Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kas-r View Post
    I've played football at a fairly decent level in one of the most innovative and advanced football countries in the world (Netherlands), and have experience as a pundit on various football-related forums such as Reddit. One thing I've noticed is that those living in the United States have exactly zero knowledge of the complex game that football is. You are living in a country that intrinsically lacks advanced infrastructure, which has clearly hampered your ability to understand how things work over here.
    Please spare us with your holier than thou attitude and your unsubstantiated opinion that you know more than U.S. members about soccer simply because you are from the Netherlands and you post on Reddit soccer forums. Lol. Seriously?

And you claim the U.S. lacks an advanced infrastructure? It may not be akin to the European model, but there's little doubt U.S. soccer has a very strong infrastructure such as facilities, funding, coaching, etc., which is one of the main reasons U.S. women's team is one of the best in the world.

The U.S. may lack natrual talent, interest, and desire in the sport. But lacking an infrastructure is simply false.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
      Please spare us with your holier than thou attitude and your unsubstantiated opinion that you know more than U.S. members about soccer simply because you are from the Netherlands and you post on Reddit soccer forums. Lol. Seriously?
      And you claim the U.S. lacks an advanced infrastructure? It may not be akin to the European model, but there's little doubt U.S. soccer has a very strong infrastructure such as facilities, funding, coaching, etc., which is one of the main reasons U.S. women's team is one of the best in the world.

The U.S. may lack natrual talent, interest, and desire in the sport. But lacking an infrastructure is simply false.
      Bringing U.S. women's football team into the discussion is like mentioning a completely different discipline. Its only relation to men's football, especially the one conducted in Europe at top-level, is the standard playing rules which links both professions to each other. Other than that, it is comparing apples to oranges. You guys live in a completely different sports (football) culture, which is exactly the reason why the American soccer industry is eager to import European knowledge (coaches, players, trainers, etc) to advance its existing.

Nobody takes you guys serious over here, so spare me your little Yankee sensitivies.

Comment

Bringing U.S. women's football team into the discussion is like mentioning a completely different discipline. Its only relation to men's football, especially the one conducted in Europe at top-level, is the standard playing rules which links both professions to each other. Other than that, it is comparing apples to oranges. You guys live in a completely different sports (football) culture, which is exactly the reason why the American soccer industry is eager to import European knowledge (coaches, players, trainers, etc) to advance its existing.

Nobody takes you guys serious over here, so spare me your little Yankee sensitivies.
        Just because you're from Netherlands doesn't mean you know more about soccer than someone from the US.

Just because some shit Dutch player is Dutch, doesn't mean he's a better player than Christian Pulisic, for example. (I think pulisic is overrated but he's still pretty good).

So don't bring that into your argument. Bring facts and logic.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Also, my Iranian friend ran into Anthony Knockaert who was in the stands to watch the Chelsea game, and he asked Knockaert about ARJ. Knockaert said he's very impressed with ARJ and expects him to be on fire next season, and that he's working on his strength.

Comment

Originally posted by persian_parsa View Post
            Just because you're from Netherlands doesn't mean you know more about soccer than someone from the US.

Just because some shit Dutch player is Dutch, doesn't mean he's a better player than Christian Pulisic, for example. (I think pulisic is overrated but he's still pretty good).

So don't bring that into your argument. Bring facts and logic.

No, but the average Dutch player is still better than the average U.S. player. The same with punditry.

Comment

No, but the average Dutch player is still better than the average U.S. player. The same with punditry.
              Who mentioned averages? I'm talking about a one on one person discussion on a forum. That's terrible logic if you know about statistics. I agree that an average dutch football pundit knows more than an average American football pundit. Doesn't make what you or they say right.

Doctor Oz is a certified doctor in the US, but he sells a bunch of stupid fake pseudoscience stuff all the time.

Comment

Amazing how you were able to find all the punditry in US and Netherlands, were somehow able to assign a grade to each and every one of them and finally took the average of the grades and came to the conclusion that average punditry from Netherlands is higher than US!!!! Guys give up please. People from Netherlands are all soccer experts and no one in US has a valid opinion. Sarcasm!!!

Comment

Originally posted by persian_parsa View Post
                  Who mentioned averages? I'm talking about a one on one person discussion on a forum. That's terrible logic if you know about statistics. I agree that an average dutch football pundit knows more than an average American football pundit. Doesn't make what you or they say right.

Doctor Oz is a certified doctor in the US, but he sells a bunch of stupid fake pseudoscience stuff all the time.

You seem to have reading comprehension problems. Look back at how this discussion of difference in football knowledge evolved and the arguments I have presented.

What I say isn't that difficult to understand. European level of football quality, whether in punditry, analyse or the actual game, is way above anything that is present in the United States. As a result, the likelihood of an American to be acquainted with the delicate knowledge of high-level European football is highly improbable. That is the logical result of living in a different continent with a less advanced football infrastructure. Does that say no American knows anything about football? No, but the quality of discussion lies way below than in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                    Amazing how you were able to find all the punditry in US and Netherlands, were somehow able to assign a grade to each and every one of them and finally took the average of the grades and came to the conclusion that average punditry from Netherlands is higher than US!!!! Guys give up please. People from Netherlands are all soccer experts and no one in US has a valid opinion. Sarcasm!!!
                    What is even more amazing is that this meaningless discussion made you crawl out of your anonymous and inactive hole. Wonderful!

Comment

You seem to have reading comprehension problems. Look back at how this discussion of difference in football knowledge evolved and the arguments I have presented.

What I say isn't that difficult to understand. European level of football quality, whether in punditry, analyse or the actual game, is way above anything that is present in the United States. As a result, the likelihood of an American to be acquainted with the delicate knowledge of high-level European football is highly improbable. That is the logical result of living in a different continent with a less advanced football infrastructure. Does that say no American knows anything about football? No, but the quality of discussion lies way below than in Europe.
                      Seems like you have trouble understanding logic, so there's no point arguing with you.

Sorry to derail the thread to other readers.

Let's hope Jahanbakhsh can improve his form and further his career!

Comment

I doubt he played at any decent level. He is just another blow hard kid who thinks he knows it all because he gets to say inane stuff on Reddit. Came across many of his kind here in the U.S. while playing high school, select, college and as a coach for clubs as well as state and regional ODP, they were laughed off the field in 3 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by zahedika View Post
                          I doubt he played at any decent level. He is just another blow hard kid who thinks he knows it all because he gets to say inane stuff on Reddit. Came across many of his kind here in the U.S. while playing high school, select, college and as a coach for clubs as well as state and regional ODP, they were laughed off the field in 3 seconds.
                          I'd hoped you realized by now that the American analogies don't work when applied to Europe. You guys are living in a fantasy world.

Comment

Fine you are Cruyff's reincarnation and were the best player on you side of the street in Amsterdam. Go pundit on Reddit, I will not engage you on your BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
                              Saturday, 2nd March 2019 15:00 UT

PREMIER LEAGUE

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Huddersfield Town

Amex Stadium

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/12...n-Huddersfield

Getting ready to go.

Comment

This is a must win!

I don't even care at this point of AJ gets to play, but it would be awesome if he scored a goal here and got BHA the 3 points.

Comment

Working...
                                X