No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the 'Super Sub' concept is far fetched. It's pathetic to only give a player between 10-12 minutes, at the end and expect him to make immediate impact - getting into the groove and flow of the game in dying minutes.

He's your record, 17m signing - why did you sign him if he's going to remain on bench? At least, do a proper test in your investment.

Alireza is a professional, I have no doubt he'll become one of the key players of his team.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
      more like 80th minute because hughton wants to "ease him in" since the other players are performing so very well. One game vs a weirdly horrible united doesnt change anything.
      Hey, didn't the Brighton fans promise us that he surely start JB at around Fullham or Southampton? It's ok if the fans say what CH will do, but when Iranians say start JB the argument CH knows what he is doing will be used. Double standards?

Did Jahanbakhsh even get 1 Premier League start this season?

Comment

Originally posted by daggerhashimoto View Post
        bro.. you gotta put him in slow... ....
        Well, can we "ease" him in "slowly" at halftime today and as a starter next week? They're sitting on gold and need to show him off...Can you imagine Juventus "easing" Ronaldo in this long...Give him a chance to shine! Another case in point Goddos (2 goals in 2 games).

Comment

xactly. All brighton forums are talking about how they have no clue why ARJ isnt in, march sucks, their midfield sucks, they play shit football. But here we have pdot who thinks we are all crazy and biased. Stop selling our man short. He is way better than any crap player on this team, especially solly waste of space march.

Comment

BBC saying how poor Brighton are going forward, I wonder who could change that.

Comment

Originally posted by dariush-44 View Post
              the 'Super Sub' concept is far fetched. It's pathetic to only give a player between 10-12 minutes, at the end and expect him to make immediate impact - getting into the groove and flow of the game in dying minutes.

He's your record, 17m signing - why did you sign him if he's going to remain on bench? At least, do a proper test in your investment.

Alireza is a professional, I have no doubt he'll become one of the key players of his team.
              He doesn't strictly expect ARJ to give him results with these cameos, it's about helping ARJ adapt to the pace of the league. He did the exact same with Izquierdo with great success so I can see why he's doing it. That and I don't know where everyone is getting off making out ARJ is going to come on and change a prem game like he's Salah-lite. Man can't even affect games against Uzbekistan and suddenly Hughton is an idiot for not building his team around him? Expectation management, people. As with Izquierdo, don't expect a start till October.

Ideally Brighton's form improves as a managerial change before then could be catastrophic to ARJ's chances. But without an in-form Gross and even the pace of Izquierdo, both of which they haven't had all season, they are an extremely limited side in attack.

Comment

I personally (and this is just my opinion) don't believe in that ease him in nonsense. Amiens didn't ease Ghoddos in, nor did Brugge with Rezaei, nor did other PL teams with similar players to Jahanbakhsh's postition.

If a team believes a player is good, they will start him at the get go. Especially one who featured in their Preseason matches.

Comment

I guess Hughton is still salty AJB did not join back in '15

Comment

Even if ARJ is 'ready' this is standard procedure for most players joining from other leagues with little preseason and also coming back from a major tournament. Look at Torreira at Arsenal, he's a beast but still getting only ~30 min a game despite clearly improving the team when he comes on. CH also knows he will be gone for January, he needs to make Knockaert feel appreciated.

Comment

Lol gotta love Irooni fans and their belief that everyone is "out to get us"

Knock and Solly definitely rusty after international break - AJ will be on sooner rather than later IMO.

Comment

I love this forum but some of your bias is incredible. Does ARJ deserve a chance? Yes. Does some of you lot pissing your pants every time one of our wingers has a bad half seem a bit pathetic? Also a massive yes.

Comment

NBC Sports halftime Show is ripping houghton for being too conservative and not starting Alireza and Locadia. Saying they need speedy players who can score and send in quality passed from the wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
                            Lol gotta love Irooni fans and their belief that everyone is "out to get us"

Knock and Solly definitely rusty after international break - AJ will be on sooner rather than later IMO.
                            It’s true dude, Iran is the most hated country after trump’s(dr.evil) world domination

Comment

Originally posted by Dubxl152 View Post
                              NBC Sports halftime Show is ripping houghton for being too conservative and not starting Alireza and Locadia.
                              And cheering/praising Mohammed Elyounoussi

Comment

So the commentators on nbc during half time just said bhafc played very flat and that they don't understand why CH has been so loyal to the same players. They mentioned that he has to play the new signings.

Comment

Working...
                                X