Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are my 2 cents after the game.

I have become a BHAFC fan since AZJ went to Brighton. I have gone out of my way, put plans aside to watch the games. So far in 7 matches played, we have a total of 1 win. Not impressive to say the least/ Yes I know,people can argue that the schedule is not an easy one bla bla... let's not forget that all the teams BHAFC has played is in the SAME LEAGUE and sooner or later they will all have to play each other. Look at watford, they have had an EXEMPLARY start to the season and last year BHAFC and Watford were very level.

I have to say I am usually a very patient person and I have been relatively patient so far but I think CH has taken this too far. In my most unbiased possible opinion, every chance Alireza has gotten to play (measly minutes) he's done very well. The game is 90 minutes and today he played 10 minutes... How on earth are you supposed to show yourself in that amount of time. Now with Izquierdo back his chances of starting are even slimmer. I think we can finally saely say he should have gone to Leicester. No you guys are right he might have not started right away but I'm sure (as Hoorad can attest) that he would have become a starter by now as his style fits perfectly with them. He decided to go with his heart and not his brain.

Is it sill to early to judge? Maybe it is, however I am truly hoping this move has not stalled his career. At this point I hope BHAFC chage their head coach. For me the most disappointing member of this team has been Chris Hughton. let's even forget Alireza for a minute. You are don 2-0 and your team is standing there putting ZERO pressure on Man City. This is nothow you will win matches. By far this was one of the most dissapointing football matches I have ever watched in my life. With one single measly win CH keeps starting the same players BESIDES if you have an injury. On another note he decided to start Locadia instead of Murray today... this is after Locadia has been disastrous. I'm not to sure what's going on in this managers head BUT what I can say is that SOMETHING HAS GOT TO GIVE!

PS: I doubt I'll be watching any other games if the team keeps performing like his!

Comment

as i suspected earlier, he most probably getting his first start next match vs hammers at home..!!

Comment

If he doesn't start against West Ham next week, PFDC might have a collective heart attack.

Comment

Being benched versus West Ham would definitely make me write a stern, disappointed comment >

Comment

The worst part about it is that the guy Leicester signed instead of Jahanbakhsh, Rachid Ghezzal, has already made 3 starts for Leicester and been a sub twice as opposed to Alireza's 0 starts. It's almost as if Hughton wants Jahanbakhsh to fail.

Comment

well done jahanbakhsh on your development and rise from iran to playing against manchester city in the premier league, i am so proud of this guy for coming so far, this is amazing progress and hope it continues to get better. Brighton have been very impressive for a club of their size. the manager has a lot of trust in ali to give him minutes against a team that could punish the best of teams on not mistakes but anything less then perfection. this is the prem ladies stop letting your hormones deceive you regarding his actual raw but not complete qualities, he has a lot of space for improvement, when he is ready he will start, not a day before.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadi View Post
                our best player is a bench warmer in a relegating side lol
                he has made great career decisions to be in the most competitive league in the world, he could go on to being our best player when he has developed, but his TM games have left me disappointed, but many other players have exceeded expectation game after game, in my opinion that is, but I'm sure one day he will be a great asset for us after perfecting his game in the coming years.

Comment

Originally posted by bacheye shahr View Post
                  well done jahanbakhsh on your development and rise from iran to playing against manchester city in the premier league, i am so proud of this guy for coming so far, this is amazing progress and hope it continues to get better. Brighton have been very impressive for a club of their size. the manager has a lot of trust in ali to give him minutes against a team that could punish the best of teams on not mistakes but anything less then perfection. this is the prem ladies stop letting your hormones deceive you regarding his actual raw but not complete qualities, he has a lot of space for improvement, when he is ready he will start, not a day before.
                  yeah solly march is way more ready to start. Please listen to what you are saying.

Comment

To whoever that is saying Jahanbakhsh wouldn't have started at Leicester, that is utterly and completely false! We are starting Ghezzal week in and week out and he's half the player Jahanbakhsh is. Our manager is also chill with giving new players game time, especially if they don't preform well. And his managerial skills shows in players like James Maddison who was merely a Championship player and is looking extremely good. Plus we always recruit from obscure leagues, so it's not like there is pressure for Jahanbakhsh as people make it seem. We are a mid-table club, nothing more and nothing less.

Additionally to clear any misinformation, Jahanbakhsh still could have gone to us whether or not Mahrez was leaving (we even placed a last minute bid in hopes of JB changing his mind) but he still choose Brighton. (Maybe because of the vibes it gives him or because he felt pressured to join and such is the loyalty we see in Iranian football such as Azmoun at Rubin, who knows.)

Comment

CH

"We probably needed to show a bit more quality as we broke out of defence. Maybe our work on the ball, under pressure, because of their press, could have been better. But they press so well and with such good energy."

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...er-tough-start

NB: Man City seem to press much more than Liverpool and cause Brighton far more trouble. It is not just getting out of the press but having the composure to find the pass when faced with the opposition closing you down. I would have found a place for Bruno, as an extra defender or in midfield.

Substitutes were much too late, as usual (PS: Sturridge came on at 85 mins for Liverpool though). My bet with beer money at 30/1 for a Brighton wind looked only possible for about 15 minutes. I was a bit worried then as I expected a breakaway.

Man City are so far ahead they are in a different league.

No injuries or suspensions. Not a crisis.

Comment

I know he deserves to start at this stage of season, and he needs time to adjust himself to the new environment which is totally understandable, but he also need to make a real impact in few minutes(usually 15 to 20) that he gets in every match, to push the coaching staff to start him, so far he was doing Ok, nothing really amazing.

Comment

They are facing West Ham next doubt JB will start that match seeing what they did to United today, and probably wouldn't put it past Brighton to win that match. (Draw at best since they are playing at home)

Comment

If anyone can , I know some of you on here are football journos, twitter people etc, please get a way why you can ask Hughton why he isn’t starting ARJ. I would like to know the reason why.

Comment

I had to be somewhere for the 2nd half but I cancelled what I had to do to watch Ali play late in the game.

His first touch of the ball was a ✅

In a physical and competitive league such as the EPL, the players will try their best to help make the best of every situation. At least that’s what I’ve learned from this league.

This is probably a shitty example, but the movie “Goal” with the Mexican player who got an offer from New Castle United. He had to scratch and claw his way to getting more minutes on the pitch. Now before I have some smartass little kid say “But this isn’t but Jahanbakhsh but was a better player but..” I know it was a movie and I know the Mexican player in the film played Sunday football. But the league is different than Eredivisie.

I’m not defending Hughton and his coaching. All I’m saying is that I get it. It sucks not having our best player start games or get more playing time. But there could be things we aren’t aware of. There’s no doubt that Alireza is a HUGE asset to this team. Maybe he’s still getting acclimated socially with his teammates. Maybe Hughton wants to see more chemistry on the field. Maybe Jahanbakhsh needs to have a better showing in training. Who knows honestly.

But I get it! He’s my favorite player too and it’s not fun to see him come in late. But keep optimistic. I’ll give his coach 2-3 more games. If Ali doesn’t start after 3 more matches then it’s either the head coach or Ali. They pay 25 million Euros for him and if they don’t start him after 3 more matches then there’s something else going on.
                              Last edited by teammelli91; 09-29-2018, 01:33 PM.

Comment

We all like AJ to start and score a goal and assist one in each game. lol but come on let's just relax. There are numerous possible reasons why he isn't starting. I doubt a club would waste its record signing but let's wait and see if Brighton FC is a donkey club or not.
                                هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                                نگاه میکنید.
                                sigpic
                                I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X