Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 109

+ Reply to Thread
Page 109 of 548 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 5479

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 677 Posts
    I want to say if Brighton are trailing against Liverpool in the 2nd half than Jahanbakhsh gets at least 10/15 min.. hopefully more

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to persian_pooya For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,263 Times in 2,003 Posts
    Gomez and Alexander-Arnold are both very talented but haven't yet learnt to deal with diagonal balls from a distance and from height.

JB could decimate them, really hope he gets some good time to show his stuff.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DR Strangemoosh For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by persian_pooya View Post
    I want to say if Brighton are trailing against Liverpool in the 2nd half than Jahanbakhsh gets at least 10/15 min.. hopefully more
    Needs more. 65 minutes gives him 25 minutes plus injury time, but this only means about 12 opportunities with the ball at his feet. I hope Brighton do not get an early injury, so substitutions are possible.

I think Brighton need more pace upfront to discourage advancing full backs, and give the opportunity for the long diagonal ball into the space left by an advancing full back. This tactic works better as the game goes into the final third. Or it does against run of the mill sides.

Man United seemed to have gained the limelight all week.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Needs more. 65 minutes gives him 25 minutes plus injury time, but this only means about 12 opportunities with the ball at his feet. I hope Brighton do not get an early injury, so substitutions are possible.

I think Brighton need more pace upfront to discourage advancing full backs, and give the opportunity for the long diagonal ball into the space left by an advancing full back. This tactic works better as the game goes into the final third. Or it does against run of the mill sides.

Man United seemed to have gained the limelight all week.
    Yes I'd like for him to come on in the 65th min but since he remained on the bench against United I'm less hopeful. Maybe he didn't come on in that game because Brighton were ahead. So I guess it varies on the result, but I'd rather see Brighton get a good result even if it means Jahanbakhsh get less playing time Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by persian_pooya View Post
    Yes I'd like for him to come on in the 65th min but since he remained on the bench against United I'm less hopeful. Maybe he didn't come on in that game because Brighton were ahead. So I guess it varies on the result, but I'd rather see Brighton get a good result even if it means Jahanbakhsh get less playing time Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Taking a player off against Man United could only have done harm because of their reputation and because another injury could have lost 2 points from a straightforward win. Man United might even have got another shot on goal. They already had one. It was the injury to Dunk that hampered any substitution as well.

I don't think Brighton certain players are fit enough can play the whole of a game against Liverpool. Notably, the ageing Glenn Murray playing the lone furrow up front. Pascal Groß could be subbed as well if there are no injuries. Pascal Groß covers a lot of ground in a game, and maybe he will tire?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian

Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 1,508 Posts
    MU match was for the lack of a better word an anomaly. Dunk's injury that required substitution only 20 minutes into the match changed Hughton's whole subbing scheme and then leading 3-1 for almost all of second half plus the two wingers playing well didn't make it a necessity for ARJ to be subbed in. Tomorrow's match against Liverpool could be a totally different animal. I am hopeful that ARJ will get over 20 minutes.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Futbaldoost For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member

Thanks
    TV in Britain: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

PFDC Valedictorian
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Taking a player off against Man United could only have done harm because of their reputation and because another injury could have lost 2 points from a straightforward win. Man United might even have got another shot on goal. They already had one. It was the injury to Dunk that hampered any substitution as well.

I don't think Brighton certain players are fit enough can play the whole of a game against Liverpool. Notably, the ageing Glenn Murray playing the lone furrow up front. Pascal Groß could be subbed as well if there are no injuries. Pascal Groß covers a lot of ground in a game, and maybe he will tire?
    Yes good points. I think the results and tiring of players will determine the subs and how much jahanbakhsh may play

Persepolis Fan
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 10,144 Times in 5,094 Posts
    Looking forward to watching Brighton vs Liverpool today. I won’t be disappointed if we don’t see Ali again this week. I understand that the EPL is a different style of game and it takes time for any football player to adapt. I wish Alireza and Brighton success! Be omide bord (in hopes of a win!)!
    Iran - 2018 FIFA World Cup (Trailer):

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teammelli91 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,243 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Probably for the best ARJ sits this one out against my boys. He won't have ever faced an opposition side of this quality before. As it is, he'll probably be thrown on for the experience once Brighton are about 5 goals down in the 60th minute.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Taz For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.