Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
    I don't think so. Next friendly is Friday evening and the subs (plus Dunk and Izquierdo) will probably start that game.
    "HALF TIME: All square at the break in a game of few chances so far."
    Shows what I know.

➡️ ON
    Gyokeres
    Suttner
    Propper
    Murray
    White
    Bernardo
    Button
    ⬅️ OFF
    Andone
    March
    Schelotto
    Duffy
    Jahanbakhsh
    Hemed
    Ryan

Comment

Your interest may have diminished now Alireza is off the pitch but 1-0 to Brighton. Youngster Gyokeres scores.

Comment

HUGHTON PLEASED WITH RUN-OUTS FOR ANDONE AND JAHANBAKHSH

Brighton & Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton was pleased to give new signings Florin Andone and Alireza Jahanbakhsh their first run-outs in today’s 1-0 win over OGC Nice.

The duo played the first 45 minutes in the hot conditions in the south of France, and Hughton highlighted the importance of getting both players off the mark ahead of the start of the season.

He said, “They had a good run out and they’re at different stages to the rest of the group.

“The first half was tougher for both of them, as that was their first 45 minutes for us, and there’s a lot more to come from them.

“There’s a big question mark as to whether they’re both ready to start the first game of the season, because they wouldn’t have had enough minutes under their belts.

“But they’re both quality players and having some involvement off the bench is more likely.”

The Seagulls boss highlighted the importance of the game as whole, and admitted that the high temperature had an impact on the pace of the game.

“I was pleased with both halves and you try to learn as much as possible about your team. We’re still a week and a half away from the start of the season, and I would say the second half was far more productive than the first.

“We will learn from both halves though and the important thing was a good run out in hot conditions.

“That affected the game, but if you look at the weather we’re having in England, it might be a very hot day when we play Watford. The experiences we’ve had this summer will be beneficial.”

Hughton also expressed his satisfaction at the progress his squad has made as pre-season draws to a close, but explained he will only know if the hard work has paid off come 11th August.

“I’d like to think so [that the team is at the right level]. I’m probably the same as every manager, you wonder if you’ve done enough and whether players are at the right level.

“All managers will question these things. Occasionally you have a manager that’s had a perfect pre-season and everything has gone right, but generally that’s not the case. You only know come the first game of the season, and that’s when it counts.”

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.co...d-jahanbakhsh/

Comment

Highlights..

Comment

^ I think the first pass in the first scene was from JB.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
              It was. But was JB among the reserve players?

Comment

Absolutely, he was the only one with orange cleats. Beautiful pass! JB started the first half and was subbed out in the halftime break along with six others.

Comment

Can’t wait to buy AJs green away jersey! To whoever finds out first, Please let us know when it’s available for purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                    Can’t wait to buy AJs green away jersey! To whoever finds out first, Please let us know when it’s available for purchase.
                    They're already available to purchase: https://www.seagullsdirect.co.uk/kit/away-kit

But we're waiting for two things: 1) confirmation on JB's official kit number, and 2) confirmation on how JB's name will be displayed on the kit ("Alireza" or "Jahanbakhsh").

Comment

They're already available to purchase: https://www.seagullsdirect.co.uk/kit/away-kit

But we're waiting for two things: 1) confirmation on JB's official kit number, and 2) confirmation on how JB's name will be displayed on the kit ("Alireza" or "Jahanbakhsh").
                      Right, that's what I'm waiting for too!

Comment

Facts about Brighton and Hove (Source: www.dailykos.com)

Hove is a town in Sussex, one of the "home counties" of the United Kingdom. The reason why they are called home counties is that King Jarvis V had a home in each county. But he never lived in them.

The name Hove comes from the company "Hovis", who make flour and bread. In the late 18th century, Hovis made a new type of product called "Best of Both", and this is why Hove decided to unite with its arch enemy Brighton to form Brighton and Hove.

Unfortunately, both the Brightons (the supporters of Brighton) and the Hovinders (supporters of Hove) could not unite. Therefore, they needed to find a tale in mythology to allow them to join. This was the ancient story of "Albion", a land which existed before Britain was forged out of the ancient Pangaea. William Blake references it in his mythology, as does Ptolemy in his map of the UK. This was a tale of a troubled land which was by four sons - one who came from the town of Burton, another from the west of a village called Bromwich, and two twins who came from both Brighton and Hove. Together, they united the nation and defeated their ancient enemies.

Since this story has been recounted to generations of children in both Brighton and Hove, the club has risen to its current position. It truly is the best of both.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                          Facts about Brighton and Hove (Source: www.dailykos.com)

Hove is a town in Sussex, one of the "home counties" of the United Kingdom. The reason why they are called home counties is that King Jarvis V had a home in each county. But he never lived in them.

The name Hove comes from the company "Hovis", who make flour and bread. In the late 18th century, Hovis made a new type of product called "Best of Both", and this is why Hove decided to unite with its arch enemy Brighton to form Brighton and Hove.

Unfortunately, both the Brightons (the supporters of Brighton) and the Hovinders (supporters of Hove) could not unite. Therefore, they needed to find a tale in mythology to allow them to join. This was the ancient story of "Albion", a land which existed before Britain was forged out of the ancient Pangaea. William Blake references it in his mythology, as does Ptolemy in his map of the UK. This was a tale of a troubled land which was by four sons - one who came from the town of Burton, another from the west of a village called Bromwich, and two twins who came from both Brighton and Hove. Together, they united the nation and defeated their ancient enemies.

Since this story has been recounted to generations of children in both Brighton and Hove, the club has risen to its current position. It truly is the best of both.
                          that source tho

Comment

For watching games from the states... legally... should I shell out for NBC sports gold, or through Brighton themselves or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by oreosx11 View Post
                              For watching games from the states... legally... should I shell out for NBC sports gold, or through Brighton themselves or something else?
                              I used to pay for PS Vue with tons of channels that included NBC Sports but I might do NBC Sports Gold on its own instead. It's the same price minus all the crap that I never watched anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by oreosx11 View Post
                                Just use Acestream...

Comment

Working...
                                X