fixed stater! BHAFC plays with a very defensive minded formation 4-1-4-1, it doesn't suit attacking wingers! I just hope this move doesn't ruin his career, it shouldn't because he's a very talented and hard working guy but let's see!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to scuderia For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    PS: CH may play 4-5-1 (or [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]) at the Etihad, which means playing three central midfielders, each of whom can at any one time (perhaps only once) can go forward to support Glenn Murray.

Whatever way we will not go [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Brighton do not lose possession very easily; against City it is getting the ball in the first place. Dale Stephens is the main man for ball winning which is why we were disadvantaged when he went off against Spurs.

I think the very best we can expect is a Spurs-like game where we concede possession and do not commit too many players forward.

Last season at the Amex we held City off for 70 minutes or so and then got caught on a breakaway after we got a corner. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Before that we had just the one chance when Walker was caught too far forward. City were the best team I had ever seen Brighton play on that day, better even than the Liverpool team of the late seventies and early eighties.

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,108 Times in 4,806 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    I don't know if I want him to start against City and possibly test a dodgy Fabian Delph at LB or stay on the bench and have nothing to do with the 11% possession Brighton muster.
    Na baba estart chiye? Let’s just leave him in the garage like the Lamborghini owner who is too much of a wuss to drive his new Lamborghini because he’s afraid it might get “scrathed”. Brighton being the Lamborghini owner ofc.

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 8

You do not have permission to view the list of names.