• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could anyone translate this article please

https://www.vi.nl/nieuws/brighton-ge...rs-nog-niet-op

Comment

Originally posted by daggerhashimoto View Post
      I feel like he is sort of an outsider in the team. They barely pass to him. What do you expect from a team with 2 Israelis. I don't even know why Bloom went after him
      Nothing to do with the Israelis. I think the entire team decided to make ARJ look like shit cause his transfer made such a huge splash in their teeny tiny irrelevant, sad and pathetic club history. From the very get go, they tried to isolate him by either not giving him the ball or giving him impossible balls that are extremely hard to control just to make his first touch look like shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
        I disagree with this statement, outside of the top 6 there are teams like Wolves who with the backing behind them have shown themselves to be a very good team, Ruben Neves, Jimenez , Mourinho etc are all very good players.
        Leicester City a few years ago were champions and also got to CL quarter final, they are improving under Rodgers and have some very good young players like Maddison , Barnes, Chillwell etc
        If Everton can get it together then they too have a good team full of internationals, Lucas Digne, Siggurdson, Bernard, Richarlison are strong players.
        West Ham are another team who have some strong players and were unlucky with injuries. They have a good manager and were able to get Felipe Anderson from Leicester.
        I could go on, the strength is depth is much better than other leagues and they managed to get 4 teams in the semi finals of European competition.
        You make a compelling arguement my friend! I guess I was a bit emotional when I wrote this. Premier league is a fantastic league and this is coming from life long Liverpool supporter but I still think it's overrated. The difference between EPL and Laliga is very small. EPL is only better because the league as a whole has more money invested in it but I'm not a fan of the physical style of play in EPL. Laliga, Serie A, Bundesliga play a classier football. After all it is the beautiful game and it should't be played as physically as they play in England. In my experience watching less physical and more technical leagues is more fun then watching a bunch of aggressive men manhandle each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
          Could anyone translate this article please

https://www.vi.nl/nieuws/brighton-ge...rs-nog-niet-op
          google trans:
          Brighton does not give up Jahanbakhsh despite dramatic figures
          May 6, 20199:25 am

As top scorer of the Premier League, Alireza Jahanbakhsh joined Brighton & Hove Albion, but his first season in England became one to be forgotten quickly. However, the Iranian gets the confidence of his manager.
          He scored 21 times in the AZ shirt last season. It gave him a nice step to the Premier League and the bank account of the Alkmaarders was pretty bad. Brighton paid nearly twenty million euros to get Jahanbakhsh to the coastal town.
          Now that the season is almost over, the figures are a painful conclusion to a failed debut season. Jahanbakhsh played only three full games in the Premier League, did not score and did not deliver any assist.
          Just as in his last year at AZ, Jahanbakhsh is mainly used by Brighton as a flank player, but the Iranian-born attacker fails in the important areas. For example, the success rate of his dribbles at 25 percent is bizarre low and his accuracy in the fit cannot be compared with that of his time in the Premier League.
          The season of Alireza Jahanbakhsh
          League Basic place Change in Exchange Play minutes
          Premier League 11 7 8 955
          FA Cup 4 0 3 328
          League Cup 1 0 0 90
          Last Sunday, Jahanbakhsh got another chance in the basic line-up. During a visit to Arsenal, the former player of NEC and AZ caused a penalty early in the match. In the break, Jahanbakhsh was held in the dressing room and his match could once again be considered a failure.
          Manager Chris Hughton sympathizes with Jahanbakhsh, who this season did not always have the opportunity to work on his form and rhythm. 'You can say that many players who couldn't get used to their first season might have done if they had played more. But it is also difficult for me to monitor the balance between what is good for the team and what is good for the player. "
          Yet Hughton does not write off Jahanbakhsh. "I'm sure we'll see more of him in the coming season." Jahanbakhsh signed a contract with Brighton until mid-2023, which by now is certain to be enforced in the Premier League. For Jahanbakhsh a new chance awaits at the highest level in England, the question is whether the next season will succeed for the football player who became so popular in Nijmegen and Alkmaar.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
            google trans:
            May 6, 20199:25 am

As top scorer of the Premier League, Alireza Jahanbakhsh joined Brighton & Hove Albion, but his first season in England became one to be forgotten quickly. However, the Iranian gets the confidence of his manager.
            He scored 21 times in the AZ shirt last season. It gave him a nice step to the Premier League and the bank account of the Alkmaarders was pretty bad. Brighton paid nearly twenty million euros to get Jahanbakhsh to the coastal town.
            Now that the season is almost over, the figures are a painful conclusion to a failed debut season. Jahanbakhsh played only three full games in the Premier League, did not score and did not deliver any assist.
            Just as in his last year at AZ, Jahanbakhsh is mainly used by Brighton as a flank player, but the Iranian-born attacker fails in the important areas. For example, the success rate of his dribbles at 25 percent is bizarre low and his accuracy in the fit cannot be compared with that of his time in the Premier League.
            The season of Alireza Jahanbakhsh
            League Basic place Change in Exchange Play minutes
            Premier League 11 7 8 955
            FA Cup 4 0 3 328
            League Cup 1 0 0 90
            Last Sunday, Jahanbakhsh got another chance in the basic line-up. During a visit to Arsenal, the former player of NEC and AZ caused a penalty early in the match. In the break, Jahanbakhsh was held in the dressing room and his match could once again be considered a failure.
            Manager Chris Hughton sympathizes with Jahanbakhsh, who this season did not always have the opportunity to work on his form and rhythm. 'You can say that many players who couldn't get used to their first season might have done if they had played more. But it is also difficult for me to monitor the balance between what is good for the team and what is good for the player. "
            Yet Hughton does not write off Jahanbakhsh. "I'm sure we'll see more of him in the coming season." Jahanbakhsh signed a contract with Brighton until mid-2023, which by now is certain to be enforced in the Premier League. For Jahanbakhsh a new chance awaits at the highest level in England, the question is whether the next season will succeed for the football player who became so popular in Nijmegen and Alkmaar.
            Its gonna be hilarious when all these Dumb English fans start worshipping him next season. I'll be here waiting patiently.

Comment

Originally posted by mistermo View Post
              You make a compelling arguement my friend! I guess I was a bit emotional when I wrote this. Premier league is a fantastic league and this is coming from life long Liverpool supporter but I still think it's overrated. The difference between EPL and Laliga is very small. EPL is only better because the league as a whole has more money invested in it but I'm not a fan of the physical style of play in EPL. Laliga, Serie A, Bundesliga play a classier football. After all it is the beautiful game and it should't be played as physically as they play in England. In my experience watching less physical and more technical leagues is more fun then watching a bunch of aggressive men manhandle each other.
              I understand 😀 I have got emotional on here too haha
              Whatever happens I am Brighton’s biggest fan on Sunday , hopefully they can get a point off Man City and help Liverpool win the league.

Comment

By the way I have been looking at ARJ stats that are on his Wikipedia page. He seeks to struggle in his first season at his new club and then improves second season. It has happened at every club he has played for , for example in his first season at Alkmaar he only scored 3 goals in the league. This shows that he is a player who needs time to adapt and feel comfortable.
                Plus he has only played 18 times this season and only the full game 3 times, you can not make a decision on a player in such little games.

Comment

Who is TeamMelli on the Brighton forum? This guy's posts are embarrassing.

We need to stop making excuses for ARJ and just hope he comes good next season, as his record at previous clubs suggest. Don't judge all of Brighton's fans based on posts in their forum - forums are a very small group of people, and even in the forum he has his share of supporters. It's not his teammates fault, it's not the coaches fault, and it's not the fault of the system they play. He has a lot of expectation on his shoulders, he is being asked to play in a role he is not accustomed to, and he is playing in a much faster league where you have big, strong defenders and very little time on the ball. He needs to keep his head down, believe in himself and step it up a notch next season. We should admit he was not good this year but we should be hopeful he will turn it around.

By blaming everyone but him for his form and belittling Brighton and their fans we are just embarrassing ourselves and ARJ. Please stop it.
                  ballast parcham bi boro bargard refigh negaran nabash bikhod to aslan

Comment

you ppl have lost it with your conspiracy theories this one has to be the most comical one of them all
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

As expected, JB is making the lists for flops of the year etc...

https://www.footballwhispers.com/blo...worst-signings
                      https://thetopflight.com/2019/04/21/...league-season/
                      https://www.theguardian.com/football...flopped-season

Let's hope, whatever happens this weekend, that he gets a good pre-season and has his typical solid second season for Brighton.

Remember, for Damash he scored 0 goals in first season, 2 goals in 2nd and 9 goals in 3rd
                      For NEC he scored 6 goals in first season, 13 in second
                      For AZ he scored 3 goals in first season, 12 in second season (and won award for best winger in Eredivisie) and 22 in third season (topping goal charts and 3rd in assist charts)

I hope this pattern continues for him. I just really hope the team spirit in BHA improves for all of them because i've never seen a club where the players seem to spend so much time and energy glaring and throwing their hands up at each other.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                        Let's hope, whatever happens this weekend, that he gets a good pre-season and has his typical solid second season for Brighton.
                        Remember, for Damash he scored 0 goals in first season, 2 goals in 2nd and 9 goals in 3rd
                        For AZ he scored 3 goals in first season, 12 in second season (and won award for best winger in Eredivisie) and 22 in third season (topping goal charts and 3rd in assist charts)
                        I hope this pattern continues for him. I just really hope the team spirit in BHA improves for all of them because i've never seen a club where the players seem to spend so much time and energy glaring and throwing their hands up at each other.
                        That’s what I was mentioning a few posts back, let’s see what he does when he is more comfortable .

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post

It seems to me that Alireza's situation could be similar to Origi's whereby Klopp continues to have faith on the latter and CH on the former. What Origi faced at Wolfsburg Alireza is facing at BHA. Here is the story published in the Guardian:

How psychology helped Origi be a Liverpool hero after Wolfsburg low

Striker’s supreme mental strength has helped him bounce back from Bundesliga humiliation to be a cool conqueror of Barça

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-wolfsburg-low

What a difference a year makes. On 5 May 2018 Divock Origi stood, shoulders slumped, at the Red Bull Arena having struggled to make an impact for Wolfsburg as they were thrashed 4-1 by Leipzig. It was another chastening afternoon at the club that had taken him on loan from Liverpool. A Bundesliga relegation play-off lay in wait after a season in which he had scored just six league goals in 34 appearances and suffered the public humiliation of being substituted in the first half against Hoffenheim two months earlier. He was then torn apart in the German press for admitting he knew nothing about Holstein Kiel, the team Wolfsburg would face in the two-legged decider.

Even an eternal optimist would have laughed off suggestions that the young Belgian could recover from such a soul-destroying experience to kickstart and finish Liverpool’s – and perhaps European club football’s – greatest ever comeback at Anfield against Barcelona 367 days later to book a place in the Champions League final.

But Origi is not your average footballer. In an interview with the Guardian he once said he would be a psychologist if he wasn’t a striker because he loves listening to TED talks, likes to know the personalities of his teammates and “studied psychology but had to stop when I got into the first team.” So, as the dust settled on the remarkable 4-0 win and Jürgen Klopp spoke glowingly of his players being “fucking mentality giants”, Origi must have been at the forefront of the manager’s thoughts.

In the quarter-final second leg at Porto Klopp berated the forward for 45 minutes for doing pretty much everything wrong before hooking him at half-time for Roberto Firmino, a player Liverpool were supposed to be resting. He could have disappeared into his shell for the rest of the season after experiencing embarrassment similar to that which he was subject to on that horrible afternoon at Hoffenheim. Instead, he knuckled down and resolved to play his part at Liverpool, emerging from the shadows to make an impact with minimal game time.

He has played only 577 minutes of football this season yet delivered in some of the biggest moments; in the sixth minute of injury time against Everton; the 87th minute at Newcastle; the seventh and 79th against Barcelona. If there were football rankings for players with the greatest “sense of occasion” he would be up there at the top. He’s scored six goals in what amounts to six and a-half games of playing time. Not bad for a bit-part player.

Liverpool’s history is studded with a fine collection of cameo players who have been unlikely heroes when thrown centre stage: Neil Mellor, Florent Sinama Pongolle, David Fairclough and Vladimir Smicer, to name but a few, but perhaps none have been loaded with greater responsibility. Klopp trusted Origi to deliver in the absence of two players who have scored 44 goals between them for Liverpool this season – and in a game of such magnitude.

Trent Alexander-Arnold is rightly being lauded for his quick-thinking as he caught Barcelona’s defence napping with the corner that set up the winner and turned Anfield into a giant bouncy castle. But it takes two to tango. There were red shirted players with their backs turned to the corner spot as well as those in Barça yellow. Origi was not among them. The player who likes to know how his teammates’ minds work was hyper alert and knew what the right-back was up to.

And then what about the finish? Some goals are scored instinctively under pressure from defenders. To miss those chances is excusable. But as the ball was fizzed into him Origi had time to think. He could see it coming. He knew he could be hero or villain. His legs could have turned to jelly. It was Madrid or (quite possibly) bust. But he kept his cool, reacted to the situation, and swept the ball home to become a cool conqueror of Barcelona.

“On the fourth goal, I knew that everyone was tired. These are things that have been done all year round in training,” he said after the match. “It is the mentality that made the difference.” None more so than his own.

Comment

As a Liverpool fan, I actually don't want to see him starting on Sunday. March and Knocky, please. Having said that, law of averages say he's due some sort of meaningful positive contribution to a game.

Comment

^ I actually would like to see him play a full game and score the equalizer or the winning goal to help Liverpool win the championship I continue to believe in this guy and CH and I think its just a matter of time before he shines in EPL.

Go ARJ!
                              Go Brighton!

Comment

i be hoping to see him in action vs citay ... hence affording him another chance to make some sorta mends for his weak debut season..! would love to witness a BHA upset regardless..!!
                                as others already mentioned and as evident by his career track record, he is certain to improve for the upcoming season with the full Pre-season under his belt and hopefully with BHA improving their CAM position vastly in off season ..!
                                yet imo his performance improvements will be rather Incremental and im still highly doubtful he'd Ever be able to tear it up down the wing like his last season at AZ in any EPL team for that matter.!!
                                Reality is that, Next season Ali is still gonna be facing defenses of EPL quality and he will still be at the lowly BHA...! a club that's frankly by en large outa their depth in EPL and with the sorta do$h that their owner typically drops, all they can realistically aim for is EPL survival and possibly a miraculous/lucky run deeper into the cup competitions..!
                                BTW
                                Next season will certainly be the "last chance saloon" situation for Alireza..! if he fails to impose himself much better next season, he will in all likelihood be off-loaded (regardless of big lo$$)to 2-3rd rated EU leagues in best case scenario..!
                                Last edited by BacheLot; 05-09-2019, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X