Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
    As I said last year. I agree.
    I meant particularly for TM, but I agree for both club and country.

Comment

Premier League
      SAT 19 Jan 2019 15:00 UT

Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion

Venue: Old Trafford

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46847683

Comment

Manchester U 2 Brighton & HA 1

Manchester U 2 Brighton & HA 1

Audio + extended highlights

The class of Pogba (penalty) and Rashford made all the difference as United cruised into a deserved 2-0 first half lead, The second half was even until Pascal Groß pulled back a neat goal from open play and the late flourish could have brought an equaliser as Albion went close. The United full backs of Dalot and Ashley Young baulked any advances by the ineffectual Albion wide men of Solly March and the more central Locadia. Duffy headed an inch over the bar very late on with deGea beaten.

I expect both teams learned about their players after this close game.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/12...nited-Brighton

Comment

For our BHA friends: Jahanbakhsh scored a very important goal for Iran today in the Asian Cup Round of 16 match vs Oman! He was a bit shaky before the goal, but played much better after the goal. Hope this gives him a boost for BHA as well.

Video of goal:

Comment

The physicality and pounce on that goal screamed of someone training and playing in the prem for me. Well done Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by pres80 View Post
              The physicality and pounce on that goal screamed of someone training and playing in the prem for me. Well done Ali.
              Must have been a scary start! https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/13...2019-Iran-Oman

Operating in the striker role, swops with Mehdi Taremi

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
                Must have been a scary start! https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/13...2019-Iran-Oman

Operating in the striker role, swops with Mehdi Taremi
                Thankfully I missed the start of the match!

Comment

Precisely my thoughts!

Comment

Not only that goal but also the counter attack we had where he lofted the ball to Sardar, with Taremi trying the chip. At the beginning of it Jahanbakhsh muscles off an omani player trying to track him down; all i could think of was 'damn thats what training at PL level helped him develop'

Apart from higher fitness, I think the demand for really quick and precise ball control is something thats really huge in the PL. It seemed like he's been working on that a lot too because several times I noticed him manipulate the ball really smoothly under pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                      Not only that goal but also the counter attack we had where he lofted the ball to Sardar, with Taremi trying the chip. At the beginning of it Jahanbakhsh muscles off an omani player trying to track him down; all i could think of was 'damn thats what training at PL level helped him develop'

Apart from higher fitness, I think the demand for really quick and precise ball control is something thats really huge in the PL. It seemed like he's been working on that a lot too because several times I noticed him manipulate the ball really smoothly under pressure.
                      All the foreign players coming in have struggled a bit at first.

Comment

ARJ really impressed me in the Oman match. However, what's a little more than disconcerting is that I think he did what he did out of utter desperation. His goal was completely an individual effort. Muscle and hustle. Sardar ruined one clean, and clearcut chance for him that I noticed and just based on alireza's reaction you see how mad he was because Sardar didn't let him have it. Looks like there are some cliques forming in TM and ARJ hasn't been invited to. Azmoun and Taremi for example, love passing to each other but definitely not to ARJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity View Post
                          ARJ really impressed me in the Oman match. However, what's a little more than disconcerting is that I think he did what he did out of utter desperation. His goal was completely an individual effort. Muscle and hustle. Sardar ruined one clean, and clearcut chance for him that I noticed and just based on alireza's reaction you see how mad he was because Sardar didn't let him have it. Looks like there are some cliques forming in TM and ARJ hasn't been invited to. Azmoun and Taremi for example, love passing to each other but definitely not to ARJ.
                          No more hashieh.

I dont care if TM takes hostages we are going to play to win without any internal troubles

Comment

Go talk to Branko and Khiaboon about your conspiracy theories, We are united, All for one , Against all odds
                            WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Unpopular opinoin here, but a lot of you saying Iranian players are physically weaker etc..comign in. You have to keep in mind I'm pretty sure the majority of EPL players and almost all athletes are on PEDs.

it's so happen iranian players aren't likely to be on them although those who died probably were (Oladi...and the other guy).

PEDs are huge, and I doubt a lot of our players ar eon them.
                              Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

Sardar ruined one clean, and clearcut chance for him that I noticed and just based on alireza's reaction you see how mad he was because Sardar didn't let him have it. Looks like there are some cliques forming in TM and ARJ hasn't been invited to. Azmoun and Taremi for example, love passing to each other but definitely not to ARJ.
                                I don't agree with this. First of all, alireza and sardar look to have a great and friendly relationship. Second of all, if you watch the trio of azmoun, taremi and jahanbaksh, all three are extremely passionate and pumped with adrenaline when it comes to goal scoring chances. All three will almost always rage at their team mates when they think they had a better chance at the goal. In fact, azmoun is the most "guilty" of this behaviour. I have even heard English commentators state it multiple times during different games.

Comment

Working...
                                X