Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Farbod View Post
    No, I don't think Jahanbakhsh has played poorly. But I think he went to the wrong team. Brighton will never be a team that will showcase or get the most from a player like Jahanbakhsh. Way too conservative and defensive minded for a player like Jahanbakhsh that needs a wide open offensive system to give him the space he needs to be successful.
    Simple as that! ARJ hardly ever performs well in TM precisely because of the same reason. He went to the wrong team.
    This Color
    Italy, EsEs, Chelsea, Lakers

Comment

No, I don't think Jahanbakhsh has played poorly. But I think he went to the wrong team. Brighton will never be a team that will showcase or get the most from a player like Jahanbakhsh. Way too conservative and defensive minded for a player like Jahanbakhsh that needs a wide open offensive system to give him the space he needs to be successful.
      You also need to consider two factors:
      1) The gap between Dutch and EPL
      2) He will never get the same space in EPL, doesn't matter the team, unless you play for a top 4-5 clubs, which is unlikely to happen in his case.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
        You also need to consider two factors:
        1) The gap between Dutch and EPL
        2) He will never get the same space in EPL, doesn't matter the team, unless you play for a top 4-5 clubs, which is unlikely to happen in his case.
        Eh. I think this is blown out of proportion. I really don't think the issue is that he needs to get used to the EPL. It's a style issue. Happens when he plays for TM when in in that tactic as well, even against teams like Syria. He thrives in an offensive and aggressive system. His skill set suffers greatly when he's asked to track back and stay close to wingbacks as a defender.
        "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Eh. I think this is blown out of proportion. I really don't think the issue is that he needs to get used to the EPL. It's a style issue. Happens when he plays for TM when in in that tactic as well, even against teams like Syria. He thrives in an offensive and aggressive system. His skill set suffers greatly when he's asked to track back and stay close to wingbacks as a defender.
          Styles of EPL clubs simplified: http://www.espn.co.uk/soccer/english...he-danger-zone

I don't think it is really as simple as explained. e.g. Brighton and Team Melli and Newcastle will both try to be better on the ball in a possession-style play if circumstances and opposition dictate. Possession style football requires not losing the ball under challenge, something Brighton have not performed as well this season, after being one of the better clubs last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Equalizer View Post
            Simple as that! ARJ hardly ever performs well in TM precisely because of the same reason. He went to the wrong team.
            Well, then what team should he have gone to? A different leauge?

Jahanbakhsh does put in defensive work, I can't remeber who it was on here that said the opposite, but that's not true. He can play defensively and track back, more significantly at AC 2015.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq-DgLUH80o/

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
              Well, then what team should he have gone to? A different leauge?

Jahanbakhsh does put in defensive work, I can't remeber who it was on here that said the opposite, but that's not true. He can play defensively and track back, more significantly at AC 2015.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq-DgLUH80o/
              Very much a clash of styles influences results in the EPL. Brighton choose to play their way out of the press (esp. vs. Liverpool, Watford, Huddersfield, Man City). This requires technique and fitness in confined spaces esp by the full backs and wingers. Players signed from the Dutch League have to learn how to do it w/o mistakes.

It is no coincidence that the established players are better at it. Also, the respective styles of Man United, Fulham, Southampton, Palace are easier to look good against and to retain possession playing the ball out of defence. Because they do not press with such high intensity and sometimes hardly at all.

Pressing is not very good played by teams that do not do it properly as it leaves them open to long pass counter attacks.

I've been a bit disappointed this season with Brighton's possession football and selective pressing.

Comment

BHA down 0-1 @ HT vs Burnley

one of those somewhat winnable games they need to take at least a point from to keep the positive momentum going forward.

Murray on the bench for this one in favor of Andone, but doubtful for long into second half if score remains same. Chris should play both and drop one back a little, at least till they get back on level terms..!

any good links ? please share..!

Comment

Had ARJ been available, surely woulda been brought on today in 2nd half ..!
                  63’ double change for BHA
                  Murray & Locadia brought on for Andone & knockeard
                  I woulda kept Andone & just subbed Murray to combine with him

Comment

I think March has had some good efforts in this game, good to see!

Comment

lost 0-1
                      definitely deserved a draw
                      lots of close chances off set-pieces to equalize and it wasnt to be

March played a very solid all around game (in the 2nd half that i saw) ...! had a couple of good efforts from top of the box which went inches wide... and served in some great crosses and as usual hustled and seemed involved all over the pitch.

knockaerd didnt look all too reassuring in possession and rightfully subbed out ...!
                      i think a healthy ARJ looks a definite upgrade over Knockaerd and Izzquirdo ...!
                      I like to see Alireza start or brought on next game as a Left Winger ..! that young LB, Bernardo was brilliant once agin this match, so ARJ wouldnt have to track back as much to help him defensively and the kid has a stamina and energy to combine well with him going forward..!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                        lost 0-1
                        definitely deserved a draw
                        lots of close chances off set-pieces to equalize and it wasnt to be

March played a very solid all around game (in the 2nd half that i saw) ...! had a couple of good efforts from top of the box which went inches wide... and served in some great crosses and as usual hustled and seemed involved all over the pitch.

knockaerd didnt look all too reassuring in possession and rightfully subbed out ...!
                        i think a healthy ARJ looks a definite upgrade over Knockaerd and Izzquirdo ...!
                        I like to see Alireza start or brought on next game as a Left Winger ..! that young LB, Bernardo was brilliant once agin this match, so ARJ wouldnt have to track back as much to help him defensively and the kid has a stamina and energy to combine well with him going forward..!
                        brightons performances have gone up a lot with the inclusion of the new signings, bernardo, andone, balogun has been decent, montoya, bissouma improving. Yes, there is always a period where new signings need to be eased in, but many of us knew these guys were higher quality to the mediocre players brighton had. In retrospect i think CH was too conservative in bedding them in, could have gotten more pts if he had done so sooner. But nevertheless, they are still in an excellent position. Once ARJ clicks they will have an attacking player of real pedigree to go along with gross. And now the forward line is looking much better with andone a real good option. Lets hope he gets into form in the next few matches, I have a feeling he will after this break which allowed him to rest his mind and body.

Comment

Now I understand why CH doesn't seem to have total confidence in Kockeart... what a poor performance by him today! He's either there or completely absent! On a positive note, it was a great game by March, I still think Kayal should play instead of Bissouma!

Side note: I think Locadia can do decent if he gets the chance to start and play a full match! He needs to be given the chance!

Comment

I think it all went to plan, except for the bit about losing 0-1. James Tarkowski was the difference.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/12...rnley-Brighton

There has been no improvement in open play this season for Brighton from last. Worse if anything. Set pieces have improved both in defence and attack from a very low baseline. Ryan has improved in goal. Blowing a bit luke warm and cold just like last season as well. Opposition has been about the same as well.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showth...last-5-seasons

In short, this match was more like last season in which we were slightly better on the ball.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46409329

Comment

Davy Propper, signed from PSV Eindhoven at the start of last season, said: "It's still the same as the first few matches I came here.

"It's a difficult transition, a lot more physical and quicker.

"You had time to control the ball (in Holland) and here you get smashed!

"That's the big difference. I am used to it now, maybe not to getting smashed, but thinking quicker and acting quicker."

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/172...remier-league/

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
                                Tarkowski was the difference.
                                Do you agree with Dr K that Tarkovski's Solaris was matched by the Soderbergh remake?

https://twitter.com/kermodemovie/sta...326656?lang=en

Comment

Working...
                                X