Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
    I just rewatched the highlights of yesterday’s match, Jahanbakhsh was completely at fault for the 1st goal by igniting Everton’s counterattack by not being able to take a simple corner kick. In my personal opinion, he was more at fault for the 3rd goal as well by not being able to string a simple pass that even a baby could do. He is awful, and I’m starting to see the reason why English clubs are backing from buying players from the Eredivise. All Brighton fans gave him a low rating on their forum in their player ratings section, and I’m starting to see why JB choose Brighton to steal a weekly salary. Brighton saved us once again, Leicester dodged a bullet not signing JB.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showth...on-*****/page1
    LMAO "Brighton saved us once again, Leicester dodged a bullet not signing JB."

Bro you're acting like you aren't a Team Melli fan before a Leicester fan. Come on bro...

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
      LMAO "Brighton saved us once again, Leicester dodged a bullet not signing JB."

Bro you're acting like you aren't a Team Melli fan before a Leicester fan. Come on bro...
      That quote was inside joke with Brighton fans: saved us by giving us Ulloa

But you have got to admit JB was embarrassing yesterday, he cost Brighton 2 goals and we are yet to see him have any REAL impact on a EPL match...

Comment

Originally posted by oreosx11 View Post
        Richarlison and co did not do any more pressing than average. Dunk was clearly not under much pressure when he passed to it richarlison and you'll be able to see that on replays. The defenders would choose to pass it up to March or AJ when they were marked by two everton players and they would over power their passes. We're talking about poor first touches here and ignoring that these heavily weighted pass (or izquerdo's dart at AJ's waist) are not part of the equation. AJ isn't some world class player, no one on Brighton is. Only world class players could have collected those passes half the time. The defence repeatedly passed it right back to everton midfielders. Even if you want to say they were troubled by the high press, fine, but they could have put a little air on their clearances. Izqueirdo left Coleman alone for an open rip outside the box, some blame also needs to be placed there. He was marking Coleman, then let him run free without chasing.
        I did not actually mention the press by Everton. I expect from recent performances it was just poor passing by Brighton. Not comfortable on the ball.

I expect it was the moving into positions to receive the ball that Sigurdsson and Richarlison excelled and Brighton didn't have the same quality. Plus some slapdash play from Brighton. Passing hasn't been good all season. Signs were there before in all games this season.

Tha last minute shot by ARJ was the second* bit of promise I've seen from him. Izquierdo would be capable of it but Solly March and Knockaert would struggle with the technique on a regular basis. (*The first bit was a free kick at the beginning of the Wolves game but both March and Knockaert could have matched that.)

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
          That quote was inside joke with Brighton fans: saved us by giving us Ulloa

But you have got to admit JB was embarrassing yesterday, he cost Brighton 2 goals and we are yet to see him have any REAL impact on a EPL match...
          He wasn't responsible for a single goal. It's not his fault Brighton defense was frozen Swiss cheese. Just go and support Lester.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
            Tha last minute shot by ARJ was the second* bit of promise I've seen from him.
            Not that pin-point long range free kick (just before he messed up the corner)?

No one seemed to notice that (particularly on the NSC forum), but I'd argue very few set-piece takers can pass very a long diagonal ball with such accuracy. The commentators on the british stream were certainly very impressed with that set piece.

Comment

how was he responsible for the third goal?

He lost the ball at the top of the box, brighton won the ball back, and dunk passes it to richarlison inside his own half? I know dunk is english and thus we arent allowed to criticize him because brighton fans feelings might get hurt but I think any person you ask would say that goal was dunks fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                He wasn't responsible for a single goal. It's not his fault Brighton defense was frozen Swiss cheese. Just go and support Lester.
                Of course you wouldn’t say that he was at fault for the goal, but you will say he had impact on the goal Kayal scores against Newcastle.
                Also regarding your later part, how you mind your own business and not tell who people can or can’t support? How bout dat?

I just don’t understand the logic behind this, why can Jahanbakhsh be cause of the goal against Newcastle, but when it comes to costing Brighton a goal twice he isn’t at fault and all of a sudden it’s anybody else’s but Jahanbakhsh’s fault??? Is this Bias or just pure dishonesty?

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                  Not that pin-point long range free kick (just before he messed up the corner)?
                  No one seemed to notice that (particularly on the NSC forum), but I'd argue very few set-piece takers can pass very a long diagonal ball with such accuracy. The commentators on the british stream were certainly very impressed with that set piece.
                  Missed that as I only had audio and extended highlights. Most of the Brighton players (not Bong) are capable of a long pass with 50% accuracy and are better than average (standard better than ARJ) at trapping the long ball and killing it dead. Plenty of evidence of long passes creating goals this season. My gripe is they rely on the long ball too much. Albion were too much of a hurry and were a bit slapdash all this season. Lack of successful short pass interchanges.

I think CH sees the most efficient way of getting the ball forward is the long pass. But there is not much variance and the Everton game called out for more keeping possession. It is getting the balance right.

Brighton have been losing possession and having more bad touches this season as well. I think this as a result of trying and failing to attack more after going behind in games.

I think it is a transition season, trying to integrate the younger players. But the older two with Bruno and Murray are playing better than the newcomers. It is still the injury ravaged Championship promotion team plus Ryan in goal, Pröpper (when fit replacing Sidwell) and a winger plus lot of expensive reserves or fringe players, cf: https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/211/...?stageId=13832 Not forgetting the influential Pascal Groß!

Comment

Love him to death but man he was bad on Saturday. I find it embarrassing when people on this forum talk about how terrible the players around him are. We can't blame anyone else because he is not doing the basics right - his touch was very poor, he's not showing for the ball when his teammates have it, he doesn't attack balls in the air and he couldn't take a single opponent on last week. The scary thing is that he was doing all of these little things really well in his first few sub appearances, and he looked to have quality and was getting Brighton fans excited. He seems to have gone completely backwards last game!
                    I still have hope though. He has never played in a team that gets pressed the way Brighton did yesterday, and he seems like a deer in headlights at times. He needs to get a couple good bounces and rebuild his confidence, and that could take a few more months. What makes me nervous is that these three starts were a huge, huge opportunity that he may not get again for a while.
                    ballast parcham bi boro bargard refigh negaran nabash bikhod to aslan

Comment

on the bright side, the pfdc front page article explains that he felt a kind of cramp in his hamstring (and not a hamstring pull!?) which hopefully means his injury or the reason he came out was nothing too serious. Hoping he can bounce back and push on and having better performances in the coming weeks.good morning!

Comment

Originally posted by persian_parsa View Post
                        on the bright side, the pfdc front page article explains that he felt a kind of cramp in his hamstring (and not a hamstring pull!?) which hopefully means his injury or the reason he came out was nothing too serious. Hoping he can bounce back and push on and having better performances in the coming weeks.good morning!
                        thanks for the news. and good night! it is almost 11pm here in SG
                        A Singapore girl who supports Iran Football

Comment

This podcast breaks it down. Alireza is currently statistically the worst winger on Brighton's roster. Offensive, and defensive he is objectively the worst. Skip to the 11:40 mark:

https://soundcloud.com/user-65128009...verton-cardiff

Comment

Premier League

Cardiff City vs Brighton and Hove Albion
                            12:30 pm UT Saturday 10th November
                            Cardiff City Stadium

Live on Sky Sports Premier League https://www.skysports.com/football/c...righton/390868

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                              This podcast breaks it down. Alireza is currently statistically the worst winger on Brighton's roster. Offensive, and defensive he is objectively the worst. Skip to the 11:40 mark:

https://soundcloud.com/user-65128009...verton-cardiff
                              That assessment is certainly not true & only further highlights the huge flaws with using pure stats for assessing a players performance..!
                              His defensive posturing & positioning was yet again very good, even the last match, which was arguably his worst overal outing in BHA so far..! The fact that Brighton opponents almost always opt to attacking on the opposite wing of where ARJ is playing is clear testament to his excellent defensive intangibles, which I’d guess is the byproduct of having vast experience playing for CQ, a similarly conservative & overall defensive & counterattacking coach.

Comment

Premier league has been a black hole for our players..

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
                                به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

Working...
                                X