• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Palace is playing really well.

Shame Jahanbaksh ended up in Brighton rather than palace

Comment

just tuned in
      everytime i see cardiff im more and more impressive with their young keeper..!!

Comment

Really good game actually, Palace could be up by 3 goals now. Cardiff are committing lots of men forward so theres a ton of space behind. 2-1 Palace right now

Comment

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
          Dale Stephens is a shoe in as the best ball winner in midfield.
          Dale Stephens is NOT a good ball winner nor does he provide good defensive utility. His numbers are heavily inflated because for nearly every game of the season, Brighton has sat back and absorbed pressure and he has always had the support of Propper defensively due to Hughton's conservative tactics. Ive seen him rounded countless times by more agile midfielders and forwards and he is horribly slow when it comes to covering ground/back tracking.

In just under 30 of his appearances Brighton has still conceded 44 goals, so even if he is 'ball winning' anyone who has followed brightons games knows that its not the useful sort, its the sort that is followed by a hoof back the opposition center backs. On top of all of this he kills the pace of Brightons midfield to a staggering degree; simply turning and switching play looks like an ordeal from him. He is not the sort of player that is suited to a side that wants to consistently play in the top flight, simple as that.

Edit: Propper, not Gross
          Last edited by TM4LIFE; 05-04-2019, 12:47 PM.

Comment

cardiff playing better and with more sense of urgency this half
            came very close to equalizing twice already...
            55' still 2-1 CP
            nerves... essentially the main difference between the two sides ...
            one side with nothing to gain or loose, just thrown out there to do as they see fit on the pitch ...! other a nervous side, playing hard for their EPL lives not finishing off their final touches...!
            hopefully the score will stand .....! with BHA assured of EPL survival, CH will certainly be more attacking and experimental in his game tactics to finish off the season....hence a better chance for minutes for ARJ and hopefully to get off his goose egg in his offensive stats ...! something to build on for next season..!!

yup 3-1 now

Comment

2 games left

Arsenal
              Manchester City

hopefully he can have a good showing

Comment

Well Brighton survives for this season regardless of the results in the next two games. A bit undeserved, but hey thats life. I wonder what the coach does now knowing that they are guaranteed survival. Will he crawl out of his defensive shell and give us something woth watching?!!!
                Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                  Dale Stephens is NOT a good ball winner nor does he provide good defensive utility. His numbers are heavily inflated because for nearly every game of the season, Brighton has sat back and absorbed pressure and he has always had the support of Propper defensively due to Hughton's conservative tactics. Ive seen him rounded countless times by more agile midfielders and forwards and he is horribly slow when it comes to covering ground/back tracking.
                  In just under 30 of his appearances Brighton has still conceded 44 goals, so even if he is 'ball winning' anyone who has followed brightons games knows that its not the useful sort, its the sort that is followed by a hoof back the opposition center backs. On top of all of this he kills the pace of Brightons midfield to a staggering degree; simply turning and switching play looks like an ordeal from him. He is not the sort of player that is suited to a side that wants to consistently play in the top flight, simple as that.
                  Edit: Propper, not Gross
                  I did not say Dale Stephens was good, just that he was only player (therefore a shoe-in) dictated to breaking up play in midfield. Stephens was a pre-Houghton signing.

BHA might get overrun in midfield with Stephens in the team, but they certainly will without him, especially if Pröpper is missing as well.

I would take a winger off and have an extra midfielder to try and enjoy more possession of the ball.

Comment

I did not say Dale Sephens was good, just that he was only player (therefore a shoe-in) dictated to breaking up play in midfield. Stephens was a pre-Houghton signing.

BHA might get overrun in midfield with Stephens in the team, but they certainly will without him, especially if Pröpper is missing as well.

I would take a winger off and have an extra midfielder to try and enjoy more possession of the ball.
                    possession doesn't mean anything if you cannot put 5 strings of balls together, you cannot do anything if you don't have the potential players to be able to feed the attackers!

Comment

I did not say Dale Sephens was good, just that he was only player (therefore a shoe-in) dictated to breaking up play in midfield. Stephens was a pre-Houghton signing.

I personally think Stephens should not even be on this team.

Comment

Well, they somehow avoided relegation, CH must arrange an attacking squad for their remaining 2 games if he wants to keep his job. This is probably ARJ's last chance to show something.

Comment

Dale Stephens makes Azadegan midfielders look good. Really strange why he gets sucked off so hard in Brighton... I literally can't name one good quality about him

-Slow
                          -Poor passing
                          -No shot
                          -can't dribble
                          -loses ball easily

He had a decent stint as a CDM/CM in the Championship but he's useless in the EPL.

Comment

I’m not surprised that after Hughton’s comments from the front page that we will see the best of ARJ next season that we only see him play a bit part role in the last two games.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                              I’m not surprised that after Hughton’s comments from the front page that we will see the best of ARJ next season that we only see him play a bit part role in the last two games.
                              Except that Chris Houghton should have no say in what happens with Brighton players next season, as there's no way he should not get sacked at end of this season.

Comment

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D5z0-20WwAAxIos.jpg:large

Jahanbakhsh will play today!

Comment

Working...
                                X