Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
    I suggest rewatching the game, he had 3 bad passes. You aren’t here to watch Brighton play, you are here to watch Jahanbakhsh play, that’s the truth of it. Once in the blue moon you turn on your TV and saw JB is playing and say hey let’s see how he does...

I still don’t get why you are bringing my club team into this affair. Let’s say he did join Leicester (who nearly plays the same as Brighton only slightly more attacking) would you all still blame Jahanbakhsh if he had a game like this or Leicester players? Are you going to blame star defender Maguire? Danish NT GK Schmiechel? Perreira?

Or in your case let’s say he went to Arsenal... Would you turn against your own team and blame them all for the loss only because you have Jahanbakhsh playing there? No you wouldn’t!
    Dude u are missing the point so hard LOL

If ARJ was to blame for my teams downfall, then sure, I would of course blame him.

The problem is, he literally DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG. One or two bad passes doesn't make you an bad player. So stop overreacting. He literally played 20 minutes as a substitute role...

Did you watch the game is a better question???

Comment

Albion 1 Burnley 3

Alireza Jahanbakhsh came on at 65 minutes (long enough for a sub) and enjoyed 14 touches of the ball, 13 of which were attacking positions on the right hand side of the penalty area, all of which could have provided a final ball or shot. Ball control was acceptable and two of the passes (80% accurate) were OK but not good enough.

Probably not as good as Locadia would have managed but he would have shot twice and he could have mishit one that deceived Heaton. AJ got the ball enough and he can't blame his team mates. Burnley left less room than the Eredivisie. AJ was not required to defend at all.

One goal (from a defender) in six and a half hours at home.

Bissouma played deeper and played 24 passes at 92% accuracy.

Albion v Burnley

Passing stats

Cross 41-8
      FK 4-7
      Corner 9-3
      Through ball 0-2
      Key 12-5

Long 77-78
      Short 523-206

Final third 220-92

Clearances 8-55

Comment

I think he's got some self confidence problems. he needs to believe in his skills and ability. when he does that it'll be the old jahanbakhsh

Comment

Everything was ARJ's fault including the 2 goals he wasn't on the field for.
          Great analysis.

Comment

Chris Hughton has been a terible manger the past month or two. Really questionable line up, and experimenting with an ineffective 4-3-3 formation.

He's lucky there are alot of shit teams in the EPL this year, otherwise Brighton would be in some deep shit right now.

I feel like they will finish 17th and barely hang on.

Comment

Brighton got robbed pretty badly but they absolutely gifted Burnley the other 2 goals. God they remind me of TM, even stopped defending so they could yell at the ref like TM too.

AJ had come on for around 20 minutes. He was trying to make a run through the central channel several times but a ball was never attempted in that lane. Wasn’t instructed to stay wide as you could tell from his occupation of Burnley’s CB’s. I think Hughton was trying to get Bissouma to drive at them and link up with AJ centrally, instead of being overly reliant on Bong’s terrible crossing. Made one sloppy pass and one bad cross; rest of the time he was trying to run into space more centrally.

Frustrating game. Don’t feel Burnley deserved that score line. Home games from now on have 0 room for error with Brighton, they need to find answers. I wish Hughton tried to find more backups centrally during the January window.

Comment

It’s clear that BHA is just not that good of a team. ARJ was hustling to get open on every possession for 20 minutes straight, and still not much passing to him from his teammates. On the contrary, every time he got possession, he passed selflessly without showboating. Obviously I’m biased, but the team and CH are not using him to his full potential.

Side note: his intro as a sub was met with huge applause from the fans today.

Comment

The truth of the matter is that we can’t entirely judge JB’s true fit for premiership until he has been given a number of full 90 minutes. That had started until he picked up an injury against Everton.

Having said that the style of Brighton play with long balls and so many crosses for their veteran goal-getter, grafting for results, agreed not having full cooperation of his teammates are factors that come into play every time he gets few minutes.

In my view JB should mix his desire to be a team-player with some selfish play, have more goes by dribbling and head for goalpost and have more direct shots at the goal.

Houghton paid club-record for him, yet in his selections he continues to try to please everyone. Either give the boy few games or sell him on in the Summer. The time For pussyfooting over his need to acclimatize with EPL is over.
                  sigpic
                  Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
                    The truth of the matter is that we can’t entirely judge JB’s true fit for premiership until he has been given a number of full 90 minutes. That had started until he picked up an injury against Everton.

Having said that the style of Brighton play with long balls and so many crosses for their veteran goal-getter, grafting for results, agreed not having full cooperation of his teammates are factors that come into play every time he gets few minutes.

In my view JB should mix his desire to be a team-player with some selfish play, have more goes by dribbling and head for goalpost and have more direct shots at the goal.

Houghton paid club-record for him, yet in his selections he continues to try to please everyone. Either give the boy few games or sell him on in the Summer. The time For pussyfooting over his need to acclimatize with EPL is over.
                    i feel from the couple games i've watched that he is there to deliver the passes when he gets them and isn't really given instructions to actually do something, but also comes back to his own confidence.

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks that AJ is disliked or shunned by his teammates?

I don't think it's his skillsets that makes him so underwhelming, I think the problem is that he does not belong to the core group of the team. And this might make him more afraid of doing his own thing and making his own decisions while on the pitch, while at the same time not wanting to take too much space for himself.

I still remember the first game this season against Watford when, in my opinion, AJ was the best player on the pitch even if he got subbed in somewhere in 70th minute. I think he felt more entitled to take up space in the team back then, but someone might have told him not to do so, or his teammates behaviour made him feel unwanted or something.

I think this because his performance has only gotten worse over time imho.

EDIT:
                      Yesterday during the game it looked like AJ didn't want to have the ball at all. As soon as the ball came his way he tried to get rid of it somewhere rather than take the ball and make a run in on the defence.

Comment

Originally posted by happydoggo View Post
                        Am I the only one who thinks that AJ is disliked or shunned by his teammates?

I don't think it's his skillsets that makes him so underwhelming, I think the problem is that he does not belong to the core group of the team. And this might make him more afraid of doing his own thing and making his own decisions while on the pitch, while at the same time not wanting to take too much space for himself.

I still remember the first game this season against Watford when, in my opinion, AJ was the best player on the pitch even if he got subbed in somewhere in 70th minute. I think he felt more entitled to take up space in the team back then, but someone might have told him not to do so, or his teammates behaviour made him feel unwanted or something.

I think this because his performance has only gotten worse over time imho.

EDIT:
                        Yesterday during the game it looked like AJ didn't want to have the ball at all. As soon as the ball came his way he tried to get rid of it somewhere rather than take the ball and make a run in on the defence.
                        I agree with this sentiment. It's almost like he's been instructed to make the direct pass rather than play the ball and attack the goal. Konckert literally took the ball off his feet vs wba.

I respect JB for having the tokme to go to the epl but the more I watch I can't help but feel our players are better suited for clubs in la liga, bundesliga or Seria A. This league is direct, rough nose football. There is no tact, flair or.creativity. I'm not saying there aren't flashes of brilliance but for the most part this is direct, hoof it, force play style of football that's not suited for any Iranian other than maybe ezzatolahi.

That being said. If he can establish his place on this squad, earn his keep and adapt to this style of football he will become an anomoly & an asset to Iranian football. Bagheri and andarnik couldn't do it an they were infinitely more garden koloft than JB.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Bundesliga would definitely be the easier place for any attacking player. There's kids from the premiership who can't get a kick for their clubs going over there and tearing the league apart thanks to the lack of emphasis on defending and their openness. But I'm quite positive ARJ will learn more in the prem through these struggles than he would by banging in 4 goals every week against Bayern Bratwurst.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                            Bundesliga would definitely be the easier place for any attacking player. There's kids from the premiership who can't get a kick for their clubs going over there and tearing the league apart thanks to the lack of emphasis on defending and their openness. But I'm quite positive ARJ will learn more in the prem through these struggles than he would by banging in 4 goals every week against Bayern Bratwurst.
                            Bundesliga will take away creativity and make a machine out of our players! Look at Karimi and his post Bayern time. Spain and Italy are better. Even a big team in the French league is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubxl152 View Post
                              I agree with this sentiment. It's almost like he's been instructed to make the direct pass rather than play the ball and attack the goal. Konckert literally took the ball off his feet vs wba.
                              I respect JB for having the tokme to go to the epl but the more I watch I can't help but feel our players are better suited for clubs in la liga, bundesliga or Seria A. This league is direct, rough nose football. There is no tact, flair or.creativity. I'm not saying there aren't flashes of brilliance but for the most part this is direct, hoof it, force play style of football that's not suited for any Iranian other than maybe ezzatolahi.
                              That being said. If he can establish his place on this squad, earn his keep and adapt to this style of football he will become an anomoly & an asset to Iranian football. Bagheri and andarnik couldn't do it an they were infinitely more garden koloft than JB.
                              Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
                              i agree with a lot you said but not with the ando part. Ando did very good considering his lack of skillset and his low salary. He was not a good passer of the game and not a good EPL standard of player when the team was in posession. But when the other team had posession he was a very very good and modern type of player

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                                i agree with a lot you said but not with the ando part. Ando did very good considering his lack of skillset and his low salary. He was not a good passer of the game and not a good EPL standard of player when the team was in posession. But when the other team had posession he was a very very good and modern type of player
                                You can't even say Bagheri couldn't do it. The poor guy got a bad injury and at the same time, his father died. He was not the same player after that anywhere he played.

Comment

Working...
                                X