Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 12

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 548 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112512 ... LastLast

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by persiangodfather View Post
    Im having a good time talking about our culture on their forum, Join me at north stand chat
    greetings my friend! we have many iranians in brighton, and french, spanish, germans, in fact folks from everywhere, you are all very welcome !

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to afters BHAFC For This Useful Post:

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    edit: ignore this post

Quote Originally Posted by Hoorad View Post
    How intense is the rivalry though? Is it anywhere as intense as the other derbies of the leauge?
    It's not a derby if the teams aren't from the same city / area: A "London Derby", for example. United v Liverpool is not a derby, but Liverpool v Everton is.

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,793 Times in 3,255 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by afters BHAFC View Post
    Greetings everyone from David in Brighton we are delighted (understatement) to have Ali on board!

Love to all !
    Ali Reza! You don't call Pope John Paul, John!

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandar Hamal View Post
    It's not a derby if the teams aren't from the same city / area: A "London Derby", for example. United v Liverpool is not a derby, but Liverpool v Everton is. Are you American?
    it's a derby of two teams who hate each other and are fairly near. in england it rivals any city derbies.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to afters BHAFC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    thank you m friend, we are all learning! i have fab iranian friends here who will be very excited by this news!

Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    thank you my friend and I've told the english guys on NSC that too!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to afters BHAFC For This Useful Post:

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    greetings my friend! we have many iranians in brighton, and french, spanish, germans, in fact folks from everywhere, you are all very welcome !
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Much more to it than that. Rivalry occurred a long time before when both clubs played each other Division 3 South. A hundred competitive games between the clubs, joined by a quick railway journey, Fair to say the rivalry increased in the late 1970s and the incident in wiki was just one of many.
    I’ll write a big post later, give you an overview on our history, our squad etc. Get you up to date with the club!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
    I think that tune has been tainted by Crystal Palace (our rivals) so doubtful we'd adopt that.
    I am very much enjoying this Brighton invasion. Your town / area is really lovely.
    Iranians have seen players move to European clubs before, but there has never been this much excitement over a signing than what you guys are displaying. It's really thrilling for us to see. This may be the first time an Iranian player signs for a club and the club's fans are more excited than we are! lol.
    I hope the Iranian social media presence won't sour people's excitement though, it can be brutal at times. Just a warning :^) Don't judge us as badly some of the unrestrained on Instagram please I beg

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bandar Hamal For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    it's a derby of two teams who hate each other and are fairly near. in england it rivals any city derbies.
    aaa sorry. I was being presumptuous.

General Member

Thanks
    Well it is nicknamed by some as the M23 derby.. although most of us are not fans of labelling it like that (for a start it doesn't make sense as it the A23 and M23 between the two clubs..).
    Until the relatively recent emergence of Crawley into the football league Palace were the closest professional team to us. Many assume we would be rivals with Portsmouth/Southampton/Bournemouth but Palace are closer to us and the game the fans care about the most.
    The last time we won at their hole we had a commemorative shirt sold in celebration.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seagull For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.