No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like when many of us watch Brighton games, we're only watching him and not the game/whole team. We watch his movement off the ball, we see when people don't pass him the ball and he seems open. Every touch- good or bad- is magnified because we watch it that way. I almost want to watch the matches and focus only on March or Locadia or someone as an experiment to see how much it pisses me off but I don't have the time... Anyway, I'm still enjoying getting to see an Iranian play without having to stream it from a bootleg sight.

Comment

Originally posted by oreosx11 View Post
      I feel like when many of us watch Brighton games, we're only watching him and not the game/whole team. We watch his movement off the ball, we see when people don't pass him the ball and he seems open. Every touch- good or bad- is magnified because we watch it that way. I almost want to watch the matches and focus only on March or Locadia or someone as an experiment to see how much it pisses me off but I don't have the time... Anyway, I'm still enjoying getting to see an Iranian play without having to stream it from a bootleg sight.
      yes that is what i am doing too. watching only ARJ. I watch Brighton play only when ARJ is in the starting line-up. if he is not in the starting lineup, I track the score using google and if the stats show that he has come on as a sub, I will then switch channel to the Brighton match. I care only about how he plays.
      A Singapore girl who supports Iran Football

Comment

I hope Jahanbakhsh hits his stride, but it's way too early to make strong judgements. He needs at least 1 full season under his belt.

The unfortunate side of professional soccer today, especially in the EPL, is if you mess up more than 1-2 dribbles in a row, you're at a risk of being subbed out or benched, cuz there's always someone breathing down ur neck.

If I was the coach, hell, even if jahanbakhsh messed up 3 dribbles in a row, i wouldnt punish him cuz I have faith in his skillset. On the 4th attempt he'd get it.

Point is: I dont blame ARJ for getting rid of the ball quickly. I just hope the coach shows him enough faith to express himself adequately on the field.

Comment

I think our opinions are biased and based on our expectations as well. As Iran fans we have high expectation of ARJ and based on that we want him to play like Messi every time he is on the field, when he doesn’t we are equally disappointed and the pendulum shifts and we berate him. It’s all based on our expectations.

Comment

Brighton & Hove Albion

Premier League after 26 games
            2017-18: Albion 27 points, -14 goal difference, 13th.
            Premier League after 26 games
            2018-19: Albion 27 points, -11 goal difference, 14th.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post

ARJ zero goals in EPL thus far...
              CQ no hardware in 8 years...

Some see other points to the above like ARJ was injured...team play is poor or that CQ had to deal with so much hashieh...others don't feel as strongly about those reasons and point to other factors...who is accurate? Let's stop mud slinging each other and respect each other's opinions and be civil...wtf some junior member tells me to put down the PlayStation controller like...what is that?! It's a discussion forum stop telling people how to post and think! No one has the right opinion or belief...it's all subjective!

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
              Lol mate Im not a junior member and def didnt mean to slight you with that. I just was wondering what you expected Jahanbakhsh to do in the 25 minutes he was on against a Parked Burnley 2 goals down.

If I came across as too blunt forgive me.

Of course we can use stats to make many arguments. Most of the negative events in Iranian history like the coup and the revolution were because of information presented in a specific way to specific audiences.

IMO, he needs more time before we judge his Brighton legacy. I remember how much Azmoun struggled in the beginning then he clicked in his team.

My metric for ARJ is starting and his teams winning/getting points when he plays as the next step.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                How can you determine who has an accurate opinion? Maybe one person judges ARJ on his goal scoring, another his contract, or even against what his team has done. Maybe some view his return and ability to just crack the lineup in an EPL team as successful. These are just opinions.

Unfortunately Iranian football fans have one mentality...you are with me or you do not know football. CQ learned this well and exploited it to some degree...Some members get into a tiff because some of us feel ARJ is not living up to his potential...maybe there are reasons for this...some of us rely on stats while others may factor in other pieces to his game. This is the fundamental argument in almost all aspects of our football.

ARJ zero goals in EPL thus far...
                CQ no hardware in 8 years...

Some see other points to the above like ARJ was injured...team play is poor or that CQ had to deal with so much hashieh...others don't feel as strongly about those reasons and point to other factors...who is accurate? Let's stop mud slinging each other and respect each other's opinions and be civil...wtf some junior member tells me to put down the PlayStation controller like...what is that?! It's a discussion forum stop telling people how to post and think! No one has the right opinion or belief...it's all subjective!

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
                LOL @ “respect”/“civil” then immediately next sentence “some junior member...”

ok to dorost migi...

Comment

AJB role in BHA and Team Melli are both different than his role in his Dutch club. The moments when he HAS been able to drift into the middle behind the center forward and GET the ball have been the ones where he has not only SCORED (for Team Melli) but been most dangerous.
                  He is a good player, whose season has been hampered by that long injury. They paid the most money they have paid for anyone to get him to come to Brighton, they are not going to give up on him after half a season. I think he will be fine eventually. That may take time. At this point we just gotta hope that BHA stay in the PL and don't get dragged into a relegation battle. A few wins in a row will do them a world of good. What is promising for AJB is that he starts in the FA Cup matches and anything can happen there.
                  Wishing him and all other legionnaires all the best ....
                  Personally, I am very excited for the return of Ezatollahi. I hope he makes an impact which results in him staying in England.

Comment

is it me or is JB looking more and more fat everyday

Comment

Originally posted by Hadi View Post
                      is it me or is JB looking more and more fat everyday
                      In the face I noticed the same thing. But the man is rocking the 8 pack....you know how hard a man works by his abdomen.

Comment

Our boy is bulking up, gotta compete with the physicality of the league! That or he had one too many joojeh kabobs while in Dubai

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                          I don't agree. Karimi has always been a wasteful dribbler but after his Bayern time, he became more passive, less explosive and lost his imagination. After a year or 2, he was just a waste of spot in TM.
                          He also suffered a massive knee injury at Bayern. He was never the same after that. His vision and passing was much better.
                          Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                              Our boy is bulking up, gotta compete with the physicality of the league! That or he had one too many joojeh kabobs while in Dubai
                              Bro the former is true.

They are being patient with him and want to get him more muscular for the EPL. He is probably in the bulking phase.

We know he he is naturally athletic and has an 8-pack (anyone have the photo from 2 months ago?) but I believe they are making him stronger so that he can take games by the scruff of the neck more.

We all saw benefits the EPL physical regime had for someone like Cristiano Ronaldo who went from a fit skinny 22 year old to an absolute physical freak.

In the long term, making JB into a stronger figure can only have a positive long-term result for TM.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                                Lol mate Im not a junior member and def didnt mean to slight you with that. I just was wondering what you expected Jahanbakhsh to do in the 25 minutes he was on against a Parked Burnley 2 goals down.

If I came across as too blunt forgive me.
                                To make an impact, I did not expect two goals (like Murray v WBA) but Alireza Jahanbakhsh was not required to do any defending, but had enough of the ball around the edge of the box to offload a shot and/or a key pass, which he didn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X