No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annoying - BHA fans on the North Stand Chat did not even give one mention of his pin-point long range free kick two minutes earlier but now rounded on JB's "piss poor corner".... No mention of his following corner either.

Not a very balanced viewpoint.

Comment

Again, don't expect offensive play by this Brighton team. JB will be lucky to get 5 touches a game in the opponent half. And half of those he'll be sorrounded by 3 defenders.

Comment

Haha Brighton lucked out absolutely!
        Edit:
        Whelp, not this time! 2-1 for Everton.

Comment

Goal Everton, nobody stepped out to Coleman there

Comment

2-1
            Everton have been all over brighton so far early in 2nd half
            most of the danger is happening on the Left side away from ARJ wing

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
              I think chance creation can’t be fixed by just moving him around, the entire structure of the team would have to be more lethal albeit less defensively sound. I think Hughton is smart but stubborn at the same time. He knows Brighton’s biggest goal is probably to sit comfortably above relegation and maybe mid table, and for that the biggest factor is defensive solidity
              I agree and I think Hughton is an intelligent and good coach, but the one thing which doesn't make sense is:

Why did they sign him then?

That's not a good use of his abilities and for the money they paid for him, breaking their transfer record, they could have shored up other positions. They already have decent fast players who can track back. I mean Knockaert for example is sitting on the bench and can do what JB is doing in this match equally well.

I don't think JB would necessarily have been better somewhere at Leicester this early in his Premier League career, but at least the tactics would suit his natural gifts a bit better.

Comment

ARJ disspossed in MF leads to a dangerous counter CK for EVERTON

Comment

Another loss of possession in MF for JB
                  he aint used to having someone in his face as soon as he gets the ball
                  it'll take him a while to get used to EPL action it seems
                  he is defensively reassuing still but likely to be subbed for knockard

Comment

It’s so upsetting seeing him struggling, just hoping more than anything that his form improves

Comment

Likely going to get subbed right now, 60th minute sub unheard of from CH

Comment

Knockaert coming on soon.

Comment

Just once, I want to join this thread and see the celebration of ARJ's first EPL goal....is that too much to ask?

Comment

Looks like overall a bad day for Iranian football

Comment

What? They take out Izquierdo??

Can someone explain these decisions? AJ isn't doing well at all.

Comment

Izquierdo off, bit surprising but hopefully now Alireza can make a difference in the rest of the game

Comment

Working...
                                X