• Time
  • Show
Clear All

murray ice the game
    3-1

Comment

JB sub scored 2

: /

Overall not a bad game from him. Hope he starts next game too.

Comment

The decision making by some of the players on Brighton is terrible. Alireza is a smart and tidy player who plays better when the players around him play simple and smart. It's going to be a little harder for him to showcase his abilities on a team like Brighton (no offense to Brighton supporters). I like the switch to center attacking mid, though. He's much more suited for that role than right or left mid (as opposed to his natural position as a winger). Hopefully he'll start getting consistent minutes in that role in the league. Overall he had a decent game and looked a lot more confident today.

Comment

does anyone know where I can watch a full replay of the game?
          Link would be amazing. thank you!
          In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said: "Let there be light!" And there was still nothing, but you could see it.

Comment

Brighton team still carries lots of it Championship days players, this game suited them to the bone. They are a hard grafting team, not stylish by any figment of imagination. JB’s needs to adopt to their style and defend as a team.

Very decent game from him, I thought. Unlucky with couple of efforts and may have got a penalty. interesting central play-maker position, Houghton put him into. I’m sure he took him off to give him the next premiership game. Wise decision.
            sigpic
            Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Hughton is on it putting him as support forward. Some of their fans want to see JB back on the wings: https://www.northstandchat.com/showt...p?370208-Ali-J

Most important thing was his fitness, he was still showing lots of energy deep into injury time.

Comment

Hopefully the game should be good for JB's confidence. He was third highest rated in BBC Sport for Brighton: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47150200

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
                  Not a target too daunting: look for 75% passing accuracy, two chances created by a cross and a pass, two shots - one realistic on target, only one unsuccessful touch or losing the ball allowed. Even off form he might have a chance with what may turn out to be two mostly reserve teams. I do not think the standard will be any better than the Eredivisie, judging by the first match which lacked any intensity. +4% possesssion if not taken off. Chance of a goal dependent on what sort of team WBA play.
                  West Bromwich 1 Brighton & Hove Albion 3 (AET)

Thoughts:

Chess game which was tolerable to watch until we gave them a goal. Then Brighton got lucky as WBA gave a goal back and made four unwise substitutions. WBA youngsters looked OK in the middle of the park. Albion’s (=Brighton) reserves made it hard work, didn’t really look very good at shooting and it needed the oldie in Glenn Murray to find the back of the net.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh had 80% passing, 72 touches, two worthwhile shots, a penalty claim, lost the ball 3 times, a few key passes that led to some of the 12 corners.

Chance creation was not as incisive in 90 minutes as the first team 0-0 v Watford. Much the same sort of story though, not razor sharp in front of goal.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/13...lbion-Brighton

Comment

Good performance from Alireza tonight, would be great (from a Brighton perspective) to see him get a run of games under his belt

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                      Hughton is on it putting him as support forward. Some of their fans want to see JB back on the wings: https://www.northstandchat.com/showt...p?370208-Ali-J

Most important thing was his fitness, he was still showing lots of energy deep into injury time.
                      Rast migi, aslan be nazar khaste nemiresid.

In namayeshe khobe Ali-Reza neshon daad ke vaghti az masoliyaate ziyaade defai azaad shavad mitonad dar baazisaazie Brighton karsaaz bashaad, ini ke mizaranesh manande baale defai (wing-back) aslan baraye amalkarde Jahanbakhsh khoob nist.
                      DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

he did well but lets not carried away.

he needs a strong of good performances in premier league to save his career. he needs at least 3 goals this half-season

Comment

Originally posted by Hadi View Post
                          he did well but lets not carried away.

he needs a strong of good performances in premier league to save his career. he needs at least 3 goals this half-season
                          I think "save his career" is a bit heavy handed.

I don't think he is under threat really in this first season which has been affected by injury and Asian cup so far. Hughton prefers to ease players in and you can see this with the signings from last season.

I think if he has a disappointing second season then that would be a different matter. The fans may not be too warm to JB but Hughton is patient and will give him time.

Comment

Go Go ARJ!
                            A Singapore girl who supports Iran Football

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                              I think "save his career" is a bit heavy handed.

I don't think he is under threat really in this first season which has been affected by injury and Asian cup so far. Hughton prefers to ease players in and you can see this with the signings from last season.

I think if he has a disappointing second season then that would be a different matter. The fans may not be too warm to JB but Hughton is patient and will give him time.
                              that is the best thing about his hefty buy price..!!
                              the club has no choice but to practice patience with him anyways and he certainly hasnt been proven a bust by any stretch of imagination....!

Comment

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Burnley

Premier League
                                Date: Sat 09-Feb-19 K0: 17:30 UT

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Burnley
                                Amex Stadium

Live TV on BT Sport (UK)
                                https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/12...ighton-Burnley

Comment

Working...
                                X