Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    it seems every week brighton is on prime time tv coverage, but ARJ never starts. By the time he starts im sure that they will no longer be on tv and we will have to resort to finding online links again lol
    Haha, I was just thinking this. I think they're on NBC lately because they've played several top clubs recently (Man U, Liverpool, Spurs, and now, Man City). As you said, by the time JB starts, their schedule will soften up, so I doubt they will get much NBC coverage once they're playing West Ham, Newcastle, Wolves, Everton, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
      Haha, I was just thinking this. I think they're on NBC lately because they've played several top clubs recently (Man U, Liverpool, Spurs, and now, Man City). As you said, by the time JB starts, their schedule will soften up, so I doubt they will get much NBC coverage once they're playing West Ham, Newcastle, Wolves, Everton, etc.
      Na baba. I think he means when they relegate!

Comment

it seems every week brighton is on prime time tv coverage, but ARJ never starts. By the time he starts im sure that they will no longer be on tv and we will have to resort to finding online links again lol
        Thats silly, there’s Home and away fixtures against most top teams and odds are that those will be covered; they’ll happen later in the season which hopefully is when he’ll be fixed

Comment

Waiting for brighton fans to come tell us how CH is really smart and EPL defenders are really tough and hard to get past. Their excuses are lame and typical small club mentality. No clue why ARJ was so eager to come here, shit hole of a team.
          We are a small club. When I started watching as a kid we were in the 4th tier playing in front of about 2,000 fans. TBH don't feel very welcome on this forum anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
            We are a small club. When I started watching as a kid we were in the 4th tier playing in front of about 2,000 fans. TBH don't feel very welcome on this forum anymore.
            Man, I hope you feel welcome here. Honestly it's great to have some non Iranian, true Brighton fans like you here. Of course there's always going to be difference of opinion, but that's the point of a forum like this. Your (as well as all Brighton fans) background, perception view is greatly appreciated by me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

in retrospect it was a bit harsh. Brighton is a small family club. But still the underlying point remains: It seems like there is a general lack of ambition, at least within the first team specifically given CH's tactics and personnel. I really dont know why ARJ picked the seagulls over say leicester, where their backup option to him was ghezzal, a player with a VERY mediocre record coming from france (you could even call it poor), who was immediately integrated as a starter and is playing well. Not to mention leicester have far more quality players than brighton, no offense intended, and actually play an exciting brand of football that doesnt involve doing nothing for over a half of each game.

I havent seen ONE MATCH, bar the united game (who were dreadful that day and lets be honest, everybody seems to be able to beat united early this season), where brighton started aggressive on the front foot. And you guys keep saying "No clue why we started the last match so slow". After 5-6 times, its not an anomaly, clearly CH is sending the team out with very very conservative tactics to start matches, even against weaker teams.

Comment

Hey guys, how about we have the same patience with Brighton that we have with Team Melli? It makes sense for Brighton to play conservative as they are a team trying to avoid relegation. Have to be realistic with our expectations.
                Last edited by The; 09-27-2018, 04:38 PM.

Comment

in retrospect it was a bit harsh. Brighton is a small family club. But still the underlying point remains: It seems like there is a general lack of ambition, at least within the first team specifically given CH's tactics and personnel. I really dont know why ARJ picked the seagulls over say leicester, where their backup option to him was ghezzal, a player with a VERY mediocre record coming from france (you could even call it poor), who was immediately integrated as a starter and is playing well. Not to mention leicester have far more quality players than brighton, no offense intended, and actually play an exciting brand of football that doesnt involve doing nothing for over a half of each game.

I havent seen ONE MATCH, bar the united game (who were dreadful that day and lets be honest, everybody seems to be able to beat united early this season), where brighton started aggressive on the front foot. And you guys keep saying "No clue why we started the last match so slow". After 5-6 times, its not an anomaly, clearly CH is sending the team out with very very conservative tactics to start matches, even against weaker teams.
                  I feel like I should reply but don't really know what to say. There's not much I can say really and it doesn't sound like you want to hear an alternative take. When we signed Jahanbakhsh it was surreal and great to see interest in our club from abroad, as we've never had that really, certainly not to this extent. I guess the reality is hitting home now that for many outsiders being a poor Premier League side means you are rubbish. It's just a radically different take on it from me, as this is the best squad we've had in my lifetime and we're playing in the top tier for the 2nd time in my lifetime. It is literally a dream come true to be where we are at. There's nothing we can do about Alireza choosing to play for us and I don't see why should we turn on a manager who has achieved so much for us.

Comment

I feel like I should reply but don't really know what to say. There's not much I can say really and it doesn't sound like you want to hear an alternative take. When we signed Jahanbakhsh it was surreal and great to see interest in our club from abroad, as we've never had that really, certainly not to this extent. I guess the reality is hitting home now that for many outsiders being a poor Premier League side means you are rubbish. It's just a radically different take on it from me, as this is the best squad we've had in my lifetime and we're playing in the top tier for the 2nd time in my lifetime. It is literally a dream come true to be where we are at. There's nothing we can do about Alireza choosing to play for us and I don't see why should we turn on a manager who has achieved so much for us.
                    Great coup for you with Dan Ashworth coming in , very well respected and will have a big impact on the club. Guessing with him in place next Summers transfer window will be a big one.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                      Great coup for you with Dan Ashworth coming in , very well respected and will have a big impact on the club. Guessing with him in place next Summers transfer window will be a big one.
                      Yeah sounds promising. West Brom fans have nothing but praise for the job he did there. Tony Bloom seems to place a lot of emphasis on getting the best non-playing staff you can get as Paul Barber is very respected in the game too. Hopefully he'll help us to grow and further establish ourselves at this level.

Comment

I think some of us are frustrated that Jahanbakhsh hasn't been featured yet when he is BHA's biggest signing and supposed marquee player. Especially when we see Solly March week in, week out. I respect CH and BHA as a club, and I truly believe CH believes he is acting in the club's best interests, but we are just impatient fans that want to see our golden boy shine, like we know he can.

I, for one, am very grateful for your presence, along with all other BHA fans here on this board, including BHAFC, Perseus, and many more. This is just growing pains that we will look back on when Jahanbakhsh is starting and performing well for BHA. Please don't take any offence. None is intended.

Comment

And this is a totally valid point. To brighton fans where you guys are at right now is fantastic, especially in comparison to previous years. But in the grand scheme of things, we arent brighton fans. We, on the forum, are fans of the iranian national team. That is what unites us. And for the benefit of our national team, we want two things only from our players AT CLUB LEVEL:

1- To be PLAYING. Consistently. It doesnt help our NT if a player is benched every week then plays for our NT without being in top form.
                          2- To be AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL they can be, in terms of team.

If at least one of these is being fulfilled, it will give satisfaction to most of us. For example, its obvious at a big team the competition is much harder. Our young right back sadegh moharrami recently moved to dinamo zagreb, and is only playing in league matches ATM, hasnt got minutes in CL qualifiers or Europa League. But thats ok because we know his limitations and he has competition in that role that we can legitimately and fairly say is better than him in some aspects of the game, especially for higher level and intensity matches.

But currently, ARJ is doing neither. As evidenced by Napoli and Leicester's well documented pursuits of him in the summer, he could easily have ended up at a bigger club. So he is NOT in the highest level team he could be. But that would be acceptable, if there he was playing. Not only is he not playing, but the players keeping him out of the side are, from an objective point of view, inferior to him in terms of quality. In every department.

On top of that its not like Brighton are lighting the world on fire atm. The combo of these factors is where the frustration arises from.

Comment

I trust that ARJ is more patient with his career choices than many of us on this forum would be. I would rather him play in a team like Brighton (mid/bottom table) with a manager like Hughton and character of players like Knockaert/Gross than a team like Manchester United with a manager like Mourinho and players like Pogba.
                            I realize no one here ever said he could/should play for ManU, I'm using it as an example of the extreme (strong club, poor character of players and manager). The character of your club and people in the organization matters. Brighton is playing smart, not blowing their load on transfers they can barely afford (Wolverhampton/Fulham). Instead they invest in people that can work together to build a sustainable team. They're playing the long game of staying up in the league while skirting the bottom to make sure they are a profitable club. Insolvency is rampant in top flight football across the world because teams are less responsible and forward thinking than Brighton is being. If ARJ gets to establish himself in the history of the organization (nekounam, hashemian), I would rather that than he go to a big club and disappear in anonymity (daei, karimi).
                            Again, I'm thankful ARJ has more patience with his career than we do. I'm glad he surrounds himself with people of good character that are personally interested in him having a successful career as well -you don't get much of that at the bigger clubs either.

It's barely even been two months... Let's chill a bit?

Comment

Yeah sounds promising. West Brom fans have nothing but praise for the job he did there. Tony Bloom seems to place a lot of emphasis on getting the best non-playing staff you can get as Paul Barber is very respected in the game too. Hopefully he'll help us to grow and further establish ourselves at this level.
                              Ye I’ve heard alpt of your backroom staff etc are well respected, I’m married into a family of Baggies season ticket holders and they have a lot of praise for him.

Comment

Originally posted by oreosx11 View Post
                                I trust that ARJ is more patient with his career choices than many of us on this forum would be. I would rather him play in a team like Brighton (mid/bottom table) with a manager like Hughton and character of players like Knockaert/Gross than a team like Manchester United with a manager like Mourinho and players like Pogba.
                                I realize no one here ever said he could/should play for ManU, I'm using it as an example of the extreme (strong club, poor character of players and manager). The character of your club and people in the organization matters. Brighton is playing smart, not blowing their load on transfers they can barely afford (Wolverhampton/Fulham). Instead they invest in people that can work together to build a sustainable team. They're playing the long game of staying up in the league while skirting the bottom to make sure they are a profitable club. Insolvency is rampant in top flight football across the world because teams are less responsible and forward thinking than Brighton is being. If ARJ gets to establish himself in the history of the organization (nekounam, hashemian), I would rather that than he go to a big club and disappear in anonymity (daei, karimi).
                                Again, I'm thankful ARJ has more patience with his career than we do. I'm glad he surrounds himself with people of good character that are personally interested in him having a successful career as well -you don't get much of that at the bigger clubs either.
                                It's barely even been two months... Let's chill a bit?

The thing is, after tomorrow's game BHAFC might be at complete bottom of the table . Brace yourselves guy. Leicester looks good just about now!

Comment

Working...
                                X