Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 150

+ Reply to Thread
Page 150 of 548 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 5479

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

  1. #1491
    PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    inarsenewetrust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    12,084
    Thanks
    11,641
    Thanked 27,770 Times in 8,316 Posts
    Rep Power
    296146
    As much as we all love ARJ, his performances in TM are pretty much consistently ineffective. It has a lot to do with the system just not suiting him. I hope CQ can get more out of him leading up to and in the AC. We need more production from our wingers,midfielders in terms of goals, when was the last time a midfielder scored for us besides ashkan pks?

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to inarsenewetrust For This Useful Post:


  3. #1492
    High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    911
    Thanks
    382
    Thanked 1,150 Times in 417 Posts
    Rep Power
    870617
    Could it be that us as fans, myself included, overrate him a bit? Let's take a look. He had one amazing year in a league that's not very strong. He has never really shined for TM and is having a adjustment period in the EPL.

    When I watch him, I just feel like he is does not have a quick twitch muscle and isn't explosive like most elite wingers. He picks up speed once he get going, but doesn't have that short burst. He is a smart player with a very good shot, but not as technically gifted as a guy like Golizadeh.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to PEJ For This Useful Post:


  5. #1493
    PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    The's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    لندن
    Age
    33
    Posts
    18,314
    Thanks
    6,520
    Thanked 6,407 Times in 2,389 Posts
    Rep Power
    42949731
    Quote Originally Posted by PEJ View Post
    Could it be that us as fans, myself included, overrate him a bit? Let's take a look. He had one amazing year in a league that's not very strong. He has never really shined for TM and is having a adjustment period in the EPL.
    When I watch him, I just feel like he is does not have a quick twitch muscle and isn't explosive like most elite wingers. He picks up speed once he get going, but doesn't have that short burst. He is a smart player with a very good shot, but not as technically gifted as a guy like Golizadeh.
    Nope. He is a once in a generation Iranian player. Smart, Quick, great passer, strong shot, physical, Comes back on defense,etc... His "struggles" with TM has to do with the tactics Veronica Crabtree deploys.
    Last edited by The; 09-12-2018 at 10:13 AM.

  6. #1494
    PFDC Asset
    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Kiarash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Age
    27
    Posts
    21,089
    Thanks
    38,855
    Thanked 24,823 Times in 9,053 Posts
    Rep Power
    19427457
    Quote Originally Posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    As much as we all love ARJ, his performances in TM are pretty much consistently ineffective. It has a lot to do with the system just not suiting him. I hope CQ can get more out of him leading up to and in the AC. We need more production from our wingers,midfielders in terms of goals, when was the last time a midfielder scored for us besides ashkan pks?
    I love his character, hard working attitude and determination. But I do think he is currently one of our most overrated legionnaires. He is almost invisible every game for TM, and same goes for when he played Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord back in the Eredivisie.

  7. #1495
    High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    588
    Thanks
    416
    Thanked 582 Times in 265 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Jahanbaksh is overrated. he earned a "big" money move from a a very weak league and will never score 10 goals in the prem. I wish but ashkan a few years ago in the prem on a different level.

  8. #1496
    Banned
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,304
    Thanks
    2,066
    Thanked 3,809 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Some of us that know European football and especially the Dutch league did mention not to fall for the stats and typical Irooni hype and like I've mentioned before, if he doesn't perform in EPL then he's not the real deal.

    I still think it's early to judge him. I'll make my mind about him at the end of the year but personally I don't rate him that high and this is why I hate the dutch league.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Pouya For This Useful Post:


  10. #1497
    PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    inarsenewetrust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    12,084
    Thanks
    11,641
    Thanked 27,770 Times in 8,316 Posts
    Rep Power
    296146
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiarash View Post
    I love his character, hard working attitude and determination. But I do think he is currently one of our most overrated legionnaires. He is almost invisible every game for TM, and same goes for when he played Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord back in the Eredivisie.
    That’s not totally true. He was very good vs PSV multiple games, same with Ajax and multiple Europa league matches ( think lyon). I think the issue is that for him to show himself really well his team needs a lot of possession and players around him who make intelligent runs. In TM when we had good spells of possession he contributed well, same with AZ. But when we don’t have possession, although he does good on defense, he just isn’t dynamic enough to carry the ball 40 yards and create a chance

  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to inarsenewetrust For This Useful Post:


  12. #1498
    PFDC Asset
    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Kiarash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Age
    27
    Posts
    21,089
    Thanks
    38,855
    Thanked 24,823 Times in 9,053 Posts
    Rep Power
    19427457
    Quote Originally Posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    That’s not totally true. He was very good vs PSV multiple games, same with Ajax and multiple Europa league matches ( think lyon). I think the issue is that for him to show himself really well his team needs a lot of possession and players around him who make intelligent runs. In TM when we had good spells of possession he contributed well, same with AZ. But when we don’t have possession, although he does good on defense, he just isn’t dynamic enough to carry the ball 40 yards and create a chance
    Exactly, nowadays to be an elite winger in top European leagues you need to be as much as decisive as a striker. Wingers like Hazard, Sane, Sterling, Depay and such can create chances themselves out of nowhere and score. Jahanbakhsh isn't the type of forward who carries you through difficult games unfortunately.

  13. #1499
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,960
    Thanks
    783
    Thanked 474 Times in 186 Posts
    Rep Power
    3115303
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiarash View Post
    Exactly, nowadays to be an elite winger in top European leagues you need to be as much as decisive as a striker. Wingers like Hazard, Sane, Sterling, Depay and such can create chances themselves out of nowhere and score. Jahanbakhsh isn't the type of forward who carries you through difficult games unfortunately.
    I think he can be. He was like that for AZ, and his goal vs Qatar for Iran was like that. He scored a phenomenal goal if you remember from outside the box.

    Of course EPL is very different from the Dutch league, but I have faith that he can grow his confidence and score and win games for Brighton!

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to persian_parsa For This Useful Post:


  15. #1500
    PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    inarsenewetrust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    12,084
    Thanks
    11,641
    Thanked 27,770 Times in 8,316 Posts
    Rep Power
    296146
    Also we need to remember, one of his main traits is link up play with teammates. He had such a great understanding with his CF weghirdt, his rb svensson, and the kids like til and koopmeiners, the Norwegian guy too, and that contributed a lot to his great form last season.

    Once he understands Murray’s movements, montoyas play, groß, then we will see him really shine

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
[Output: 95.43 Kb. compressed to 86.20 Kb. by saving 9.23 Kb. (9.68%)]