Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
    A reasoned reply. BHA looking to sign a Mahrez and haven't got a Vardy. Solly March at a pinch is comparable to Albrighton. Both are bit on the fringes of lower PL quality.

Accurate long balls/passing to the flanks is a BHA strong point, both in number of accurate passes and instant control. What lets the team down is the final ball and finishing from open play.

Opposing teams have got wary of this at the Amex and play deeper. Bournemouth especially had an extra defender and Arsenal took off an attacker to preserve the 1-1 draw.

Newcastle are the worse opponents as only Burnley and them are more defensive than Brighton. If Brighton go behind they will tend to push forward and get caught out in the same way. Montoya and Bernardo are not so defensively alert as Bruno and Bong.

Wolves are the new Leicester, good at exploiting over extended wing-backs.
    Passing down the flanks is a Brighton strength ie) Bong to March or Montoya to AJ. It's never Stephens to March/Izqueirdo. The team is slow in transition partly because of immobile CMs and because of different styles between wingers + Murray.

I'll buy your Wolves point even though they play 3-5-2 and not 4-4-2 like Leicester. The similarities remain though. Joao Moutinho/Ruben Neves are excellent on the ball and have outlets like Jimenez and Jota who are literally made for that type of play. Brighton's players are not.

Hopefully they churn a point against Newcastle and are done with it. They need major strategy adjustments

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
      Passing down the flanks is a Brighton strength ie) Bong to March or Montoya to AJ. It's never Stephens to March/Izqueirdo. The team is slow in transition partly because of immobile CMs and because of different styles between wingers + Murray.

I'll buy your Wolves point even though they play 3-5-2 and not 4-4-2 like Leicester. The similarities remain though. Joao Moutinho/Ruben Neves are excellent on the ball and have outlets like Jimenez and Jota who are literally made for that type of play. Brighton's players are not.

Hopefully they churn a point against Newcastle and are done with it. They need major strategy adjustments
      im taking the seaguls +125 this week I think they'll finally kick up playing a team that is on paper not much stronger than they are. what scares me though is their form - they're playing great as a team and indivduals like perez, rondon, ritchie, dubravka, all have been in top form. if BHA who is in dire need of the points cant get a win here they're pretty much doomed they aint getting points against highly motivated arsenal and city and cardiff can get points vs palace and fulham.....
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
        im taking the seaguls +125 this week I think they'll finally kick up playing a team that is on paper not much stronger than they are. what scares me though is their form - they're playing great as a team and indivduals like perez, rondon, ritchie, dubravka, all have been in top form. if BHA who is in dire need of the points cant get a win here they're pretty much doomed they aint getting points against highly motivated arsenal and city and cardiff can get points vs palace and fulham.....
        Hopefully it works out for you. It's tough because Newcastle has some real tough ones.

Unfortunately for Newcastle, Almiron got injured and he is big on starting their counters. I'm not sure who Jahanbakhsh would go up against this week if he plays but if he gets played on the left he might have to play vs Yedlin who is going to press him to death which sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
          Hopefully it works out for you. It's tough because Newcastle has some real tough ones.

Unfortunately for Newcastle, Almiron got injured and he is big on starting their counters. I'm not sure who Jahanbakhsh would go up against this week if he plays but if he gets played on the left he might have to play vs Yedlin who is going to press him to death which sucks.
          Doubt Jb gets to see the field tmrw. Manchild knocky is back.

Comment

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
            Doubt Jb gets to see the field tmrw. Manchild knocky is back.
            Bah bah the sefid Alipour

Comment

subbing him early last game suggested to me that Ali may well feature this sat. ..!! as a sub or starter would depend on if CH lining them up offensively to go for the win or is he still gonna stick to his cautious defensive approach..! Knucklehead is more likely to start if they opt for a more attacking game..!
              i also think they gonna be needing all 3 points from this game to survive the likely late Cardiff charge to get ahead of them on points..!
              probably CH would start them out for defensively and somewhat balanced and then push for win after 60'..! i think even he knows that BHA need a win or bust..!

Comment

Izqueirdo and Knockaert will start, I think. JB will be an unused sub unless Newcastle have a lead of 2 or more by the 60th minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  Izqueirdo and Knockaert will start, I think. JB will be an unused sub unless Newcastle have a lead of 2 or more by the 60th minute.
                  if Jahanbakhsh comes on 87th minute and Newcastle are 2-0 up its his fault they can't equalize.

Comment

I doubt Knockheart will start, how could you win your manager's trust back for such a crucial game when you lost your head in the last one?
                    Plus, Alireza seemed to really please Hughton with his performance against spurs

Comment

Hughton likes JB guys, trust me he will start (and get subbed off probably around the 70-75 mark dependent on score).

There is no way that Knockaert will start after what he did.

BHA fans (most of them at least) will be annoyed about this but tough titties.

Comment

500 pages of wasted bandwidth on a failed project.

21st century Iranian football fans are talkative!

Comment

Originally posted by beri486 View Post
                          500 pages of wasted bandwidth on a failed project.

21st century Iranian football fans are talkative!
                          If you don't like it, don't look at it

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                            I doubt Knockheart will start, how could you win your manager's trust back for such a crucial game when you lost your head in the last one?
                            Plus, Alireza seemed to really please Hughton with his performance against spurs
                            Because Knocky runs the dressing room LOL no but seriously idk how Knockaert has started the games that he has... absolute trash of a player. I don't see JB starting tmr. Most likely Knocky and Izzy or March and Izzy.

Comment

If I were to guess, I would say he starts March and Knocky.

BHA just had a grueling match a few days ago, and since the quality difference is relatively small between the wingers (Iranians feel differently), I guess CH will go with the fresh legs in March and Knocky. Hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
                                Because Knocky runs the dressing room LOL no but seriously idk how Knockaert has started the games that he has... absolute trash of a player. I don't see JB starting tmr. Most likely Knocky and Izzy or March and Izzy.
                                A battle of wits between Benitez and Hughton will decide the teams. Both teams are playing rather defensive these last two seasons and it is the third season they have met.

Some Hughton basic tactics: https://www.fourfourtwo.com/performance/chris-hughton

Duffy is a shoe-in as well as Ryan.

Bruno and Bong are the more experienced of the full backs and see danger better.

Architects of the long pass from BHA are Stephens and Dunk with and acceptable success rate in this aspect. Expect these two players to start.

Bruno is designated captain and he is probably the biggest influence with Dunk vice captain second in influence. This does not mean Bruno will start though. Murray is influential as a senior professional as well.

Weather forecast is Force 6 which does not encourage good football. Blowing a hooley now.

Pascal Groß will start if fit? Davy Pröpper is injured.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/12...wcastle-United

Izquierdo is not fully fit, which rather rules him out as a starter.

Bissouma is more of a goal threat than the more experienced Kayal.

Solly March missed two seasons with injury and is a bit behind in development and he could still improve and he will have to because his weak foot skills are limited and the same could be said of Stephens and Knockaert.

Locadia is not strong enough in the air as a target man, Andone is too small and Murray is too slow.

Benitez more than any other manager tends to exploit weaknesses in the opposition and the apparently conservative CH might go for experience?

so
                                Ryan
                                ??? Duffy Dunk ???
                                ??? Stephens ??? ???
                                Groß
                                ???

Comment

Working...
                                X