Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
    The thing is, after tomorrow's game BHAFC might be at complete bottom of the table . Brace yourselves guy. Leicester looks good just about now!
    To be fair to Brighton they have had a tough start to the fixture list playing Liverpool, Spurs, United and Man City (all the top 4 last season) so early on in their season. Any point they can get from these games is a plus and so their more important games will be coming up and this is when they can be truly be judged.
    But as Seagull said this is only their second season in the Premier League, if they were to finish 17th by a point and stay up then I think most Brighton fans would take that. They are putting a lot of things in place behind the scenes to make them stronger going forward.
    Alireza picked the club for a reason, I’m guessing he was told that he would have to fight his way for a place in the team but that is something he has done his whole career , he hasn’t taken the easy option.
    Am I frustrated for him, course I am. As a fan of his I know what he can do, know his quality and hope he plays every game for them but we must be patient. This will be a difficult season for him in club football because he is at a new club in what is arguably the greatest league in the world and also will be interrupted by the Asian Cup which ideally he doesn’t need right now as he will have to fight his way back into the team again when he is back.
    Yes our views differ with some Brighton fans because we have followed him during his career, we have seen his assists and his wonder goals and I hope they get to see it too.

Comment

Impressed with sound comments for both "patient" and "less patient" sides on this forum. I am patient and I am adamant that ARJ is a good addition to the starting line-up in place of March on Saturday match against Man City because of his defensive acumen developed under CQ and his speed plus passing and shot accuracy for counterattacks when the opportunity arises in the game. Of course, I am making assumptions about CH's game plan against Man City.

Comment

The thing is, after tomorrow's game BHAFC might be at complete bottom of the table . Brace yourselves guy. Leicester looks good just about now!
        It's mathematically impossible for BHA to be at the bottom of the table after this matchday. And as noted by Medzdidz, they had a very tough schedule to start the season. It lightens up considerably after this matchday. West Ham, Newcastle, Wolves, Everton, Cardiff City, Leicester City, Huddersfield and Crystal Palace (the rivalry match!).

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
          It's mathematically impossible for BHA to be at the bottom of the table after this matchday. And as noted by Medzdidz, they had a very tough schedule to start the season. It lightens up considerably after this matchday. West Ham, Newcastle, Wolves, Everton, Cardiff City, Leicester City, Huddersfield and Crystal Palace (the rivalry match!).
          Crunch time coming up.

Asian Cup means missing games against Man U, Liverpool, Fulham and Watford

https://www.today.com/food/when-do-c...expire-t119977

It might also involve missing games against West Ham and Everton as well?

38 - 12 = max of 26 starts, so a goal tally of 8 would be exceptional in his first season.

José Izquierdo made 23 starts and 9 substitute appearnaces and scored 5 with 3 assists last season.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
            check again , ps: bottom of the table for me means RELEGATION ZONE. It is 100% possible! ALSO if the bottom 3 teams win and BHAFC loses (which they will) then they are TIED for last with points. Probably not on goal difference but you get my point!

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
              Crunch time coming up.
              Asian Cup means missing games against Man U, Liverpool, Fulham and Watford
              https://www.today.com/food/when-do-c...expire-t119977
              It might also involve missing games against West Ham and Everton as well?
              38 - 12 = max of 26 starts, so a goal tally of 8 would be exceptional in his first season.
              José Izquierdo made 23 starts and 9 substitute appearnaces and scored 5 with 3 assists last season.
              In 23 starts ARJ will do better than that. Is he even going to get 5 starts???

Comment

check again , ps: bottom of the table for me means RELEGATION ZONE. It is 100% possible! ALSO if the bottom 3 teams win and BHAFC loses (which they will) then they are TIED for last with points. Probably not on goal difference but you get my point!
                Brighton could be third from bottom at the end of Saturday, or second from bottom after Sunday, if all results go against them. Probably not.

https://www.worldfootball.net/table_...remier-league/

At the Amex last season the star players for City were Fernandinho, Otamendi, Kompany, David Silva, de Bruyne, Aguero. Brighton could get out of the traps at all. The Etihad match was a non-event as Brighton were already safe, by the skin of their teeth, courtesy of United. Sané and Danilo played well in Manchester whereas at the Amex they were foiled by Bruno and this kept the score down.

Brighton will need an exceptional rub of the green to get anything at the Etihad. Paradoxically, Brighton got caught on a breakaway at the Amex for the first City goal from a Brighton corner. The same thing happened to Cardiff at the weekend.

Brighton are at least 30/1 at the bookies to win. City are 1/10.

Comment

I get to watch this match, thank God.

Comment

Have a feeling that Jahanbakhsh will statt today, hope Im not wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Melvino View Post
                      Have a feeling that Jahanbakhsh will statt today, hope Im not wrong

Comment

Alireza on the bench:

Comment

Locadia starting but Jahanbakhsh on the bench

Joke of the year by CH

Comment

Again, honestly, I am already sick if him being benched while players not even worthy of an IPL starting lineup slot are given the nod over him [emoji34].

Comment

What a joke

Comment

This is bullshit. At this point, March could walk up and down and he will not be benched.
                                Last edited by Tehranto; 09-29-2018, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X