Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 121

+ Reply to Thread
Page 121 of 548 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 5479

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KasraKhan View Post
    A pleasant development from JB's two EPL match substitute appearances: he's pretty tidy in possession.
    I was concerned about the pace and speed of the EPL, but JB has seemingly adapted well. He gets rid of the ball very quickly, often first touch, and makes smart and decisive plays. Unfortunately, his teammates have left him hanging a few times on his darting runs, but that will change with time.
    Yep, I noticed two moments for him in this game, one where he got the ball to feet and was put under pressure by a couple of players, got the ball neatly out of the tight space quickly, and the other was that chase down and perfectly timed tackle to prevent a counter attack, that was awesome to watch.

Both of those things are probably what have been the question marks for me about AJ and from the little we got to see of him today, he looks fine with the intensity required at this level. Can't wait to see him get more minutes in some of those games where we have more possession and create more chances.
    Pleased with the performance overall today, especially since we are without two of our biggest leaders in Bruno and Dunk at the moment.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Seagulls83 For This Useful Post:

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,572 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KasraKhan View Post
    A pleasant development from JB's two EPL match substitute appearances: he's pretty tidy in possession.

I was concerned about the pace and speed of the EPL, but JB has seemingly adapted well. He gets rid of the ball very quickly, often first touch, and makes smart and decisive plays. Unfortunately, his teammates have left him hanging a few times on his darting runs, but that will change with time.
    perfectly said I think these are the two biggest impressions he has made. he has been solid on the ball and has made great runs to get open off the ball you can see how eager he is to score. I think he needs more time to get on the same page as his team mates more than he needs to adapt to the english game bc he doesnt look to lack anything skills wise
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ghermez Agha For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks

Match Summary

Alireza Jahanbakhsh had nine touches, three in Liverpool's half, one was defensive on the left side, all the other touches on the right. Five passes, one successful tackle, one block, one dribble, one clearance.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Game overall, big chances 1-2, Knockaert's miss was always more likely not, 25% chance for him. Groß chance about 50% for him. Salah was an 80% chance for him. Trent Alexander-Arnold had a 10% free kick as well. Liverpool had a handful of half chances as well, so they were good enough for a single goal win.

Gave Liverpool a last minute fright. Murray kept going the whole game. Pröpper disappointing. Bissouma debuted in the wrong game as his mistake was punished. Balogun did OK.

Better than expected. I expected 3-1, conceding from a mistake, set piece and a brilliancy and getting one back through a lapse of concentration from Liverpool. Liverpool didn't blunder but were a bit slow at getting back at times. Like Man United, Liverpool played their first choice team. I thought CH was a bit slow with the subs, as usual.

Brighton are in transition and I expect the best Brighton team will contain five changes (including Jahanbakhsh) and even more by Christmas.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,738 Times in 4,259 Posts
    So finally, that cross was sent by JB or not?

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,472 Times in 9,588 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iran_19 View Post
    So finally, that cross was sent by JB or not?
    no. montoya

9. The Following User Says Thank You to inarsenewetrust For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,306 Times in 595 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Futbaldoost View Post
    Parts of North Africa are still considered Middle East. Egypt is definitely part of Middle East. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    thank you for stating the obvious, I made a joke! Hence the smile

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,572 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Futbaldoost View Post
    If I am not mistaken, ARJ exchanged jerseys with Mo Salah.
    anyone can confirm this/have a picture? I'd love to see it
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,306 Times in 595 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leicester City View Post
    Brighton fans are insulting Jahanbakhsh on Instagram saying they regret buying him and lowers the quality of team. Not sure if they genuinely think that or out of retaliation towards Iranian comments on Instagram. Pitiful either way.
    In retrospect, I really don't understand that. He's played pretty well (the little that he has), I don't see where this is coming from (objectively speaking).

13. The Following User Says Thank You to scuderia For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,075 Times in 10,393 Posts
    Brighton fans are insulting Jahanbakhsh on Instagram saying they regret buying him and lowers the quality of team. Not sure if they genuinely think that or out of retaliation towards Iranian comments on Instagram. Pitiful either way.
    There's always one or two. Majority seem to be happy.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nokhodi For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,860 Times in 2,902 Posts
    I'm pretty sure it's because Iranians fans are acting like foreskin crust on their Instagram page. They're flooding the comments of every picture. Yek mosht javad e bee janbeh. Giving Iranians access to internet was a mistake.

Last edited by The; 08-26-2018 at 09:41 AM.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 10

You do not have permission to view the list of names.