Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
    I've said this a million times but this is why the Dutch league sucks so badly, gives a false sense of superiority to average players.
    thats an unfair assessment. IF you watch the game, yes ARJ doesnt play good, but nor do ANY OTHER offensive players for brighton. ARJ is so far back idk what he can really do.

Imo, bissouma needs to play, he was great in his cameo today. ARJ needs to keep playing and hope he hits form soon, but the team in general needs to move up the pitch, they are so damn deep. And the cms are to crappy to carry the ball or dictate tempo, at least bissouma was able to add a bit of drive.

Comment

Originally posted by happydoggo View Post
      This was somewhat disappointing and embarassing at the same time. I really wanted ARJ to be their starplayer, but even it even feels like March has the same output as him ingame. It also feels like he is getting worse and worse? The first game of the season against Watford when he was substituted in, he did waay more than anyone else in a short time span, he would win against his man almost everytime and he created a goal chance and didn't lose possession, all in like 15 mins? Granted, his team played like absolute shit.

He seemed very confident when he first was substituted in, so I wonder if someone told him something later on that made him play worse. Almost as if he didn't belong in the team or something.
      the whole Brighton team was pretty much Outclassed today and they couldnt string up more than 2 passes nor could they get into any sorta offensive rhythm, ARJ including..! (at least in the 2nd half that i watched..!)
      Every week could well be a whole different feature for teams in EPL, depending on the quality of the opponents and how the game plans for teams unfold..! same Brighton looked like a world beater a few weeks back beating ManU..!

hopefully he can recover full fitness in time for the next game, i think they will fair much better next week at the bottom league dwellers Cardiff, but being an Away fixture? it will still be a stiff challenge..!

Comment

brighton needs two Kayals. Drop Stephens and Propper. start Biss.

Comment

stephen is one of the crappiest midfield players I have seen. The guy cant turn and play a forward pass to save his life. And brighton fans claim hes is like the lynchpin of their team. Tells you everything you need to know.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            thats an unfair assessment. IF you watch the game, yes ARJ doesnt play good, but nor do ANY OTHER offensive players for brighton. ARJ is so far back idk what he can really do.

Imo, bissouma needs to play, he was great in his cameo today. ARJ needs to keep playing and hope he hits form soon, but the team in general needs to move up the pitch, they are so damn deep. And the cms are to crappy to carry the ball or dictate tempo, at least bissouma was able to add a bit of drive.
            I meant in general. I still give ARJ time till the end of the season to make my mind on him but I refuse to judge him as a top player solely on his performance in the Dutch league.

Comment

I missed the end of the game, what did JB do for the last 10 minutes? He suddenly shot up on the WhoScored ratings to become the equal-second best Brighton player. His rank had been really low before that.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                Chill tf out... Its been like 5 starts

Lets also not pretend like Brighton is an amazing team thats been giving him good chances...
                Im not saying hes shit i just mean hes better situated for serie a or la liga

Epl is for tough English cvnts with no skill or africans who can run for a week without stopping
                WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                  I missed the end of the game, what did JB do for the last 10 minutes? He suddenly shot up on the WhoScored ratings to become the equal-second best Brighton player. His rank had been really low before that.
                  had a really good shot that keeper tipped over

Comment

The rest of Brighton poor performance nor the team's game plan do can excuse Alireza's awful first touch and constant turnovers this game. This level of possession loss is not acceptable from a club's biggest signing ever.

Hopefully he can turn it around, but even as a JB Stan, I'm starting to have my doubts about his game.

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                      Im not saying hes shit i just mean hes better situated for serie a or la liga

Epl is for tough English cvnts with no skill or africans who can run for a week without stopping
                      loool

Comment

The result was as everyone expected. Even luck is something that you run out of.
                        هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                        نگاه میکنید.
                        sigpic
                        I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

I took the train to liverpool just for this match and what another dissapointing performance from Brighton and from Alireza. He did fairly good defensively especially in the first half, offensively, besides the one shot towards the end of the match, he was really really poor. I have no idea why he plays 90 mins, maybe CH is also hoping to justify paying so much for him but honestly I really would no longer start him. He was doing better in his first few matches coming off the bench.

Today, he could not manage a single dribble, was disposessed a few times and his first touch was as poor as a touch could be. Only thing I liked more than the previous matches was that he was asking to be passed to rather than hiding behind opposition players. He seems desperate himself to score, I'm happy he took that decent shot towards the end but his time will eventually run out if he carries on like this and unfortunately I believe this was his last start for a while.. Hope I'm wrong.
                          چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
                          We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by oreosx11 View Post
                            We've all got our opinions, I think the match was lost at the back 4 today. Really poor passing the entire time made the 4 in front of them look much worse since the midfielders would receive poor passes while being pressured by a couple everton players. They lacked patience and even when they were patient they still would make poor decisions and poor passes. Brighton's back 4 had less than 80% completion of passes ignoring the bad passes made to players immediately dispossessed, less than 80% isn't really excusable for me for defenders.
                            https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/12...erton-Brighton

I could not get a stream and only heard it on the local radio. It sounded like that Sigurdsson and Richarlison gave the Brighton defence a bad time especially when coming deep.

March and ARJ got mentions when they were heavied off the ball/dispossessed. Playing both of them never seemed to be a good idea.

PS: I would have played Schelotto instead of Alireza Jahanbakhsh for this game. And I would have brought on Knockaert for Solly March. It would not have done anything about the poor passing in midfield though.

Comment

Originally posted by Salar View Post
                              I took the train to liverpool just for this match and what another dissapointing performance from Brighton and from Alireza. He did fairly good defensively especially in the first half, offensively, besides the one shot towards the end of the match, he was really really poor. I have no idea why he plays 90 mins, maybe CH is also hoping to justify paying so much for him but honestly I really would no longer start him. He was doing better in his first few matches coming off the bench.

Today, he could not manage a single dribble, was disposessed a few times and his first touch was as poor as a touch could be. Only thing I liked more than the previous matches was that he was asking to be passed to rather than hiding behind opposition players. He seems desperate himself to score, I'm happy he took that decent shot towards the end but his time will eventually run out if he carries on like this and unfortunately I believe this was his last start for a while.. Hope I'm wrong.
                              Bro, before ARJ joined Brighton had you even heard of this club? You sound like a die hard Brighton fan who is so blinded by his emotions that demands this and that.
                              هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                              نگاه میکنید.
                              sigpic
                              I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
                                https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/12...erton-Brighton
                                I could not get a stream and only heard it on the local radio. It sounded like that Sigurdsson and Richarlison gave the Brighton defence a bad time especially when coming deep.
                                March and ARJ got mentions when they were heavied off the ball/dispossessed. Playing both of them never seemed to be a good idea.
                                PS: I would have played Schelotto instead of Alireza Jahanbakhsh for this game. And I would have brought on Knockaert for Solly March. It would not have done anything about the poor passing in midfield though.
                                Richarlison and co did not do any more pressing than average. Dunk was clearly not under much pressure when he passed to it richarlison and you'll be able to see that on replays. The defenders would choose to pass it up to March or AJ when they were marked by two everton players and they would over power their passes. We're talking about poor first touches here and ignoring that these heavily weighted pass (or izquerdo's dart at AJ's waist) are not part of the equation. AJ isn't some world class player, no one on Brighton is. Only world class players could have collected those passes half the time. The defence repeatedly passed it right back to everton midfielders. Even if you want to say they were troubled by the high press, fine, but they could have put a little air on their clearances. Izqueirdo left Coleman alone for an open rip outside the box, some blame also needs to be placed there. He was marking Coleman, then let him run free without chasing.

Comment

Working...
                                X