• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

get well soon!
    A Singapore girl who supports Iran Football

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
      Eredivisie allows wingers far too much room and hardly compares to the Championship. WBA match should be a good opportunity for Jahanbakhsh.
      Agreed

If I was money bags, I would've tended to try and get the current wingers to use their weaker feet and save £17 million.
      I don't think that is a realistic aim for senior players from a caoching perspective, but maybe it's something that can be done with younger players. You'd also have to be sure that the football club would be wedded to inverted wingers 5-10 years from now.

Out and out touchline wingers are redundant in modern football, the role given to wing-backs.
      I brought up the winger thing because when JB is asked to play RW/RM for Iran / Brighton he is not playing as much in the spaces he thrived in while he was in Holland; he is forced to operate from deeper which give him more of the classic wide man duties; playing / chasing low % direct passes. He tries to play some neat combinations in those areas and then gets forward, but he doesn't carry the ball forward from there too well. He doesn't deliver many great winding crosses bending from deep (I recall his assist for Azmoun vs Algeria and one two similar crosses at AZ, but most of his succesful crosses at AZ were cutbacks or along the ground with pace). I take your point about space in the Eredevisie, but he also played in a team that was contending for European places; they were looking to dictate the game rather than react to it, and so he was inhabiting the final third much more, and not by himself either. When he is asked to play in a more reactionary system, he'll work hard, but he won't put up as many numbers. That's why his numbers for Iran aren't good despite playing Asian opposition.

Goals and assists aren't all he offers, of course, but if he was brought to Brighton to deliver those numbers then - unless there is a change in Brighton's system or a JB experiences a metamorphosis as a footballer - the hand doesn't match the glove, I'm afraid. On the other hand Brighton were interested in Jahanbakhsh back when he was at NEC and they were in the Championship, so Brighton have been looking at him for a long time. I can't imagine there aren't some specific plans for him that just haven't come to fruition this season because of his injuries in November / December and the Asian Cup in January. Chris Hughton said as much in one of his press conferences I think "You won't see the best of him until maybe the end of this season or until next season".

That's the one hope I have really, Brighton seems to have patient and competent forward-thinkers in charge.

Comment

In other words, 11 changes from the FA Cup starting XI vs WBA, but, not of course, the finishing XI.

Izquierdo is not yet fit enough after injury, and Andone is banned for 3 games.

Cardiff win has drawn both clubs back into the relegation scrap.

Barnes and Wood (strikers) used to play for Brighton as well as reserve left back Stephen Ward.

KO......

Comment

Brighton unlucky not to score in the first 5 minutes

Comment

March is looking decent!

Comment

Dunk gifting burnley a goal

Comment

On the bench again starting all over

Comment

Murray is a beast at 35 years of age lol.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad21 View Post
                    He played 100+ minutes just 2-3 days ago in the FA cup don’t paint it as “starting all over”

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                      He played 100+ minutes just 2-3 days ago in the FA cup don’t paint it as “starting all over”
                      He sucks anyways

Comment

He sucks anyways
                        Why do you bother posting on this thread then?
                        ***edited ***

WATVH YOUR LANGUAGE! WARNED!
                        Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 02-09-2019, 02:26 PM.

Comment

HT 0-1

Two big chances for Burnley
                          Eight quarter chances for Brighton

PS: Barnes used to hit the post lots of times with easy chances when he played for Brighton. Annoying. Glad he has reverted to type.

Attwell known as a lenient ref who does not fall for play acting.

Bruno might well have read the game better than Montoya and prevented the Burnley big chances and goal. Solly March crossing with his right foot surprise.

Comment

With all due respect, you can't live your soccer fantasies through ARJ. May be if you are not a fan of ARJ and don't have anything useful to add to this conversation, then you should just observe. Or maybe go outside kick the ball and try to get your mind off of ARJ and "his shortcomings". It is unfortunate that your posts, that are made out of frustration, add nothing to this thread.

BTW, this is not specifically directed at you but at all the angry Sunday league folks crowding this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad21
                              Stop crying
                              Farhad Majidi is trash

Comment

Wow this is not going well.
                                Tbh, now they might aswell just let AJ hop in lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X