No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best part is going on instagram and seeing all the #hughtonout posts by Iranians on Brighton's page just because Jahanbakhsh didn't play..
    They realize Brighton just beat United right??

Comment

It's funny to watch NBCSN commentators in the U.S. keep talking about how MU lost the game as if BHAFC had not much to do with it

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
        I watched the entire game. Brighton played well. I became a Brighton fan when Jahanbaksh joined the team. I also understand that the manager CH wants to ease him in. To be honest with him not getting a single minute, it doesn't appear that he wants to do so. I'm very dissapointed. Jahanbakhsh joined the team having had other offers (one of them being leicester). He joined Brighton because he said he felt wanted. Looking at Leicester's lineup I have a feeling that Jahanbakhsh would have already been a regular by now! I feel bad for him. I don't think I will watch the following games anymore. I will support the team but I hope to see him play. What a waste of talent and money if they don't play him regularly to be honest. Alireza might soon regret his decision not have gone to Leicester. He listened to his heart but he should have maybe listened to his brain!
        This is the problem with Iranian loyalty, it does no good for us in football as seen in many cases. He initially wanted to join Brighton 3 years ago, but didn't and a couple of fans were angry at him. This year in a way he "pressured" to join Brighton because that's the loyalty we see in Iranian football. I hope the reason why he was depressed at the end of the game had nothing to do with his club choice however.

Comment

^ it's an absolute disgrace - I don't get the thought process. Are they bored? Or just so used to the wreckage that is PGL that they don't understand how the Premier League work

Comment

This is an embarrassing thread, I am sorry. We really don't deserve nice things. I'm seeing comments on BHA's Instagram, and I want a one way tickt to Mars. Get me off this world, so bad !!
            Manager in easing a player joining from a much worse league into the new fast paced league shocker. I've wondered where it's happened before.
            He'll play when the coach thinks he's ready for the pace of the league and he shows consistent form in training.
            Don't joke yourself, Eredivise is an absolute joke of a league where AZ got trounced by Kazakhstan and Feyenoord got raped by Slovakia in Europa League. It'll take a bit for AJB to get used to having 2 seconds on the ball to make up his mind, compared to the 7-8 secs he'd have in that amateur league in Holland.
            Plus, seeing HBA's very tough opening fixtures, it's no surrpise Houghton want to take the most cautious approach to ensure his team isn't dead adrift by end of match day 7 when they are done this horrific run of fixtures. If AJB isn't starting by early October or at least getting consistent meaningful game time, then you can be worried.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
              You don't spend 17-25 million pounds and not play a guy. Have some patience folks.

And of course JB is upset being on the bench. A player that is happy on the bench can kiss his career goodbye.
              Gareth Bale was on the bench for Real Madrid last season, does that mean he should kiss his career goodbye ? and he was one of the most expensive players in history.
              Some of the greatest United strikers came off the bench. Ole gunner and Teddy Sheringham.

People need to calm down here. Football is a team sport. You need to contribute to the team even if you're on the bench.
              out of context but this reminds of the pep talk Lebron James had in his son's game.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                This is the problem with Iranian loyalty, it does no good for us in football as seen in many cases. He initially wanted to join Brighton 3 years ago, but didn't and a couple of fans were angry at him. This year in a way he "pressured" to join Brighton because that's the loyalty we see in Iranian football. I hope the reason why he was depressed at the end of the game had nothing to do with his club choice however.
                DEPRESSED! Give me a break! The guy was smiling and doing slap shakes with people when walking to the tunnel. The man is a consummate professional. He just watched his team beat the team that has won more trophies than any other club in English football and you think he is depressed. Give ARJ more credit, he is too mature to be 'unhappy' or 'depressed' because he justifiably didn't get any minutes.

Comment

Time to take a break from PFDC

Comment

Yea, you know... if only Gerrard and Totti had been less loyal to their clubs, they would have had better careers.

We need to stop making sh*t up to support our beliefs and stick to reality

Comment

Brighton perfectly handled United without fielding Jahanbakhsh, and had no reason to sub him for a brilliantly playing Knockaert.

Iran has the worst emotional fanboyism among its sport community. These immature kids should realize that Alireza hasn't shown anything significant on Premier League level throughout his whole career. The Eredivisie nowadays belongs to the poorest leagues in Europe.

Having said that, Alireza is a talented kid and will get his chance at Brighton. Patience is everything.

Comment

Originally posted by oreosx11 View Post
                        Yea, you know... if only Gerrard and Totti had been less loyal to their clubs, they would have had better careers.

We need to stop making sh*t up to support our beliefs and stick to reality
                        Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                        DEPRESSED! Give me a break! The guy was smiling and doing slap shakes with people when walking to the tunnel. The man is a consummate professional. He just watched his team beat the team that has won more trophies than any other club in English football and you think he is depressed. Give ARJ more credit, he is too mature to be 'unhappy' or 'depressed' because he justifiably didn't get any minutes.
                        Can you all not assume and read what I wrote as it is. I said I hope everything is OK with JB because he did look sad at the end of the match regardless of what the cause is and I noticed other members notice the same. Can I not wish for one's well being without you all freaking out and trying to turn this into an argument?

Comment

Can you all not assume and read what I wrote as it is. I said I hope everything is OK with JB because he did look sad at the end of the match regardless of what the cause is and I noticed other members notice the same. Can I not wish for one's well being without you all freaking out and trying to turn this into an argument?
                          Where did he even look sad??? Lmao he was literally smiling and clapping towards the stands as he exited the stadium with the rest of the players...

Also, thank god Jahanbakhsh joined a decent team like Brighton and not a shitty one like Leicester, who lost to the same United team 2-1 LOL

Comment

Originally posted by PouriaAkaBarut View Post
                            Gareth Bale was on the bench for Real Madrid last season, does that mean he should kiss his career goodbye ? and he was one of the most expensive players in history.
                            Some of the greatest United strikers came off the bench. Ole gunner and Teddy Sheringham.

People need to calm down here. Football is a team sport. You need to contribute to the team even if you're on the bench.
                            out of context but this reminds of the pep talk Lebron James had in his son's game.

Read my post again. I'm saying no player is happy to be on the bench. It doesn't mean their career is over. I'm saying if a player isn't motivated to get off the bench then they're done.

Comment

All I can tell you guys is that although Ali didn’t play today, I sure as hell enjoyed watching this match with my father.

To be able to watch games with my dad again after so many years is a special feeling.

Him and I used to wake up and watch Osasuna matches on GolTV every Saturday or Sunday back in the day. So to watch and follow a club from a top European league who has one of our players again is a nice feeling. Even when say Masoud and Javad didn’t play we still supported Osasuna for our boys.

Anyways, I’m sure we will see more from Jahanbakhsh! He knows the English game is a different one and he will have to work even harder and to adapt. But he will because he’s Alireza Jahanbakhsh. The MOST professional Iranian football player today. God bless him! Such a great feeling

Comment

Great win by Brighton. The fact that ARJ didn't play doesn't mean much. There is an acclimation period and honestly, it will take a bit of time. Eredivisie to EPL is a huge leap, he needs time - but once he is settled, better believe your last dollar he will play a big positive part in Brighton's future.

Comment

Working...
                                X