Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
    If we go down, we'll be a much more dominant attacking side, so would hopefully show us what he can do.
    first off, its hard to imagine the bold with CH in charge still.?? and the current lot of CMs @ the club, regardless of Championship vs EPL opposition quality..!!
    ARJ's style of play isnt particularly suited to mostly very direct, often kickNrush and highly aggressive/physical and in-your-face nature of Championship..!!
    In general, He mostly thrives in Mostly attacking systems, especially so with QUALITY supporting cast around him..! he combines well enough with quality players around him and can sense defensive soft spots brilliantly and make very intelligent penetrating runs, has a good nose for goal and possess a tremendous outside shot on him, but only if given time and space to offload it ..!
    his biggest problem as a player, especially as a winger is that his technical/dribbling skills are very limited and he lacks the fancy footwork required @ high-level leagues to unsettle his immediate marker and even fast enough of a pace to just speed-move past his man on the wing, in highly contentious leagues..!

in short, he doesnt cope well with aggressive/in your face defenders and either requires more space to operate than he'd likely to be afforded at EPL/Championship or at least require high quality CMs/AM/Sriker who are in-tune with his moves and able to do quick combinations and giveNgo to get him out of the jam and send him on his way forward to cause havoc in the final 3rd and to provide good service to the strikers, which he is more than capable of doing..!

to top it off, he is a bit injury-prone and there are way too many games played at championship with too little rest in between for a adequate recovery..!
    high chance of running into many hackers , scrubs and dirty players on the fringe who are desperate to make it big or have their careers bust...!
    frequently dreadful playing conditions and miserable weather..!
    highly passionate/way too football-consumed English Fan-Base who are extremely impatient and highly critical/negative/ and often downright miserable folks/fans who cant wait for a chance to slate down/boo and get on the back of their players or @ a very least, off-load their pent up frustrations with often sarcastic and smart-ass remarks..!

ohm and most importantly from my own perspective Shittt TV coverage of Championship games and Streams availability for us folks living outside of UK..!

Comment

I will admit that before this season I genuinely though Alireza had the potential and talent that could produce results comparable to Son. Looking at his season with AZ that is far from a ‘delusional’ sentiment. It’s just astonishing how you see a player make a complete 180 in his play style and ability over the course of one season. I honestly still feel like he could have a breakthrough and shock some people because it just makes ZERO sense to me how you can go from shitting goals out week in week out to making passes into empty grass 3 times a game.

Agreed that by now he should have produced SOMETHING given all the time he has had. Agreed that he looks very very poor. But I can’t agree that he will always be like this and not be fit for this next step up in his career; just saw way too many good things come out of that man last season to just turn a blind eye to it.

Comment

He's mediocre at best and got a lucky break but I feel bad for him because he's such a nice and humble guy compared to many other TM players.

Comment

Waiting for all your bandwagon fans to turn on your words when he actually does great next season [wherever he may be]. Look at Azmoun and how he started scoring on a weekly immediately after a transfer since Zenit's style was much more conducive for him. The same thing can happen for Team Melli's most humble and ba-adab player.

Comment

good news is that it's a 3 or 4 year contract. if I'm AJB, my priority this summer is to:

i) bulk the hell up. he gets tossed around on the 50/50s
            ii) run. like hell. build up speed. build up stamina.

otherwise, i don't really see this working out.
            We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Let's avoid making emotional harsh judgements on the poor guy. Again, it's his first ever season in the most difficult soccer league in the world. Son that everyone is raving about, plays on Spurs--a much more offensively adept team with much better teammates than Brighton.

The same Son who is rendered completely ineffective whenever he played against team melli. Point is: on the right team a player can look amazing (Son on Spurs), then look mediocre if countered effectively (CQ's tactics), and look ordinary on a defensive team (ARJ on Brighton).

Regarding his individual dribbling abilities, getting past his marker, etc, he has more than enough for the modern game. The problem is: when your teammates cannot play good combination football, then yes, you're forced to do Messi-like skill to stand out, to which no, he doesn't possess.

Comment

I cannot believe how so many of you folks have already given up on him, writing him off based on a single lackluster display. It's not like he is in his mid 30's and nearing the end of his career. The lad is just 25 years old, still young, and not yet at peak of his footballing career which typically is between 28-31. Seriously you guys are ruthless. Either scapegoater or bandwagoner, no middle ground basically.

I bet you all anything next season should he shine 99% of you critics will worship the guy, making him sound like to God of Iranian football. Be more fair & balanced (Just like Fox News )

Comment

Originally posted by SkyeKingu View Post
                  Waiting for all your bandwagon fans to turn on your words when he actually does great next season [wherever he may be]. Look at Azmoun and how he started scoring on a weekly immediately after a transfer since Zenit's style was much more conducive for him. The same thing can happen for Team Melli's most humble and ba-adab player.
                  Exactly. It's faaaar too early to write him off. He already overcame the odds to go from Gilan to Eredivisie. I believe he will make it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                    No one is comparing ARJ to Son.
                    I drew up a comparison, noting Son scored a mere 4 goals in 28 games his debut 2015-16 season for Spurs. It was only after wanting to leave did he hit better form.

There is a main difference which I pointed out is Son has the important extra pace over ARJ and Jansson. He can also use both feet. This enables Son to be more able to play in different positions, although he is better when employed as a forward w/o any serious defending to do (i.e. when Kane is not playing).

Comment

Ali is a hardworker and if it doesn't work out in the EPL he will certainly be able to make it work somewhere in Europe.

Comment

I think no one here can really argue than Son is better than our boy. However what shouldn’t be lost here is that Son plays alongside 2 very dangerous attacking players, which leaves him with a lot of opportunities. When you are surrounded with crap, you will get shitty play. No pun intended.

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
                          I think no one here can really argue than Son is better than our boy. However what shouldn’t be lost here is that Son plays alongside 2 very dangerous attacking players, which leaves him with a lot of opportunities. When you are surrounded with crap, you will get shitty play. No pun intended.
                          That's why he always struggles against Iran.

Comment

Son also performed well in the Bundesliga before moving to Spurs. AJB hasn't played in a league other than the Dutch before moving to prem.

Comment

Originally posted by GoIran View Post
                              That's why he always struggles against Iran.
                              It might also be down to personal motives. A lot of South Koreans accuse Son of not trying for his team.

If you think about it in 2014 we beat South Korea with a much weaker team than the one we have now and two of our players were guarding that giant Korean Kim Shin Wook. The fact that Son still did nothing says a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                                I cannot believe how so many of you folks have already given up on him, writing him off based on a single lackluster display. It's not like he is in his mid 30's and nearing the end of his career. The lad is just 25 years old, still young, and not yet at peak of his footballing career which typically is between 28-31. Seriously you guys are ruthless. Either scapegoater or bandwagoner, no middle ground basically.

I bet you all anything next season should he shine 99% of you critics will worship the guy, making him sound like to God of Iranian football. Be more fair & balanced (Just like Fox News )
                                Championship is 2-3x more physical than EPL. He's already getting booed by the fans. And there won't be a single team in the world that would pay even half his wages on a loan based on his performance this season. His career is a write-off at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X