Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 148

+ Reply to Thread
Page 148 of 548 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 5479

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Knockaert is fire, he puts in so much work, offensively and defensively. So fucking fast and is doing really well. I cant see JB starting over him, if anything he could start over march, not knock tho

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JamB For This Useful Post:

The

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,673 Times in 566 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JamB View Post
    Knockaert is fire, he puts in so much work, offensively and defensively. So fucking fast and is doing really well. I cant see JB starting over him, if anything he could start over march, not knock tho
    Yet he's utter dogshit when in front of goal. He couldn't hit sand if he fell off a camel. Brighton's problem is that they can't put the ball in the net, something JB excels at. As cute as knockaert has looked so far, the fact that he is slow and offensively challenged means that JB will get his spot sooner than you think.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Farbod For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,974 Times in 1,244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AliDaeiClone View Post
    Yet he's utter dogshit when in front of goal. He couldn't hit sand if he fell off a camel. Brighton's problem is that they can't put the ball in the net, something JB excels at. As cute as knockaert has looked so far, the fact that he is slow and offensively challenged means that JB will get his spot sooner than you think.

I've heard some weird things about Knockaert, but this is the first time I've seen anyone call him slow. The guy is an absolute rocket, pretty sure he's faster than JB in a straight line sprint.

I don't think he's a better player than JB, but he's been playing well this season. His first half against Fulham was the only quiet half I've seen from him all year

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ando Teymourian For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JamB View Post
    Unfortunately Knockaert is not quick over anything more than 3 yards, very left-footed and can get dispossessed otherwise losing the ball quite easily against tenacious full backs. I see Alireza Jahanbakhsh getting a start on the right hand side in one of the next three games:

Southampton (A) vs Bertrand
    Tottenham (H) vs Davies
    Man City (A) vs Mendy

The extra speed of Alireza Jahanbakhsh may help.

i am talking about speed at Premier League standard which ignores comparing the current wingers with recent Brighton speedsters, the injury prone Buckley who was fast as any winger anywhere on his day, and the explosive injury prone Kazenga Lualua who had explosive speed over 12 yards. Both Buckley and Lualua were two footed as well. But alas, both had injuries and they were not influential on the pitch. At the same time Brighton has ex-Spanish international winger Vicente. All three players had careers wrecked by injury. Knockaert is a veritable tortoise compared to his predecessors.

But there is more to being a winger/striker than speed and trickery and technique. A football brain helps. This must be the reason why Brighton signed Alireza Jahanbakhsh. The powers that be must have recognised something about his play that gives him an edge.

Solly March is very left footed as well and is quicker than Knockaert, but he has had bad luck with injuries. Not as quick as José Izquierdo.

So far this season, Brighton have been slow in attack. We will need a bit more speed for the fixtures coming up.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    PS: very quick wingers worry opposing managers and full backs more than how good they are. The very quick ones (Walcott,Traore) force the wary opposition to take extra measures, but they require space to run into. Better a slightly slower winger who has close control at speed and quick thinking.

The most dangerous player is the very quick off-the-shoulder second striker like Jamie Vardy. If Alireza Jahanbakhsh could play in this opposition, he would have to replace Locadia.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

That is why Brighton play deep as the defence is not very quick. When we play a slow forward line the opposition can push up as well as their defenders think they can get back in time and the top six clubs usually can.

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,284 Times in 589 Posts
    Did you guys notice, CH went with Alireza to receive the award. This is great stuff !

11. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to scuderia For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian

Thanks
    Thanked 5,255 Times in 1,581 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scuderia View Post
    Did you guys notice, CH went with Alireza to receive the award. This is great stuff !
    Hughton has such a strong character and is supportive of his players. It is great that he made the trip to be there for ARJ. I continue to say that this is a scenario for success. Tighten your belts for a crazy ride with ARJ this fall. I am sure he will make all of us proud with his coach standing for him.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Futbaldoost For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I just saw a guy wearing a Jahanbaksh jersey, i asked him if he was iranian and he said no, he was from Amsterdam and saw how JB played so well that he became his favorite player!

15. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to roozan For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,161 Times in 1,217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roozan View Post
    I just saw a guy wearing a Jahanbaksh jersey, i asked him if he was iranian and he said no, he was from Amsterdam and saw how JB played so well that he became his favorite player!
    Which jersey?
    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Doust View Post
    Which jersey?
    Brighton Jersey!

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.