Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 147

+ Reply to Thread
Page 147 of 548 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 5479

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,731 Times in 7,920 Posts
    The only thing a little worrying to me is CH’s seemingly insistence to use ARJ Only down the RWing..!where he certainly is facing a more formidable competitor in knockeard to unseat as a starter ..!
    Based on what I’ve seen so far of Brighton, I doubt if it’ll take him anymore than the next 3-5 months before he establishes himself as the more frequent starter on RW.!! Probably much sooner if CH also rated him as an alternative in LeftW or CAM position ..!

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,731 Times in 7,920 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eerooni View Post
    JB is an all around player: Dashingly good looks, humble personality, speaks Dutch , English and Farsi fluently and is an amazing player! he is the quintessential player and my favourite !
    U forgot to say “no homo”..! jk

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,672 Times in 2,823 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BacheLot View Post
    The only thing a little worrying to me is CH’s seemingly insistence to use ARJ Only down the RWing..!where he certainly is facing a more formidable competitor in knockeard to unseat as a starter ..!
    Based on what I’ve seen so far of Brighton, I doubt if it’ll take him anymore than the next 3-5 months before he establishes himself as the more frequent starter on RW.!! Probably much sooner if CH also rated him as an alternative in LeftW or CAM position ..!
    The way Anthony Knockaert is playing so far this season, and Izquierdo coming back from injury in a few weeks, I doubt we'll see AJ start at all this season. I understand they paid alot for AJ, but "If it aint broke, dont't fix it".

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,403 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    The way Anthony Knockaert is playing so far this season, and Izquierdo coming back from injury in a few weeks, I doubt we'll see AJ start at all this season. I understand they paid alot for AJ, but "If it aint broke, dont't fix it".
    Are we talking about Knockaert? Or Gareth Bale?

Knocky, by no means, is insurmountable for JB. Knocky has decent technique, but he's a two-touch, head down player, with no goal scoring prowess. JB brings a different element and dynamic to BHA's offense once fully integrated.

I don't know when/if JB will surpass Knocky (especially with the Asian Cup looming in January), but to make it seem like Knocky is a fixed player that cannot and will not be benched is a bit far fetched.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KasraKhan For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,672 Times in 2,823 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KasraKhan View Post
    Are we talking about Knockaert? Or Gareth Bale?

Knocky, by no means, is insurmountable for JB. Knocky has decent technique, but he's a two-touch, head down player, with no goal scoring prowess. JB brings a different element and dynamic to BHA's offense once fully integrated.

I don't know when/if JB will surpass Knocky (especially with the Asian Cup looming in January), but to make it seem like Knocky is a fixed player that cannot and will not be benched is a bit far-fetched.
    I'm just pointing out that if Knockaert keeps up what he has been doing so far this season and Brighton is achieving their goal of finishing mid-table, then I don't see any logical reason why CH would mess with his line-up. If Knockaert's preformance drops, then yes 100% I Alireza starting, but so far Knockaert hasn't done anything which would warrent a benching.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,096 Times in 1,166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokhodi View Post
    Brighton values JB so much that they attended the voetballer ceremony with him.
    He's a prized asset and they want him to do well. maghza khar ke nakhordan.
    Yes - and money talks.

JB will be a key player. He'll, as always, become stronger and stronger as the season progresses.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RaginG Inferno For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    I'm just pointing out that if Knockaert keeps up what he has been doing so far this season and Brighton is achieving their goal of finishing mid-table, then I don't see any logical reason why CH would mess with his line-up. If Knockaert's preformance drops, then yes 100% I Alireza starting, but so far Knockaert hasn't done anything which would warrent a benching.
    Agreed ! If anything he played relatively well against Fulham

General Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    a football team is not only 12 players, the prem is a hard league, with heavy scheduled months filled with back to back games, players miss games from injury/rest and general rotation based on the oppositions strengths and weaknesses, you man sound like his aunties ffs. its not that deep fam, his a new player, he has to prove himself, this isn't a joke league for anyone to just walk into the first team and kick it, you man are board

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 584 Posts
    People need to relax. Season has barely started. ARJ will get his opportunities. It is up to him to make the best of them to get more. Simple.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to The Farbod For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer

Thanks
    Thanked 6,307 Times in 2,921 Posts
    Knockaert’s biggest problem has always been consistency , his best season was in getting Leicester promoted to the Premier League but since then he has constantly been in and out of his teams. He will hit a bad patch , ARJ will get his chance.

I also agree that he can be utilised across a few different positions. Hughton is taking it slow with him, integrate him into the team and he will get his chance.

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.