Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zahedika View Post
    As a whole BHA defends too deep and too passive (falls back into defensive shape as a whole with not even one player pressuring at the opponents point of attack).
    A lot of teams do a great to fairly decent job of controlling the midfield with 3 players. In many of those, there is a forward that drops to help the middle and then move up to the middle of the front line. Murray is not that and I do not know who in BHA is. The 4-3-3 that CH has a fetish for would do great with a forward like that. In other systems, the wings drop back and 2 of the middle 3 drop to a more defensive positions with CAM staying up in a 3 man midfield line. So CH has options but he needs to be a bit more of a manager and less of a trainer.
    The balls played through the center if not long, are usually stuck in the midfield and take the speed out of the attack. This is because Bissouma gets the ball and takes a long time to figure out what is going on, and by then he is closed down and loses the ball (may be he is not Gross). The other two midfielders really seem like D-mids w/o much vision or creativity (clones of each other), at least from what I have seen. I love to see Kayal replace Stephens or Proper. In couple of games that I have seen him, he seems to bring more energy and movement to the midfield.
    The center backs are usually left hanging and forward line is not served because of terrible midfield play.
    The overlap/exchange play between the wings and their side's full backs (Bernardo and Montoya) are good when the ball is moved up the flanks, which is much quicker than centrally played balls. I am not sure what happened to Solly March but he has been regressing, but AC and AR seem to do and adequate job given their defensive duties and lack of MF support.
    The games I saw Bong play, he really scared me because of his lack of soccer common sense. Bruno is good if you want a stay at home back, where he does not have to do a lot of recovery work.
    On crosses, there is very little movement to the ball, to open space or to space by the center forward, opposite side winger or trailing MF. It is like playing Irish style, find the tall guy, have him stand in the middle of the box and try to bounce the ball off his head and hope for the best.
    I am not as familiar with Pascal Gross as with the current midfield line up, but I think Bissouma is supposed to be the replacement creative midfielder. Problem with Bissouma is as I said above. I truly wished BHA had bought Thomas Delaney as opposed to Bissouma and AJ if they were looking for quick results; however, I am sure that if not both at least AJ will pan out in the long term (much better next season and very solid from there).
    Lets just hope BHA does not drop.
    I'm not about to disagree wholeheartedly, just fill in a few gaps:

Pascal Groß has immense stamina and covers a lot of ground. Outside of the top six clubs he was involved in more goals than any other PL player last season. And covers the most ground as well.
    Bruno can read the game better, does not go AWOL and shows more composure on the ball than anyone else.
    Kayal has a a little burst of speed but he goes not get involved in hardly any goals.
    Knockaert and March are very left footed making it easier for defenders as they are reluctant to use their weaker foot with good reason. They are overachieving this season. Bissouma is more promising.
    I'm not against Bong as he can at least spot the runs of opposing forwards.
    Dale Stephens and Davy Pröpper are identical in style slowish defensive midfielders. (Thomas Delaney wanted to go to Germany.)
    Montoya is good at interceptions and not big enough for a far post crosses.
    On form and fully fit, I would tend to play just the one winger:

Ryan
    Bruno Duffy Dunk Bong
    Groß Stephens Pröpper Izquierdo
    Locadia Andone

but against the top 6 and away, I would tend to leave Izquierdo on the bench with Bissouma, Montoya and Bernardo all in contention.

i would go for a left-sided midfielder as a big money purchase, in the unlikely event one wold become available.

Comment

brighton should focus on the fa cup, if they can get to the final is still good.

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
        brighton should focus on the fa cup, if they can get to the final is still good.
        Ehsan you are the best.

Comment

For U.S. viewers, the Man City vs. BHA match tomorrow will be streamed live on ESPN+ (which is a separate, paid subscription).

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
            One game at a time

History: Brighton focused on the FA Cup in 1983 and got relegated. It took Brighton over 33 years to get back.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
              One game at a time
              Ehsan is our foremost pundit on PFDC. Do not doubt his skills.

Comment

Any US channels showing the FA Cup?

Comment

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/brighton...lbion/payroll/

Jahanbakhsh is joint highest paid player at an annual salary of £2,600,000.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                    Any US channels showing the FA Cup?
                    Its on ESPN Plus. The monthly subscription is 4.99 i think.

Comment

Hamleh Hamleh ey Jahanbaksh ma gol mikhaym

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
                        I'm not about to disagree wholeheartedly, just fill in a few gaps:

Pascal Groß has immense stamina and covers a lot of ground. Outside of the top six clubs he was involved in more goals than any other PL player last season. And covers the most ground as well.
                        Bruno can read the game better, does not go AWOL and shows more composure on the ball than anyone else.
                        Kayal has a a little burst of speed but he goes not get involved in hardly any goals.
                        Knockaert and March are very left footed making it easier for defenders as they are reluctant to use their weaker foot with good reason. They are overachieving this season. Bissouma is more promising.
                        I'm not against Bong as he can at least spot the runs of opposing forwards.
                        Dale Stephens and Davy Pröpper are identical in style slowish defensive midfielders. (Thomas Delaney wanted to go to Germany.)
                        Montoya is good at interceptions and not big enough for a far post crosses.
                        On form and fully fit, I would tend to play just the one winger:

Ryan
                        Bruno Duffy Dunk Bong
                        Groß Stephens Pröpper Izquierdo
                        Locadia Andone

but against the top 6 and away, I would tend to leave Izquierdo on the bench with Bissouma, Montoya and Bernardo all in contention.

i would go for a left-sided midfielder as a big money purchase, in the unlikely event one wold become available.

Hoo Boy!! (seriously!! Playing 2 D-mids who are slow, can't pass or defend)

Delaney (thomas not Martin?!) decided to move to a team that plays soccer rather than the "get stuck in" non-sense that you island types like to play.

Also your lineup of mostly cones speaks to your desire to relive your glory days in the Championship . I am pretty sure you will at least get a good chuckle when you share your tactical genius.

Have a day Charlie.

Comment

Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion

Where to watch: https://twitter.com/hashtag/AlbionAt...82441195012096

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D3Zls6EXsAEBEiW.jpg:large

Comment

So what line-up are we predicting? I'm assuming AJ won't play this match.

Comment

Originally posted by zahedika View Post

Delaney (thomas not Martin?!) decided to move to a team that plays soccer rather than the "get stuck in" non-sense that you island types like to play.
                              Delaney has a big game today: https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/12...ussia-Dortmund

Comment

Originally posted by happydoggo View Post
                                So what line-up are we predicting? I'm assuming AJ won't play this match.
                                Don't know. ARJ expected to be in the squad. I'm ill and cannot make the game.
                                I think we will have to take off a winger and to play an extra midfielder? Groß is out. Locadia and March doubtful. Izquierdo unlikely to start.

Teams will be announced quite quickly on https://twitter.com/andynaylorargus?lang=en

Comment

Working...
                                X